Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trade in 2012 GT (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1466)

CMORENO302 04-10-2013 10:53 AM

Trade in 2012 GT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 25311)
The white one?

Yessir. Well not the tuned up one. The one with the audio system.

CMORENO302 04-10-2013 10:56 AM

Trade in 2012 GT

Thanks for the advice. It really helps to hear from other's perspectives. Well see how it goes wish me luck! My Motto has always been you only live once. Get it while you can! Cause you will be like, "damn I should have bought it!"

Phuck Phace 04-10-2013 11:04 AM

Trade in 2012 GT

Say it Nicolas...YOLO!

CMORENO302 04-10-2013 11:19 AM

Trade in 2012 GT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 25318)
Say it Nicolas...YOLO!

They gon tell me YOYO!

Rydawg1 04-10-2013 11:35 AM

In an ideal situation I personally would sell your car outright, get as much $ for it as you can. Provided you have alternate means of transportation after the sale. I would then get pre-approved for financing and have a check in hand. Call every stealership in town and ask for the sales manager. Tell them I want your best "out the door price" on this make/model/color/options. Let them know that you're shopping them against every other Ford dealer withing 50 miles. The dealership with the lowest price on what you want earns your business and get's your check by EOB today. Essentially you've taken most of the leverage away from the dealership and have pitted them against each other. Trust me, one of them will make you a great offer!

Now knowing how hard the new car bug can bite and the desire to get it now will ultimately cost you a lot more $$$ and that's what the dealership is counting on and ultimately that's the decision you'll have to weigh. Just my .02 thanks!

STROKD 04-10-2013 11:38 AM

only way Id trade that nice car of yours in for a new one would be if it was a 4.slow... like a 9 or 10. since it isnt , just keep it... unless you find a 13 Boss, then it might be worth the upgrade.

CMORENO302 04-10-2013 11:50 AM

Trade in 2012 GT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydawg1 (Post 25324)
In an ideal situation I personally would sell your car outright, get as much $ for it as you can. Provided you have alternate means of transportation after the sale. I would then get pre-approved for financing and have a check in hand. Call every stealership in town and ask for the sales manager. Tell them I want your best "out the door price" on this make/model/color/options. Let them know that you're shopping them against every other Ford dealer withing 50 miles. The dealership with the lowest price on what you want earns your business and get's your check by EOB today. Essentially you've taken most of the leverage away from the dealership and have pitted them against each other. Trust me, one of them will make you a great offer!

Now knowing how hard the new car bug can bite and the desire to get it now will ultimately cost you a lot more $$$ and that's what the dealership is counting on and ultimately that's the decision you'll have to weigh. Just my .02 thanks!

Thanks bro I now I got that new car fever but I'm happy with my '12. I wouldn't mind getting into a new one with zero miles. Before I get in to housing and will loose my chance forever. Or until I retire! Which will be useless then lol

Midnight11 04-10-2013 11:52 AM

Yea he's a member on here

CMORENO302 04-10-2013 11:55 AM

Trade in 2012 GT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 25329)
Yea he's a member on here

Car sounded badass. What about the other white '13 that had some gold wheels? That was a beast!

Midnight11 04-10-2013 12:39 PM

Yea that's Merlin on here too

46Tbird 04-10-2013 12:58 PM

You're willing to lose a couple years of payments just to get into basically the exact same car? Getting a new car never makes good financial sense. But if there was a compelling reason for the jump, like getting rid of a lemon, or reducting a car payment, or getting into a Boss or Shelby, then I could maybe understand the appeal.

You have to decide if it's worth the ~$10-20k hit you're going to take after you factor in the depreciation of the '12, sales tax on the difference, loan interest, and depreciation of the 2014 over the loan.

Hey, I'm a dummy too, I also bought a new car a couple of years ago! :cheers:

CMORENO302 04-10-2013 07:11 PM

Trade in 2012 GT

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 25340)
You're willing to lose a couple years of payments just to get into basically the exact same car? Getting a new car never makes good financial sense. But if there was a compelling reason for the jump, like getting rid of a lemon, or reducting a car payment, or getting into a Boss or Shelby, then I could maybe understand the appeal.

You have to decide if it's worth the ~$10-20k hit you're going to take after you factor in the depreciation of the '12, sales tax on the difference, loan interest, and depreciation of the 2014 over the loan.

Hey, I'm a dummy too, I also bought a new car a couple of years ago! :cheers:

Yup I'm willing to loose a few years and gain a few grand for completely NEW car. YOLO!!! Plus I ain't got no kids and no major loan except this one. My nigga I'm straight. Well see what happens tomorrow! They got ALOT of rebates for '13's! Since they are making room for '14's.....

CMORENO302 04-11-2013 12:41 PM

Trade in 2012 GT

Well today I will get the news on my decision for Lady Blue. #fingerscrossed #wishmeluck

kn7671 04-12-2013 06:09 AM

How'd it go, you rolling in a new 2013/14 Mustang now?

Luke 04-12-2013 06:29 AM

Good luck, but if it doesn't work out the way you want I'd consider it a blessing. I don't think a few body panels are worth that hit in cost. For what you're about to spend/lose you could be getting a blower. I went from an 03 Cobra to the 13 and although the 13 is a better car, my Cobra would have been a beast by now and still paid off.