Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Any Weight Trainers/Body Builders on Here? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2028)

JDMLOL 02-16-2014 06:05 PM

Alex, I thought the same when I looked at the almond milk so I got soy milk. Less calories than traditional milk per 8oz serving with 6g protein. So once you pour about 11oz of soy milk you're looking at identical calories and protein as skim milk without the garbage. Didn't look at the sodium content vs dairy milk though.

Dominic Toretto 02-16-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64721)
Are you this hard headed about everything? lol

Milk is horrible for you. What is more important is what that label isn't telling that is in that milk. Puss, hormones, antibiotics, fecal matter etc. If you want to put that stuff into your body, fine that is business. But you will never convince me that store bought cows milk is good for you, because it's not. You're buying into a marketing campaign that has been drilled into you since you were a kid. That's it.

I'm not trying to convince you to switch Steve:).

How do you know all that stuff is in every container of milk if any? I've you're trying to make a sale, you'll need more than the above arbitrary statements.

Show some measurable statistics. What hormones am I consuming in milk that my body doesn't already produce? Define puss per this conversation because I looked it up and it literally means cat. What antibiotics are in the milk that are bad for human consumption? Where is the fecal matter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 64726)
Alex, I thought the same when I looked at the almond milk so I got soy milk. Less calories than traditional milk per 8oz serving with 6g protein. So once you pour about 11oz of soy milk you're looking at identical calories and protein as skim milk without the garbage. Didn't look at the sodium content vs dairy milk though.

I don't know much about soy but, I've heard that it was bad for males. I don't consume it and didn't intend on it, so I haven't bothered looking into the subject.

-Alex

Grandpa 02-16-2014 08:22 PM

Good grief. You're going on ignore. Lol

Grandpa 02-18-2014 01:20 PM

Yeah buddy!! New personal bests last night working chest/tri's! This shit is getting addicting. :)

blownaltered 02-18-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64896)
Yeah buddy!! New personal bests last night working chest/tri's! This shit is getting addicting. :)

OK what was your best.

Dominic Toretto 02-18-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64896)

Heavier weight, more reps? Good job either way.

-Alex

Grandpa 02-18-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 64897)
OK what was your best.

The specifics don't matter to anyone but me. The point of the comment is I'm making GAIIINNNNNNNZZZZZZZZZ. :favorites13:

Dominic Toretto 02-18-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64899)
The specifics don't matter to anyone but me. The point of the comment is I'm making GAIIINNNNNNNZZZZZZZZZ. :favorites13:

That's fair.

I've been able to maintain strength while cutting down. I feel lighter. Less bloated. I eat lunch at my desk now and use actual lunch break to walk outside around the building. Won't do much but, every little bit helps.

-Alex

BERT 02-18-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64899)

No, it matters :D

Just think about how much more you could lift if you drank REAL milk!! :ROFLJest:

Grandpa 02-18-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 64904)

Just think about how much more you could lift if you drank REAL milk!! :ROFLJest:

:signs16:

zsommer79 02-18-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64905)
:signs16:

I don't think I have had any milk since you said it has puss in it. Got a visual in my head and can't get past it.

blownaltered 02-18-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 64904)

or actually took in some real protein.

Grandpa 02-18-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 64928)
or actually took in some real protein.

LOL @ "real" protein. You can keep your artery clogging "real" proteins and I will stick to natural whole food proteins. I hit my macros everyday including my proteins. We'll see who's laughing in the end and who is making excuses. :favorites13:

BERT 02-18-2014 07:03 PM

I haven't worked out in 2 damn weeks. On the bright side my shoulder isn't hurting me anymore lol

Grandpa 02-18-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 64939)
I haven't worked out in 2 damn weeks. On the bright side my shoulder isn't hurting me anymore lol

Awww, the widdle widdle carnivore has an owie. Guess all that "real" protein didn't build all that supporting muscle for you after all. :roflsquared:

You could have worked legs or done some kind of cardio, slacker! :)