Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW 5.0s Callout Lists (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2435)

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 03:52 PM

Do we want one list or two?

Who else wants to manage the spreadsheets so they can hear all the whining from you non-racers who want to be on a list but don't want to race?

I still give kudos to Dale for putting something together...no one else put anything together but everyone wants to critique it. Everyone has something to complain about but no one brings any ideas or solutions.

Talked to someone this morning that had a good idea...ONE WEEK for a callout and that is it...that will keep things moving. If it is not enough time for you then guess what...you'll lose your spot (you won't be off the list unless you are #10) and you can simply race the following week to get your spot back.

I have a feeling certain people will not be happy even if we reorder the list based on some event since their car wasn't ready, the sun didn't shine right, or they were busy that day...

Submit your SOLUTIONS to Brent or Dale and we'll get it moving again.

:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

KungFuHamster 09-04-2013 03:52 PM

a suggestion: perhaps dividing the lists by area would make it easier?

In other words, I don't really want to drive to Dallas to race someone, or even meet halfway, when there are plenty of people in the FW area that I would assume would be willing to run.

That way we can get something organized relatively quick, get it done and that's it.

Honestly, the other day at Ennis would have been the opportune time to make the list/update the list since we had a no shit win light. but it is what it is.

Like i said just a suggestion, perhaps more trouble than its worth.

OG Fox 09-04-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster (Post 48458)
a suggestion: perhaps dividing the lists by area would make it easier?

In other words, I don't really want to drive to Dallas to race someone, or even meet halfway, when there are plenty of people in the FW area that I would assume would be willing to run.

That way we can get something organized relatively quick, get it done and that's it.

Honestly, the other day at Ennis would have been the opportune time to make the list/update the list since we had a no shit win light. but it is what it is.

Like i said just a suggestion, perhaps more trouble than its worth.

not gonna divide by area. list is already divided by NA and Power adders. maybe we will switch to one single list and have stricter rules. 1 week call outs. only race on the track. if you dont like it boo hoo.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 03:57 PM

Sorry Jeff, I like my license and I like my insurance costs right where they are. If you want to break the law and lose your license have fun. We'll see how that works out for you when you have to drive to the next jobsite when you don't have your license or can't get insurance. I've been there and done that and will not do it again.

I race where real racers race...the track.

BLK2012GT 09-04-2013 03:59 PM

Lol it's cool. When I get old I'll probably grow a vagina too.

OG Fox 09-04-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 48462)
Lol it's cool. When I get old I'll probably grow a vagina too.

scared to race at the track? :troll3:

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:03 PM

when I get old like you Jeff, I'm gonna build a racecar but set it up to go into limp mode everytime I'm at the track and blame it on my tires

:pepper:

BLK2012GT 09-04-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48466)
when I get old like you Jeff, I'm gonna build a racecar but set it up to go into limp mode everytime I'm at the track and blame it on my tires

:pepper:

Cool do it. And then you can just race at the track cause you know if you race on the street everyone will beat you.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:10 PM

I will be copying this post into the FB group as well for those not on the forum

Power Adder List:
Corey Church's callout of Josh Bishop has expired - CC moves up

NA List:
Nicolas Lorenzo's callout of Kent McKnight has expired - Nick moves up
Johnathan Kelley's callout of Nick Villarose has expired - JK moves up

Grant Jones' callout of Greg Bartos is still pending
Michael Painter's callout of Ant Speed is still pending

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:11 PM

Jeff, if I were to roll on the street with my track tires my grip would still be awesome so not sure what your point is

BLK2012GT 09-04-2013 04:12 PM

Lol that will piss kent off. Not everyone goes to the track so unless you make this a track only list then this is pointless.

OG Fox 09-04-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 48473)
Lol that will piss kent off. Not everyone goes to the track so unless you make this a track only list then this is pointless.

lets make it a track only list. gotta pay to play.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:18 PM

Jeff there is no waiting list for the Power Adder list. If you are SOOOO much faster than everyone on that list why don't you race #10 and move up?

Especially since you are the best driver in the club! :driver:

ochoblanco 09-04-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 48474)
lets make it a track only list. gotta pay to play.

For the sake of the law...I would do this. No more "racing in Mexico" statements...

Plus EMS on site with track precautions taken, no pedestrians, and no random drivers popping up is definitely a PLUS

BLK2012GT 09-04-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48472)
Jeff, if I were to roll on the street with my track tires my grip would still be awesome so not sure what your point is

Who do you know who street races do dig races most everyone does roll races.

Slowstang1_jgw 09-04-2013 04:19 PM

Sorry Jeff, I like my license and I like my insurance costs right where they are. If you want to break the law and lose your license have fun. We'll see how that works out for you when you have to drive to the next jobsite when you don't have your license or can't get insurance. I've been there and done that and will not do it again.

TRUE STATEMENT.... I concur, I like my job.

