Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW 5.0s Callout Lists (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2435)

kdanner 08-18-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 45715)
i feel like im in science class.

LOL. I try to be scientific. I'm known to say "If you don't have data, you're a loser". That is a true statement in more than one way.

Bearded Banger 08-18-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 45712)
Wait a minute. This is a manual base GT? I don't care if it is 100% untouched with stock wheels/tires and all, that car doesn't even weigh 3600 without driver. Get a new scale.

Why are you running a radial tire, any radial tire, on a stick car, then complaining it won't hook? You put the wrong tire on!

Here's the splits needed to go 10.80s from a 1.55 60':

60-3302.9409
60-6605.4026
60-10007.5251
60-13209.319
330-6602.4617
330-10004.5842
330-13206.3781
660-10002.1225
660-13203.9164
1000-13201.7939

Splits for sticks are quicker than that down low, automatics get to take advantage of a radial tire and are quicker downtrack. You've got at least 75 more RWHP according to you, so you should absolutely slaughter every single one of those numbers. So let's see em.

Ill choose answer C.

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 45717)
Ill choose answer C.

"Summer School"
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C

Grandpa 08-18-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45710)
Why everyone saw what I ran. My best was a 12.3 at 117 mph with a 2.0 60ft

I'm pretty sure you went 114 and Clint went 119. Dale has the video so I'm sure we will find out for sure.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 45685)
Jeff, you keep using the excuse of seat time but guess what...a Really experienced driver drove your slow a$$ car too and barely got into the 11s.

X275 power adder cars are only allowed a 275/60/15 Drag Radial so please don't use the "my tires aren't big enough" excuse if their tire works for 1000+ hp

Sorry Brent but this is a uneducated post, drag radials and a stick do not equal good 60ft times. Yes cars with 1200+ make them work but these cars have timers to apply power very smoothly and with a automatic it also have a degree of slip with converter. We also have the ablitly to kill timing on shifts, kill timng at rpms we are havign isues with trackion, kill timing on shifts, ramp timing in/out ect. So to compair Jeff's 6 speed Manuel to a automatic 1200hp drag radial car is not a fair comparison.

Jeff's car also does not have drag radials, his tires are more of a road race tire than a drag radial. Not good for dead stops,

A stock 5.0 on stock tires, a tune, and auto will run 12.33@114. Easy to drive and not to hard to put into drive and let it shift its way down the track. We did this in my wife's car at full weight 100% stock with nothing but our tune up in it.

A Manuel will take seat time, does not matter how much seat time i have in my drag radial car. This car has to be revved very high to make power with cams, ported heads and a small motor.

Reving a car to 5,000rpms and expected it to hook well on a tire that is a little better than a true street tire is just silly and I told Jeff this. Trying to run the car in these is silly and a waste of time if you are truly looking for performance.

So let's break down the slip that his car ran

60ft 1.91

Put slicks on and adjust that 60ft, every 100th on the 60ft is worth 200th on the other end (1/4 mile racing)

60ft 1.60
11.2 in same air.....

Not a record by any means but still a fast street car none the less

I witness some pretty bad driving last night by some and I witness some pretty awesome driving by others. It takes time to learn a car and know what it needs. Everyone should pull together and enjoy this hobby, all this shit talking is getting very old and will run off members if it continues. No one like to fight

Jeff you are going to have to take some poking after last night. It just comes with it, you need to go out with the right tire, practice practice practice till you are happy with your times and then make your call outs. Till then I would not make any call outs, shit talking , fights about what the car should do. JUST GO OUT AND LEARN YOUR CAR!!!

My 2 cents

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:07 PM

Just post the two little pieces of paper already

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 45719)
I'm pretty sure you went 114 and Clint went 119. Dale has the video so I'm sure we will find out for sure.

Sent you a text Foo

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 45721)
Just post the two little pieces of paper already

For what purpose Brent?

