Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For our keyboard racers, now you can go Pro! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3917)

fordplay 03-31-2014 07:44 AM

That sticker is awesome. .. and is a necessary edition to any laptop!!!

downtime! 03-31-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68385)
I probably would get drug by it to be honest. Just having fun stirrin up conversations and friendly rivarlies. =)

She slung a driveshaft last night (broke a u-joint retainer), so maybe not. It held on just long enough to get me home, then dropped off in the garage.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 68394)
She slung a driveshaft last night (broke a u-joint retainer), so maybe not. It held on just long enough to get me home, then dropped off in the garage.

Well, at least you were able to make it home instead of a costly tow bill. Been there plenty of times, not fun at all. But now you can upgrade!

I destroyed my driveshaft at the track once in my old coupe.It scared the shit out of me! I quickly learned how important a safety loop was. Snapped in half after the 5500rpm launch on the bottle. The car was still running so the shaft was banging the underside of the car and the ground making the loud as hell noise.

STROKD 03-31-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68395)
Well, at least you were able to make it home instead of a costly tow bill. Been there plenty of times, not fun at all. But now you can upgrade!

I destroyed my driveshaft at the track once in my old coupe.It scared the shit out of me! I quickly learned how important a safety loop was. Snapped in half after the 5500rpm launch on the bottle. The car was still running so the shaft was banging the underside of the car and the ground making the loud as hell noise.

Could have pole vaulted ur car upside down too... I never had a loop in my car till now. I was brave and stupid at same time lol

BERT 03-31-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68395)

Same here, except mine broke when I hit third gear. That was fun

downtime! 03-31-2014 01:12 PM

Only time I had one let go was way back in '79, in high school in my Camaro. Dropped it on a huge launch and it literally grenaded. Had bits of u-joints flying up through the floor. Never driven without a loop since that day.

Crimson600+HP 03-31-2014 01:59 PM

Glad I got rid of that two piece designed stock piece then for a DSS one with safety loop. Didn't know the breaking was that prevalent (in general, not just mustang)

BERT 03-31-2014 02:06 PM

As far as that picture goes, it needs to have the guy holding a smart phone with his helmet on. You know, to keep up with the times and all.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP (Post 68415)
Glad I got rid of that two piece designed stock piece then for a DSS one with safety loop. Didn't know the breaking was that prevalent (in general, not just mustang)

Certainly. Especially on a sticky track and sticky tires. The car is going from complete rest to all that stress shocking the driveline, suspension and chassis.

In my personal experiences, it's usually the driveshaft, breaking an axle or the clutch exploding. Another good investment is a scattershield to keep the clutch coming through the floor taking off your feet.

blownaltered 03-31-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68418)
Certainly. Especially on a sticky track and sticky tires. The car is going from complete rest to all that stress shocking the driveline, suspension and chassis.

In my personal experiences, it's usually the driveshaft, breaking an axle or the clutch exploding. Another good investment is a scattershield to keep the clutch coming through the floor taking off your feet.

Who needs feet, they are over rated. Just think about how good the parking spot will be. :troll3:

Grandpa 03-31-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68420)
Who needs feet, they are over rated. Just think about how good the parking spot will be. :troll3:

Don't be mad cuz I got the premium parking spot and your gimpy ass had to hobble in the store from further out. It's not like your gimpy self just didn't plop your ass down into an electric shopping cart in the store anyways. lol