Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DUI's (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=815)

blownaltered 12-19-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 12950)
I spent 2 nights in jail for "street racing".
It is also a 1 year suspension of your license.

And yet you still do it

blownaltered 12-19-2012 04:17 PM

Life in prison sucks for murder but people do that every day

Grandpa 12-19-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 12957)
Life in prison sucks for murder but people do that every day

Of course, it's human nature to be destructive. But you're taking the conversation off course for the sake of arguing. lol.

There is far less murders than there is DWI arrests and accidents. Perhaps if the penalties were stiffer there would be less drinking and driving. So you kind of helped me make point there. lol.

Phuck Phace 12-19-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 12956)
And yet you still do it

Charges were dropped.
I have never broken any laws.

Courtesy Flush 12-19-2012 04:34 PM

If its illegal, people will do it. No matter the consequences. That's the nature of people.
IMO the laws and punishments are set to accommodate a wide variety of people. Those who abuse drinking and driving obviously will face harsher punishment depending on prior offenses, but what about those that learn from it and change their lifestyle?
EDIT
To be be clear, im speaking on the DWI charges alone and leaving the manslaughter charge alone as i think that's a separate charge altogether anyhow.

blownaltered 12-19-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 12963)
If its illegal, people will do it. No matter the consequences. That's the nature of people.
IMO the laws and punishments are set to accommodate a wide variety of people. Those who abuse drinking and driving obviously will face harsher punishment depending on prior offenses, but what about those that learn from it and change their lifestyle?
EDIT
To be be clear, im speaking on the DWI charges alone and leaving the manslaughter charge alone as i think that's a separate charge altogether anyhow.

That's my point smash someone's life for a first offense. Second yeah that's different you should have learned your lesson. But Steve and his 30 days in jail for the first offense is ridiculous. People would lose their jobs and maybe homes. That's why they will never make the law like that.

Grandpa 12-19-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 12964)
That's my point smash someone's life for a first offense. Second yeah that's different you should have learned your lesson. But Steve and his 30 days in jail for the first offense is ridiculous. People would lose their jobs and maybe homes. That's why they will never make the law like that.

Sometimes in order to get people's attention, you have to do more than tap them on the shoulder. Some people need a sledgehammer over the head. It's your opinion that 30 days is ridicuous. In my opinion it would work because it's so severe it would make a lot of people think twice about doing it. The "ridiculous" is what would make it work.

blownaltered 12-19-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 12968)
Sometimes in order to get people's attention, you have to do more than tap them on the shoulder. Some people need a sledgehammer over the head. It's your opinion that 30 days is ridicuous. In my opinion it would work because it's so severe it would make a lot of people think twice about doing it. The "ridiculous" is what would make it work.

So you want to punish drunk drivers worse than most violent crimes. Can we do texting and driving the same way. If we are going to throw the book at one you have to do it to everybody. I don't think people should lose everything for a first offense, that's where I think you crazy

Courtesy Flush 12-19-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 12964)

Having never had a DWI or DUI i don't have a dog in this fight, but i see both points.

blownaltered 12-19-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 12972)
Having never had a DWI or DUI i don't have a dog in this fight, but i see both points.

I never have either

Courtesy Flush 12-19-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 12962)
Charges were dropped.
I have never broken any laws.

http://i.imgur.com/jEs7X.gif

zemog255 12-19-2012 06:10 PM

I think the biggest problem is how many people don't realize they are over the limit. I have no clue when my BAC is around .08 or what it even feels like. The law allows people to use their judgment on what they think is ok and thats the problem in my opinion. Imagine cars without speedometers lol

Phuck Phace 12-19-2012 06:14 PM

Next DFW/5.0/Terminators/and a couple of 3vs and V6s.com meet we should all get drunk and race.

GO KARTS!

blownaltered 12-19-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zemog255 (Post 12979)
I think the biggest problem is how many people don't realize they are over the limit. I have no clue when my BAC is around .08 or what it even feels like. The law allows people to use their judgment on what they think is ok and thats the problem in my opinion. Imagine cars without speedometers lol

It's a guessing game, you want to help put a breathalyzer at the bar. You hit the limit and the bar calls you taxi. That would be better than any hammering the shit out of somebody who didn't realize they had one to many.

blownaltered 12-19-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 12980)
Next DFW/5.0/Terminators/and a couple of 3vs and V6s.com meet we should all get drunk and race.

GO KARTS!

Sounds fun but how would we get home?