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:12 PM

My uneducated post was simply to explain to Jeff that MANY other people of all sorts of power levels use small drag radial tires, True Street classes too, so the requirement of a slick is null and void.

Where's the time slips so we can compare the splits?

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 45725)
My uneducated post was simply to explain to Jeff that MANY other people of all sorts of power levels use small drag radial tires, True Street classes too, so the requirement of a slick is null and void.

Again not correct,

You put your car in drive and let your tuner do all your shifting for you in your auto. A stick takes much more to make it work, (I drive a auto too)

Autos = drag radial
Manuel = slick

Promise this is not a pissing match but this is true

Grandpa 08-18-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45722)
Sent you a text Foo

Ok, I stand corrected. Jeff went 117. Not bad at all.

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:18 PM

I'd throw myself over a cliff if I spent as much money as Jeff did to get an 11.8 no traction or 11.2 with traction out of my car NA when others have gone faster with a lot less (wbt, kdanner, CasperGT, shaun@aed, 04compgt, me) all stock heads and cams and internals.

With 520+ HP he should be mile per houring at 130 or better even if he is spinning.

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

I wasn't happy with the times so I just threw away the slips. Sorry.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Retread my long post......it takes a lot of tuning for us to get a 1200rwhp car down the track with a 275 drag radial. Not just floor it and hope the track is there

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:20 PM

I know autos need drs and manuals need slicks...but how do all the manual True Street guys get down the track since they can't run slicks?

kdanner 08-18-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45731)
I wasn't happy with the times so I just threw away the slips. Sorry.

Dude that's valuable data, don't ever throw those away. You need that for comparison later to see where you improved, where you didn't.

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:21 PM

So Jeff you have no data to learn from the next time you go to the track? Keep them next time :-)

kdanner 08-18-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 45733)
I know autos need drs and manuals need slicks...but how do all the manual True Street guys get down the track since they can't run slicks?

DOT bias is what I'd be on.

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:22 PM

Kdanner types faster...

Grandpa 08-18-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 45728)
Again not correct,

You put your car in drive and let your tuner do all your shifting for you in your auto. A stick takes much more to make it work, (I drive a auto too)

Autos = drag radial
Manuel = slick

Promise this is not a pissing match but this is true

I agree. To add to that an auto car doesn't shock the tires as much as a stick car does either. Depending on how badly the car transfers weight it can shock the tires a few times in one pass and never really get settled going down the track. With an auto, the weight is always on the rear axle.

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:23 PM

See you all later this week...going to bed now to wake up to start the drive down from Detroit back to Dallas at 5am CST

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 45734)
Dude that's valuable data, don't ever throw those away. You need that for comparison later to see where you improved, where you didn't.

Yeah but that was my first time out. I need to learn the basics all over again like I used to back in the early 2000's. I had a 2000 GT with bolt ons and 100 shot and I was turning 1.6 60ft with nittos DR and running 11.7 at 117 mph but I was at the track every weekend. That's before I took over my company, had kids, and a wife. Don't have the free time anymore but I'm gonna go as much as I can right now.

So I don't see the point of keeping them right now when I need to learn how to drive this car all over again at the track.

Bearded Banger 08-18-2013 11:24 PM

I like nachos! All 3 of them!

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 45739)
See you all later this week...going to bed now to wake up to start the drive down from Detroit back to Dallas at 5am CST

Be safe Dad.

Yagermeister 08-18-2013 11:27 PM

Dad says "Jeff, listen to kdanner and wbt more often and faster you will go!"

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 45730)
I'd throw myself over a cliff if I spent as much money as Jeff did to get an 11.8 no traction or 11.2 with traction out of my car NA when others have gone faster with a lot less (wbt, kdanner, CasperGT, shaun@aed, 04compgt, me) all stock heads and cams and internals.

With 520+ HP he should be mile per houring at 130 or better even if he is spinning.

Jesus Christ it's my first time at the track with this car. How many times do I need to say that. I'm sure it will go faster with more time behind the wheel. And also that doesn't make sense for that MPH for my car. I mean there were SC cars making a lot more hp then me running slower then 130 mph.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Lol.....apples to oranges again smarty pants.....

