Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   how are y'all killing time during this freeze? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3273)

03MachMe 12-07-2013 09:22 PM

I wish I was stuck in my house. I have been working past 4 days, all night long. ITS COLD!! Roads are actually not bad at all around here almost all of them have been cleared in tire tracks. actually went to BWW a couple hours ago lol

Grandpa 12-07-2013 09:27 PM

I would keep my butt in that squad car and wouldnt get out inless i had to. Tickets be damned!!

brtnstrns 12-07-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58540)
I wish I was stuck in my house. I have been working past 4 days, all night long. ITS COLD!! Roads are actually not bad at all around here almost all of them have been cleared in tire tracks. actually went to BWW a couple hours ago lol

Dang yeah that kinda sucks.

Its amazing what a difference 15-20 miles makes. According to my sister in Richardson it's not nearly as ridiculous as up here in Lewisville.

03MachMe 12-07-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 58542)
I would keep my butt in that squad car and wouldnt get out inless i had to. Tickets be damned!!

Thats been the plan. Only a couple guys are making traffic stops and only way I am is if you do something REALLY stupid right in front of me.

Ruger 12-07-2013 09:44 PM

I have left the pony in the corral. I took my wife's Nissan Rogue to work yesterday and drove it today. I am impressed with the Rogue. It is a gutless wonder in normal conditions but a beast in the snow. Front wheel drive rocks only in this weather

Grandpa 12-07-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58544)
Thats been the plan. Only a couple guys are making traffic stops and only way I am is if you do something REALLY stupid right in front of me.

I dont blame you a bit. Find one of those places that will hook you up with a free hot drink and stay warm. I can only imagine the stupid shit you have seen the last couple of days. stay safe out there bro

Dominic Toretto 12-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpayne (Post 58537)
This made me laugh!

I have drank two gallons of wine in the last two days. Lol.

Yeah it's funny. I remember some dating show that used to come on back when I was in college and they had Aria Giovanni and Jodie Moore. I've been amazed at everything you can find on youtube, so I figured I would search for that episode. No luck but, I did find out that Alexis Texas doesn't do Black guys, Rachel Starr is from Dallas and drives a Vanquish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtnstrns (Post 58538)
Wait, are pizza places delivering? I keep seeing commercials for Pizza Hut and was thinking of ordering a pizza and getting the driver to pick up some beer for me for a little extra cash haha

Dominos delivered to me. Before placing my order I did ask because it's pretty bad around here. Haven't been able to leave my apartment complex.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 12-07-2013 11:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceEuYQc5yMo

It's a cray cray world out there.

-Alex

donutninja 12-08-2013 11:42 AM

Driving home from downtown to Coppell Firday night was scary as he'll!! So I've been studying for finals and watching Netflix all weekend. Luckily the Tom Thimb is on a 1/2 mile away so k can get there. The roads here are finally pretty decent to drive on. (Belt line / MacArthur)

Dan12GT 12-08-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58540)

You should see my area, its awful. I went to get some beer for the Ohio State game last night. Drove to a corner store 2 miles away in the wife's Altima and it took me an hour round trip. Highway 170 is a parking lot of jack knifed 18 wheelers.

As for me I picked up Gran Turismo 5 again, but am kinda bored of that again now, some studying for CCNP, and random TV watching. I defiantly am itching to go drive my car again!

brtnstrns 12-08-2013 02:38 PM

I finally got a chance to get out of the house. Spent about 45 minutes to an hour running the honda civic with full defrost and scraped 3-4 inch deep ice off every surface. Around 11:30 the hard ice started to turn slushier so I decided to drive to the Kroger to refill on supplies. We were running low on food ideas in the house. Also re-stocked on beer since I doubt I'll be traveling up to Gainesville tomorrow to work.

re-rx7 12-08-2013 02:46 PM

LOl I live in gainesville.

brtnstrns 12-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 58597)
LOl I live in gainesville.

Yeah, my coworker was saying it's still a pretty big mess up there, which I would assume since its worse there than it is here. Doubt I'll be willing to risk the trek from here, over all the bridges/overpasses, up to that if all this ice isn't gone.

re-rx7 12-08-2013 03:10 PM

Its still pretty thick up here. Ive been killin time playing mw3 on xbox. Stang is at the Ford house.

Dominic Toretto 12-08-2013 03:28 PM

I can see the ice beginning to melt. Really hoping it will clear up so I can go to work tomorrow and get my grocery shopping done today. I really do not want to order Domino's again.

-Alex