Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   C7 Z06....convertible. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3998)

Grandpa 04-15-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 69515)
No f*ck GM posts yet? I'm impressed.

-Alex

Fuck GM!!

re-rx7 04-15-2014 01:43 PM

Would look better if hardtop vert. I understand for weight savings the soft top.

garner 04-15-2014 07:32 PM

Think I found my next car lol

fordplay 04-16-2014 07:46 AM

Ok.. I'm correct then.. so what the fack?? It's an auto too right?? Don't call it a z06 then.. "we built the ultimate track corvette, then built this one for fake ass bitches to spend money on." Didn't GM just come out a year or two ago and say they were going to stop abusing the "SS" name because it's gotten cheap being used on everything? But yet now the Z06 name is cool to water down... call it the 427 or something. Don't fack the z06 name please

Dominic Toretto 04-16-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 69595)
Ok.. I'm correct then.. so what the fack?? It's an auto too right?? Don't call it a z06 then.. "we built the ultimate track corvette, then built this one for fake ass bitches to spend money on." Didn't GM just come out a year or two ago and say they were going to stop abusing the "SS" name because it's gotten cheap being used on everything? But yet now the Z06 name is cool to water down... call it the 427 or something. Don't fack the z06 name please

The watered down auto in this car is supposed to perform better than Porsches PDK system. That's GM's claim, if it performs even comparable, then it will absolutely be a better track car than the manual version. Manual transmissions are not the choice anymore if you want consistently fast runs anymore, whether it is for drag or around a circuit. It's not the 60s anymore. Oh, and this car is not a 427, it's a 6.2. This car is supposed to be faster than the ZR1, so um yeah...

-Alex

garner 04-16-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Lol what's wrong with them calling it a z06? Big whoop they added a convertible model and auto transmission. I don't see you complaining about chevy having a camaro zl1 model with automatic and convertible when it was originally a manual coupe *rolls eyes*

Oh wait c6 z06 shouldn't have been called z06 cause it was a hatch and not a frc like the original

Models change, trim level options change. It's not a big deal lol

Dark Pony 04-16-2014 08:34 AM

I love it. Funny...vert AND an auto ha! I'll second what Josh said though...coupe, but I'd probably get the auto (surpringly) lol

Grandpa 04-16-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Kinda wound up over a stupid badge/label aren't ya? Who gives a shit. A cool car, is a cool car. :happy175:

rlhay2 04-16-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

"What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
--Juliet

STROKD 04-16-2014 11:04 AM

I think its fucken cool, they did the 427 vert last year, only diff is the name cause a 376 vert would sound lame as fuck, and the addition of the bad ass auto. If I could afford one Id buy that exact car, blue auto etc. Its like a 25 year advancement on my ole heap of a mustang, almost same color, auto, vert etc.

BERT 04-16-2014 12:05 PM

Love the color. Personally, wouldn't get the rag top. Hell, I don't really like the targa tops lol

Grandpa 04-16-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 69616)
Love the color. Personally, wouldn't get the rag top. Hell, I don't really like the targa tops lol

After Saturday's sunburn I can see why. :signs8:

BERT 04-16-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69618)
After Saturday's sunburn I can see why. :signs8:

You didn't see shit. You should've seen it sunday and Monday, holy shit. Now it's in flake mode, look like a god damn snake

Grandpa 04-16-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 69620)
You didn't see shit. You should've seen it sunday and Monday, holy shit. Now it's in flake mode, look like a god damn snake

:happy175: :happy175::happy175:

Crimson600+HP 04-16-2014 02:42 PM

Haters going to hate. I wonder if there will be any sacrifices in performance between the convertible and hardtop. If not, that is def. an impressive car. But I will still buy the coupe.