Jeff's car is not a drag car, not set up for it, has all the interior in it ect.....

Wbt and me visited for a bit last night and seems to know his stuff pretty well. He know how to prep his car for the track, one light weigh seat, no interior, true big and little wheels, proper tires for his set up. This is just what I seen by walking by his car. Seem to know his car and what it took to make it preform

Jeff's does not know his car, does not have proper suspension for what he was doing last night, needs to Lear how to drive the car better, pull unnessiary weight for track, put proper wheel and tires ect.....

But Jeff only needs to do this if he is trying to see the peak performance in drag racing. If he is going to fight with you guys all the time then he needs to make the car track ready before going to the track. But to compair how much tie. You have, and the other cars listed I'm sure there times they are running now are not the times they ran there first time to the track.

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 45746)
Lol.....apples to oranges again smarty pants.....

Jeff's car is not a drag car, not set up for it, has all the interior in it ect.....

Wbt and me visited for a bit last night and seems to know his stuff pretty well. He know how to prep his car for the track, one light weigh seat, no interior, true big and little wheels, proper tires for his set up. This is just what I seen by walking by his car. Seem to know his car and what it took to make it preform

Jeff's does not know his car, does not have proper suspension for what he was doing last night, needs to Lear how to drive the car better, pull unnessiary weight for track, put proper wheel and tires ect.....

But Jeff only needs to do this if he is trying to see the peak performance in drag racing. If he is going to fight with you guys all the time then he needs to make the car track ready before going to the track. But to compair how much tie. You have, and the other cars listed I'm sure there times they are running now are not the times they ran there first time to the track.

You guys already gave me the car I've always wanted. I wanted a 500 rwhp NA with a big shot of nitrous. Now I have it I need to decide what I want to do with it. Right now I want it to be a full street car but will run decent at the track. I don't need a race car setup like Brent and WBT with the perfect suspension and shit taken out. I just want to have fun with it on the street. Cause right now we don't know what suspension I need cause I haven't used the nitrous yet at the track.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 45738)
I agree. To add to that an auto car doesn't shock the tires as much as a stick car does either. Depending on how badly the car transfers weight it can shock the tires a few times in one pass and never really get settled going down the track. With an auto, the weight is always on the rear axle.

Applying power smoothly is the key, launching in a window of 200rpms Jeff's car will either bog or spin. There is not much driving to be had with as little torque that these motors make. Slicks will help but Jeff will have to decide if he wants to set the car up for racing or just settle for what ever the car runs with traction,

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45747)
You guys already gave me the car I've always wanted. I wanted a 500 rwhp NA with a big shot of nitrous. Now I have it I need to decide what I want to do with it. Right now I want it to be a full street car but will run decent at the track. I don't need a race car setup like Brent and WBT with the perfect suspension and shit taken out. I just want to have fun with it on the street. Cause right now we don't know what suspension I need cause I haven't used the nitrous yet at the track.

I would not say there cars are drag cars because there not. What I meant was they do what is needed to run there best by removing weight for the track and then putting it back when the car is ready for street duty.

blownaltered 08-18-2013 11:41 PM

I'm not one to really stick up for Jeff since he did talk massive shit before last night so he had some of this coming. But are some of you guys really comparing autos stalled cars with no seats that go to the track every weekend to a guy with a full weight car with a new combo and also his first time to the track with it., let not forget a stick.

Grandpa 08-18-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45747)

I'm nervous for you when you finally hit that bottle. That thing is going to be scary going down the track. You better bring an extra pair of shorts! haha.

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 45751)
I would not say there cars are drag cars because there not. What I meant was they do what is needed to run there best by removing weight for the track and then putting it back when the car is ready for street duty.

Ok I'm not saying they are "fully" drag cars either but they are more of a drag car then my fully street car.

