Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Porsche vs Ford (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2386)

Dominic Toretto 08-07-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 43366)
Are they city girls or country girls? Ask them if they rather have a truck over a car. Lol

Mix in both. The two car girls are definitely city girls. They said they were raised by their dads around cars so they did say they are more attracted to a guy that drives a snarling big ole muscle car. They also said they like trucks.

-Alex

DirtyD 08-07-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 43367)
Mix in both. The two car girls are definitely city girls. They said they were raised by their dads around cars so they did say they are more attracted to a guy that drives a snarling big ole muscle car. They also said they like trucks.

-Alex

Well sheeeeeeeeeeet. Age and looks? :lol:

Phuck Phace 08-07-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLASMAN (Post 43335)
What qualified the one girl as a slut? Sorry got caught up in the details

You're on the right track,
pics of said slut...

saunupe1911 08-07-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 43369)
You're on the right track,
pics of said slut...

I second that!

But its seems a modified GT, stock Boss or GT500 would hang with a 911 or 911 4s judging from quarter mile, slalom and grip numbers. It has no chance against the other variants. Also the new Cayman will run away in the twisties, but the Stangs would catch up in the straights. The closest way of simulating this is turning on Forza.

Grandpa 08-07-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 43371)
The closest way of simulating this is turning on Forza.

:snoopfacepalm:

re-rx7 08-07-2013 11:50 AM

Stock for stock the Shelby brakes would toast and it all depends on the track.

03MachMe 08-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 43382)
Stock for stock the Shelby brakes would toast and it all depends on the track.

Lol yep those 6 piston brembos sure are some horrible brakes.....

JDBishopArts 08-07-2013 01:27 PM

The 911 seems to be a consistent 2+ seconds faster on most road tracks. If I had the money I'd have a Porsche hands down. As said before, as I'm sure a professional driver can reign in the GT500 it's not a "handling" car. That being said, I don't think the 911 would eat the GT500s lunch. I think it would be closer than most people think.

I honestly thought the difference would be greater but after doing some looking the Porsche is about 2 seconds faster pretty consistently on most tracks. Build quality is hands down better. Suspension is better. Carbon brakes are better. Weight distribution is better. But for half the price 2 seconds isn't much of a equalizer.

re-rx7 08-07-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 43392)
Lol yep those 6 piston brembos sure are some horrible brakes.....

It's the pads smarts ass. Every mag tested shows that the gt500's brakes give out quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 43395)
The 911 seems to be a consistent 2+ seconds faster on most road tracks. If I had the money I'd have a Porsche hands down. As said before, as I'm sure a professional driver can reign in the GT500 it's not a "handling" car. That being said, I don't think the 911 would eat the GT500s lunch. I think it would be closer than most people think.

I honestly thought the difference would be greater but after doing some looking the Porsche is about 2 seconds faster pretty consistently on most tracks. Build quality is hands down better. Suspension is better. Carbon brakes are better. Weight distribution is better. But for half the price 2 seconds isn't much of a equalizer.

Just 2 seconds? That's an eternity on a track. If the track is rough that LRA would be a bitch to handle. I absolutely think the 911 would hand the Shelby it's ass.

STROKD 08-07-2013 02:00 PM

I'd rather be with a girl who appreciates the finer things... Fords are econobox piece of shits compared to anything produced in Stuttgart

saunupe1911 08-07-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43376)
:snoopfacepalm:

Well are you able to grab a GT500 and 911...then run up to ECR and prove our theories? Video games aren't perfect but they have proven to help simulate real world events, especially accurate games like Forza and GranTurismo. Just sayin...it would give us an idea of the outcome

Dominic Toretto 08-07-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 43398)
I'd rather be with a girl who appreciates the finer things... Fords are econobox piece of shits compared to anything produced in Stuttgart

My friend's BMW was a mechanical nightmare. Plastic water pumps, failing left and right, constantly overheating, replaced transmission twice and a crapload of over issues. Car was hardly beat on too. I also use to work in the service department at Park Place Mercedes as a valet. Those cars are 100% garbage in my opinion. Always failing for simple shit, and any maintenaince breaks the wallet.

If I go foreign, it will Japanese.

-Alex

Grandpa 08-07-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 43407)
Well are you able to grab a GT500 and 911...then run up to ECR and prove our theories? Video games aren't perfect but they have proven to help simulate real world events, especially accurate games like Forza and GranTurismo. Just sayin...it would give us an idea of the outcome

By that logic that means i'm a badass navy seal special ops killing machine soldier because I have a 1.32 k/d on black ops 2. :headbang::facepalm:

DirtyD 08-07-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43413)
By that logic that means i'm a badass navy seal special ops killing machine soldier because I have a 1.32 k/d on black ops 2. :headbang::facepalm:

Noob. I never die! :fuckyea:

saunupe1911 08-07-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43413)

Dude you got no imagination or vision. Also have you actually met a marine, SEAL, or Iraq vet...ask them about their enjoyment of the COD series! My point is that simulators give some type of vision of the outcome. It's not apples to apple but its something. What do think NASA and pilot trainees use? Even the military use them to some extent. Nothing substutues real life, but simulators help when you don't have all the variables in place. Use a little bit of creative thinking.