Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Pics & Video (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New wheels (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=888)

merlinmol 01-03-2013 10:00 AM

LOL @ Steve and Midnight, I think it looks ok, but hard to tell, hurry up and get more pics slacker =P

Midnight11 01-03-2013 10:43 AM

I still don't understand why I got brought into it. Yes Steve we know the point that you don't like any wheels besides true forged lol

Grandpa 01-03-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 14142)
Yes Steve we know the point that you don't like any wheels besides true forged lol

That's not true at all. lol

I think the Forgestars, F14s, RTR's look fine, my beef with them is they are FAR too common. In fact, they are so common some nonmustang people think they are a stock wheel! I heard some people walking by our cars at C&C and someone actually said that they were factory options because they saw so many cars there with them. Haha. Walking around the Mustang section, I could see how someone would think so because most of the Mustangs all look alike doing the same wheels and body mods.

Midnight11 01-03-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 14143)

I think the Forgestars, F14s, RTR's look fine, my beef with them is they are FAR too common. In fact, they are so common some nonmustang people think they are a stock wheel! I heard some people walking by our cars at C&C and someone actually said that they were factory options because they saw so many cars there with them. Haha. Walking around the Mustang section, I could see how someone would think so because most of the Mustangs all look alike doing the same wheels and body mods.

you think they are common when in fact they are not. common to you bc you see them on forums which are the minority of mustang owners... i have yet to see a forgestar wheel from anyone not in this group...

BLK2012GT 01-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 14135)
Duh Steve doesnt like them, they didnt cost $3k

But these did cost 3k new.

BLK2012GT 01-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 14139)
LOL @ Steve and Midnight, I think it looks ok, but hard to tell, hurry up and get more pics slacker =P

Once my engine is done I will be getting better pics. Hard to move the car with no engine or tranny in it.

Courtesy Flush 01-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 14143)

I see your point as the market is huge for these cars, but Mustangs are very common as is so you are going to get quite a few doing similar modifications. Being that our cars a quite affordable most owners that get into the aftermarket modifications are going to go towards the more practical and budget based mod.