Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Next TeX275 race (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4066)

Slow Five-O 05-07-2014 03:27 PM

Correct. No transbrakes, throttle stops, 2 steps.

Bigminz 05-08-2014 08:18 AM

We were just hoping to get some fans out to watch that loved racing. Some of you may say, "we can do this" and build a car.

Grandpa 05-08-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigminz (Post 71112)
We were just hoping to get some fans out to watch that loved racing. Some of you may say, "we can do this" and build a car.

We are just razzing ya, don't take it personally. I love 275 racing. I think it's some of the most exciting racing out there. Those guys going that fast on a small tire is nuts! BUT... I'm not dropping $100k to build a car that sits 99% of the time and costs $500 bucks a weekend to go racing. lol

Bigminz 05-08-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71115)
We are just razzing ya, don't take it personally. I love 275 racing. I think it's some of the most exciting racing out there. Those guys going that fast on a small tire is nuts! BUT... I'm not dropping $100k to build a car that sits 99% of the time and costs $500 bucks a weekend to go racing. lol

give me a $100000 budget please. LOL

Most of us have nowhere near that number. I'm willing to bet some of the guys that run with us have less in their cars than some of the street cars on this site.

Grandpa 05-08-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigminz (Post 71125)
give me a $100000 budget please. LOL

Most of us have nowhere near that number. I'm willing to bet some of the guys that run with us have less in their cars than some of the street cars on this site.

I suppose I was thinking more of the KOTH cars when I typed that, but still, it's a lot of money for a car that doesn't move very often. :bleh:

TrueStreetTim 05-08-2014 12:23 PM

We'll be there!

STROKD 05-08-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O (Post 71089)
Correct. No transbrakes, throttle stops, 2 steps.

Racing sounds fantastic, but after reading a lot aboit cars like mine with similar motors, i think my car will be wayyyyy too fast for the class. And a stick car where i have to hit the brakes at 600 feet is going to be impossible to judge and be consistent. Id be better off in the c6 with a converter and headers. Itd run 7.0s like clockwork. Lol

Im way ahead of myself as the car isnt running, but just thinking outloud about it. Class racing is fun as hell, just hope i can partake soon.

Grandpa 05-08-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 71133)
Racing sounds fantastic, but after reading a lot aboit cars like mine with similar motors, i think my car will be wayyyyy too fast for the class. And a stick car where i have to hit the brakes at 600 feet is going to be impossible to judge and be consistent. Id be better off in the c6 with a converter and headers. Itd run 7.0s like clockwork. Lol

Im way ahead of myself as the car isnt running, but just thinking outloud about it. Class racing is fun as hell, just hope i can partake soon.

Shoulda...coulda..woulda..

STROKD 05-08-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71136)
Shoulda...coulda..woulda..

Yep, dont be a negative nancy.

Grandpa 05-08-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 71147)
Yep, dont be a negative nancy.

LMAO! Of all people! hahahahah.

I don't think it's being negative after SIX YEARS. :bleh:

Slow Five-O 05-08-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 71133)

Get it together, then see where you're at. You can always lower shift points if you're not too far off.

STROKD 05-08-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O (Post 71163)
Get it together, then see where you're at. You can always lower shift points if you're not too far off.

What about pulling timing? I know doing so with boost kills mad power, if its na would it do the same, or would i have to take out like 10 degrees to slow it down a qtr second or so? I assume you do something to dial your car in so close to 7.000?

STROKD 05-08-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71148)
LMAO! Of all people! hahahahah.

I don't think it's being negative after SIX YEARS. :bleh:

Im trying to be upbeat and leave my current lying prick of a boss. I had a bad ass interview yesterday,like the best one Ive ever had. Also have a tax test monday morn to work for a tax software company like a mile from my house. If I get that shit ill just walk to work lmao

Grandpa 05-08-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 71174)
Im trying to be upbeat and leave my current lying prick of a boss. I had a bad ass interview yesterday,like the best one Ive ever had. Also have a tax test monday morn to work for a tax software company like a mile from my house. If I get that shit ill just walk to work lmao

About damn time. :peace:

STROKD 05-08-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71176)
About damn time. :peace:

Wtf, ive been working on leaving damn near all year. Just finally getting somewhere.