Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Calling out any Mustang 650rw or less. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4011)

Dark Pony 04-16-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 69573)
Yep, that's a pretty specific request right there. I know Doug H is over on the Dallas side of town, he's got another slow Kenne Bell car. Maybe he'll see this. And yes, I think Dark Pony should come too. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like watching Mustang tail lights disappear from view.

Just another Vette guy looking to be disappointed huh? Lol

Zeek 04-16-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 69591)
Just another Vette guy looking to be disappointed huh? Lol

I can't wait to get disappointed. Come on out to the meet and let's see how it goes.

Grandpa 04-16-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 69573)
Yep, that's a pretty specific request right there. I know Doug H is over on the Dallas side of town, he's got another slow Kenne Bell car. Maybe he'll see this. And yes, I think Dark Pony should come too. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails like watching Mustang tail lights disappear from view.

Last I heard Doug was installing an Aluminator motor in his car. His car, with a built motor and KB turned up should make well over 650. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 69590)
I'm installing my clutch tonight. My stock one took a shit. My plans were to try to get it broken in before Friday and head to Ennis. Oh wait, you can't drag race...lol ;-)

Backpeddle...backpeddle...

After my first round of mods coming up, I'll be glad to go to the track and run ya from a dig. :burnout:

Junkie 04-16-2014 09:52 AM

Zeek I don't know if I'm coming out this week, but if I do we can run.

Zeek 04-16-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69608)
Zeek I don't know if I'm coming out this week, but if I do we can run.

Sounds good Will

DirtyD 04-16-2014 03:47 PM

Doug's car made a little more than 650 at the wheel.

downtime! 04-16-2014 07:08 PM

Just a little....

STROKD 04-16-2014 07:12 PM

Lol... so sad.

Zeek 04-16-2014 11:50 PM

So I post calling out mustangs on a mustang fourm and only 1 Corvette says he'll race. Fail!

STROKD 04-17-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 69671)
So I post calling out mustangs on a mustang fourm and only 1 Corvette says he'll race. Fail!

lol that is almost word for word (minus the swear words), text I received from Vic... I agree. No one races here unless it's at the track. :ROFLJest:

Grandpa 04-17-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 69674)
lol that is almost word for word (minus the swear words), text I received from Vic... I agree. No one races here unless it's at the track. :ROFLJest:

Or race without seeing a dyno sheet to bench race it to death first... lol

BERT 04-17-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

No, you came on here knowing damn well no one would race you and that you are faster than most on here. Wish I was as brave as you lol

DirtyD 04-17-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 69680)
No, you came on here knowing damn well no one would race you and that you are faster than most on here. Wish I was as brave as you lol

^this

kdanner 04-17-2014 01:14 AM

Quote:

Sorry, where were you last year? You can have a shot at it when I'm ready again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 69674)
No one races here unless it's at the track.

Yes, the track, where it's actually measurable. How convenient that some are afraid to actually have a timeslip show their performance, or lack thereof. :yaoface2:

Grandpa 04-17-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 69683)
Yes, the track, where it's actually measurable. How convenient that some are afraid to actually have a timeslip show their performance, or lack thereof. :yaoface2:

Nonsense. It's about not driving an hour, paying to get it, sitting in line forever just to go race one guy for a few seconds.

Plus there is that whole thing with a stock Vette rearend on a sticky surface that known to BOOM under stock power let alone bolt on power.

All this talk about being "afraid" to race, track vs street etc, is candy ass bullshit. Either agree to race the race he is asking for or don't say anything at all.