Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newb in Lewisville (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3236)

5-OH 12-02-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 58098)
Welcome! Curious if that's a rattle can job on te interior or real automotive paint?

Car looks good I just moved from lewisville.

No rattle can, it's the real deal. Removed all the pieces, did a quick sand, filler primer and then three coats of base and two coats of clear. I cut a lot of corners on a lot of things, cars are not one of them.

What part of Lewisville? I actually work in Argyle, I see your in Roanoke now.

birthstones, I'll be on the lookout!

Dan12GT 12-02-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-OH (Post 58106)
No rattle can, it's the real deal. Removed all the pieces, did a quick sand, filler primer and then three coats of base and two coats of clear. I cut a lot of corners on a lot of things, cars are not one of them.

Cool! I don't have the money to sink into professionally painting interior stuff but was thinking of doing a lot of the parts you have done. Maybe I'll try something small to see how it holds up, I'm pretty good with a rattle can :)

Anywho I used to live in the Hidden Creek apts off old orchard and college. Good little place was there for 3 years but also lived in flower mound about 15 years before that.

5-OH 12-02-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 58116)
Cool! I don't have the money to sink into professionally painting interior stuff but was thinking of doing a lot of the parts you have done. Maybe I'll try something small to see how it holds up, I'm pretty good with a rattle can :)

Anywho I used to live in the Hidden Creek apts off old orchard and college. Good little place was there for 3 years but also lived in flower mound about 15 years before that.

Where I live now, I think I remember seeing your car a few times. My sister lived over in building 7, I remember someone having a black mustang in one of the garages over there.

Dan12GT 12-02-2013 09:48 PM

Haha crazy! Ya I was in 6 the whole time. Had a 2 bedroom our last year with a connected garage. In surprised I never saw your car!!! Unless you just got it lol.

brtnstrns 12-02-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-OH (Post 58106)

Haha, interesting auto-correct of my username...

I'm over near edmonds/corporate myself.

Dan12GT 12-02-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtnstrns (Post 58125)

I'm over near edmonds/corporate myself.

I think I've seen your car before when I used to live in the area.

5-OH 12-02-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtnstrns (Post 58125)

Wow, FAIL on my part.

Dan, I did just get it, bought it October 19th. I had a Thunder gray CTS before.

BeastStang1302 12-04-2013 07:00 PM

Welcome

El_Tortuga 12-20-2013 09:36 PM

Black cars are the best!!!