Grandpa 09-04-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48460)

I agreed with all of your post until the very last part. lol

I understand why some don't street race and I'm in full agreement for the reasons why. But to say its where the real racers race and to discount anything else because you don't do it is abit closedminded in my opinion. There is a LOT of cars that are 100% street duty only that will drag your car like it was running one cylinder. lol.

I used to be a hardcore racer of all kinds. We'd go to the track, then when the track closed we headed right to the street races to race until the sun came up.

I don't race as much as I use to for several reasons -

-I'm a parent now and don't have the luxury of being careless racing anywhere and everywhere just cuz the opportunity presents itself.

-I'm over breaking shit and just throwing away money. Ugh, if I only had all that money I wasted! lol

-Time.

I do however enjoy the occasional pull against a friend, or a highway on ramp still. I don't typically just run anyone anymore. Cars are too powerful these days and there is many inexpierenced young drivers out there now that thing these cars are some sort of badass racecar and can't control them. So I don't take that chance like I used to.

I'm a big believer in there is a time and place for it. A clear line of sight, no hills, no traffic and being familiar with the road I'm on.

Midnight11 09-04-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 48447)
What a sec I'll get it going again. All I have to say I was right from the get go that this was a fake list and pointless. Yup that should get it going.

Fake list for a fake club. Fits right

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:24 PM

Point taken Steve :)

Jeff and why would my car suck from a roll? I have a torque converter that is locked up the moment I get into second gear and it stays that way so my car is no different anyone elses. I just choose to not break the law

:hmmm2:

Grandpa 09-04-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 48480)
Fake list for a fake club. Fits right

Well, to his defense you never showed him the secret handshake. So he's not in the fake club and a little bitter about it. :signs6:

OG Fox 09-04-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 48477)
Who do you know who street races do dig races most everyone does roll races.

from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:30 PM

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Dammit just cut the bitching out. I lost my spot and I'm not turning into a vag about it.

Kent will probably care less.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:32 PM

I'm not even sure why Dale and I care about what people NOT on the list think...since they are not on the list :)

:signs1:

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:35 PM

I'm just tired of the whining.

It's fake list, and apparently the people that could care less about the fake list get up in arms at the fact they've already beat people on said list but won't do it again...

Neverending cycle.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:37 PM

It's only whining from a few people :smiley-face-popcorn

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48492)
It's only whining from a few people :smiley-face-popcorn

As always...

Grandpa 09-04-2013 04:42 PM

I was only whining about no activity. :D

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 48494)
I was only whining about no activity. :D

Not you.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 48497)
Not you.

What he said ^^

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:49 PM

DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48500)
DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!

Yeah, sorry. Just keep forgetting to do so when I'm online and not on my phone.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:53 PM

No problemo!

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48504)
No problemo!

Changed. :bowdown:

STROKD 09-04-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 48485)
from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.

Not all of us... Junkie, Steve, 46TBird, myself etc race on street and do just fine down the track. But I see where you were going with the comment.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 05:12 PM

Even the guys up in Oklahoma race from a dig even though they are on the street. So does BoostedGT in Fort Worth and these guys are sub 5 sec cars in the 1/8th

blownaltered 09-04-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

your car makes 25hp so it doesn't stand a chance anyways :popcorn:

KungFuHamster 09-04-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

For the most part this is true. Roll racing does not involve a lot of driver skill.

However, I will say that because I leave a lot of ET on the track doesn't necessarily mean I'm a shitty driver. I, like others, can't afford to break my tranny (or anything else), so I granny shift it. I'm on stock tires.

But I'm also more comfortable on the street and racing on the street is a completely different animal. Also, I race at the track like I do on the street (i.e. I leave the baby seat in, I don't mess with tire pressure...I make NO changes to the car).
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I don't race my car much, this is true...but apparently I know it well enough to run within .005 second in a stick car.

This whole list thing has gotten foolish. I was going to throw my name in the hat and try to have some fun with it, but it would seem like its too much of a hassle. :emotions133:

blownaltered 09-04-2013 05:26 PM

My car won't be going down the drag strip because its a convertible. Anything faster than a 13.49 and I have to have a cage. I'm not putting a cage in my car, its to damn nice of a car to put a stupid cage in. So the only pulls I get are in Mexico but then again I really don't do that often unless its me and Steve screwing around.

Midnight11 09-04-2013 05:38 PM

Someone come get some Friday night :D

wbt 09-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster (Post 48511)
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I was following you until the quoted statement.

So let's say for example I have drag radials on my car at all times. (Which I do. Both sets of tires I use [DD and track] are DOT legal.) I am out running an errand and you pull up next to me at a light and I entertain your offer to race.

Do you honestly think you car is going to get better traction on an all season radial vs. the drag radial I am on? Maybe in the rain.

Do you think you are going to get better traction on the street from a dig vs. at the track?

Do you think because on the street your car is going to gain some magical advantage?

I could care less about street racing but your post contains some highly illogical reasoning. Is Jeff posting under your account?