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 45752)
I'm not one to really stick up for Jeff since he did talk massive shit before last night so he had some of this coming. But are some of you guys really comparing autos stalled cars with no seats that go to the track every weekend to a guy with a full weight car with a new combo and also his first time to the track with it., let not forget a stick.

Exactly and not once did I say I was going to run great time my FIRST time to the track with it. I said I was going to be really rusty and would need practice. So I wasn't expecting much last night. And with what happen to Don's car I even surprise myself that I ran last night cause that there made me really nervous.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-18-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

To say his car should run 130+ is also uneducated.....

I have a Honda that hangs around our shop that makes 498fwhp... It traps 140mph in the 1/4 mile..... How do you figure that?

Well I will tell you, power to weight is everything in drag racing. Jeff claims his car weighs over 3850 with out him in the car. That would make it over 4000lb with him in the car going down the track. Weight will kill mph.....

My fox body back in the day made 400rwhp (1996) weighed 3196 with me in it and traped 128.8mph.

You have to quit taking the times the fast guys on the Internet are runing and thinking that a little higher dyno number should make a heavy car not set up to track with a new driver should run with the educated and prepared racer. Raw power will not over come weight and set up

kdanner 08-18-2013 11:51 PM

You have got to be kidding me. There's the no interior BS again. Hello? What are you going to do with a rear seat when you have a roll bar? Yes the passenger seat is pulled, nobody else does that? Yes when at the track it has a far safer driver seat in it to properly accommodate the harness, nobody else does that?

Everyone knows the back seat doesn't weigh shit. The passenger seat is around 45lbs. That driver seat saves about 20lbs. Then there's the part no one seems to want to talk about, the weight added right back in from all the safety equipment, that car is 100% legal to 10 flat. That car is no lighter than it would be with the stock seats present and the aftermarket shit not present.

BLK2012GT 08-18-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 45761)
You have got to be kidding me. There's the no interior BS again. Hello? What are you going to do with a rear seat when you have a roll bar? Yes the passenger seat is pulled, nobody else does that? Yes when at the track it has a far safer driver seat in it to properly accommodate the harness, nobody else does that?

Everyone knows the back seat doesn't weigh shit. The passenger seat is around 45lbs. That driver seat saves about 20lbs. Then there's the part no one seems to want to talk about, the weight added right back in from all the safety equipment, that car is 100% legal to 10 flat. That car is no lighter than it would be with the stock seats present and the aftermarket shit not present.

Not planning on putting a roll bar or cage in my car as of right now. Plan on racing and driving it as is. Not even taking anyting out of the trunk.

wbt 08-19-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 45746)

The difference in knowing your car and not is doing all your own work vs. paying someone else to do it for you. Also having experience racing and knowing how to put a good combination of parts together helps.

One that that floors me is how much money people waste on bright shiny objects. Just to name a few:

MMR head cooling mod
CAI's
Intake manifold heat shields
Any JLT product
...the list goes on.

I didn't run 10's the first time out with my car but I did run 11's with a tune, tires/wheels and the passenger seat removed. The car was bone stock down to the mufflers outside of those changes:

As my car sits, the only change I make to it between street and track are wheels/tires and I put the radio antenna back on. That's it. I use the same tune and everything else to drive with on the street.
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...0GT/IMG047.jpg

For the car being gutted, I addressed that in this post: http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=299

I know you are not being confrontational but wanted to clear a few things up. :waytogo:

Thanks for stopping by to chat last night.

wbt 08-19-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 45762)
Not planning on putting a roll bar or cage in my car as of right now. Plan on racing and driving it as is. Not even taking anyting out of the trunk.

I think if you are going to be successful at the track and meet the goals you have set you will have to change your train of thought about this.

BLK2012GT 08-19-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbt (Post 45769)
I think if you are going to be successful at the track and meet the goals you have set you will have to change your train of thought about this.

More seat time and slicks I'm sure I can get close to my goals. Like I said I'm not trying to set or break any records.