Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Flip key for our Stangs (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1228)

Doug1227 03-06-2013 12:00 AM

LOL! I figured it'd fuck it up trying to peel it off. Lookin' all ghetto! haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 21481)
You know you can peel it off and turn it, right? :lol:

DirtyD 03-06-2013 12:04 AM

Flip key for our Stangs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 21483)
LOL! I figured it'd fuck it up trying to peel it off. Lookin' all ghetto! haha!

Nope, just take an x-acto knife or pocket knife and pick at on of the edges. It's a concaved sticker, so it is hard to bend.

RedRaider5.0 03-07-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 21480)
I wouldn't care except that he put the damn Ford sticker on mine crooked! LOL! Let me know if you want to mail me one!

I got the 5.0 stickers, PM me your address if you want me to mail you one.

MidWest281 03-07-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 21273)
I don't think you can do that. The track keys are specifically program by Ford.

I work for Ford Motor Company....If the key programs to the car, I am sure you could program it as a trak key....not really sure why it would not work.

DirtyD 03-07-2013 11:40 PM

Flip key for our Stangs

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidWest281 (Post 21584)
I work for Ford Motor Company....If the key programs to the car, I am sure you could program it as a trak key....not really sure why it would not work.

Does the trak key not have a specific coding to it?

Being that you have to order a track key directly from ford, I would think there is something different there in relation to a normal key.

MidWest281 03-08-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 21597)
Does the trak key not have a specific coding to it?

Being that you have to order a track key directly from ford, I would think there is something different there in relation to a normal key.

I haven't had a chance to program mine yet. But the Trak Key technology is the same as the Ford MyKey technology. I haven't done a whole bunch of research on the key technology and which module makes the decision that its a different key (Instrument cluster, BCM, PCM?)....obviously some sort of RF chip or something is recognized in the key.

but the directions to program the trak key are simple....and the only unique thing you get when buying M-14204-MBTKA is the voucher ID.

Pretty sure it's Ford's way of recouping the money that was spent on writing the performance PCM software.

Basically, my best educated guess is that the actual program and technolgy has nothing to do with the "red medallion key". The key's ID number is just associated with the trak key PCM program. (if thats what you were wondering).

DirtyD 03-08-2013 09:42 PM

Flip key for our Stangs

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidWest281 (Post 21696)
I haven't had a chance to program mine yet. But the Trak Key technology is the same as the Ford MyKey technology. I haven't done a whole bunch of research on the key technology and which module makes the decision that its a different key (Instrument cluster, BCM, PCM?)....obviously some sort of RF chip or something is recognized in the key.

but the directions to program the trak key are simple....and the only unique thing you get when buying M-14204-MBTKA is the voucher ID.

Pretty sure it's Ford's way of recouping the money that was spent on writing the performance PCM software.

Basically, my best educated guess is that the actual program and technolgy has nothing to do with the "red medallion key". The key's ID number is just associated with the trak key PCM program. (if thats what you were wondering).

That would make sense.

Doug1227 03-13-2013 09:24 PM

Thanks man! Got it and put it on yesterday. Looks better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider5.0 (Post 21565)
I got the 5.0 stickers, PM me your address if you want me to mail you one.

garner 11-28-2013 08:08 PM

Thinking of getting one of these, after using a jetta equivalent.

Any wear and tear issues?

Does the mykey settings work with this?

DirtyD 11-28-2013 08:12 PM

MyKey still works. I don't use mine anymore because the range flat out sucks.

RedRaider5.0 11-28-2013 10:51 PM

Mine still works great.