Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW 5.0s Callout Lists (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2435)

OG Fox 08-12-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 44404)
Need to do a big track day when the weather cools down.

agreed, i think theres some event in october. not sure. :poker:

JDBishopArts 08-12-2013 02:29 PM

It's like college preseason rankings. They don't mean much.

The Aggies are usually ranked and by the end of the year they aren't. Except last year.

Doug1227 08-12-2013 02:38 PM

I'm already in the process of setting up a Battle Royale this coming weekend in Ennis. I've called out Jaye Hoppe and will be racing him there for the #10. #7 Sayle said he'd be there. #8 Josh is a maybe. #9 Brad I haven't talked to. Corey Church is planning on coming as well. I'd like to call out the entire list to come Saturday so we can get the list set with what are fairly accurate rankings. If your car's not ready, get outta the way! LOL!

OG Fox 08-12-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 44410)
I'm already in the process of setting up a Battle Royale this coming weekend in Ennis. I've called out Jaye Hoppe and will be racing him there for the #10. #7 Sayle said he'd be there. #8 Josh is a maybe. #9 Brad I haven't talked to. Corey Church is planning on coming as well. I'd like to call out the entire list to come Saturday so we can get the list set with what are fairly accurate rankings. If your car's not ready, get outta the way! LOL!

awesome idea doug!

Doug1227 08-12-2013 02:55 PM

The thing is, if someone doesn't come, then nothing can change at or above their position.

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 03:00 PM

The list is close enough to get started and that's all we needed. Its not perfect but after racing commences it'll work its way to being perfect.

I said this on the rules doc when I first posted them...

Everyone please remember that we had to start somewhere and Dale Zavala was cool enough to take a stab at who's on the original list. If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!

Read the rules and you'll see that the person being challenged is above the person making the callout. The person being challenged can say dig, roll, track, street whatever BUT we cannot make anyone do anything illegal they don't want to do. Work together on setting up your race. Dale and I are providing with a way to keep track of things FOR FUN and to provide a little structure as well.

Everyone needs to focus on racing and not who was on the original list BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER! If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!

Toby 08-12-2013 03:01 PM

Is the list limited to mustangs?

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 44415)
The thing is, if someone doesn't come, then nothing can change at or above their position.

Just beat #10 and keep making callouts. If the race doesn't get done in a timely fashion you move up win or lose. We believe a 1-2 week timeframe to complete a race is sufficient.

Come to Yagermeister or OG Fox for any clarifications or proposed rules. In fact a new rule came about today due to a certain circumstance we saw so things are fluid and we are willing to hear ANYONE WHO BRINGS SOLUTIONS.

Just being real about things, here is a snippet from the rules doc:

"...any arguments will be resolved by Brent Yager or Dale Zavala and our decision is final. If you don't like it you don't have to participate in the list"

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 44417)

Not sure but we are the DFW 5.0s ;)

I'll discuss with Dale and Nicolas

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 44422)
Not sure but we are the DFW 5.0s ;)

I'll discuss with Dale and Nicolas

It has been confirmed the person must be a club member and have a mustang.

OG Fox 08-12-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 44417)

for the list, yes, has to be a mustang and in dfw50s. thats not to say you cant race anyone at anytime.

Oxford14Stang 08-12-2013 03:39 PM

Ant called me out for Saturday at Ennis. I'd prefer the streets but he said he won't run on the streets anymore. So we are taking it to the track so I can lose to a v6 :)

Doug1227 08-12-2013 03:52 PM

With all due respect, knowing that you don't like to street race, would you feel the same way if you had to work your way up the list knowing that there were people above you that wouldn't take YOUR race at the track? You'd be locked in your spot, not because you weren't quicker, but because you didn't want to street race. Think about it.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 44416)
The list is close enough to get started and that's all we needed. Its not perfect but after racing commences it'll work its way to being perfect.

I said this on the rules doc when I first posted them...

Everyone please remember that we had to start somewhere and Dale Zavala was cool enough to take a stab at who's on the original list. If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!

Read the rules and you'll see that the person being challenged is above the person making the callout. The person being challenged can say dig, roll, track, street whatever BUT we cannot make anyone do anything illegal they don't want to do. Work together on setting up your race. Dale and I are providing with a way to keep track of things FOR FUN and to provide a little structure as well.

Everyone needs to focus on racing and not who was on the original list BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER! If you are not on it don't take offense...just race and move up!

Midnight11 08-12-2013 03:55 PM

^if they dont race you after you challenge them for a certain time, you lose your spot...

OG Fox 08-12-2013 04:07 PM

i kinda get what doug is saying. however, i think we should strongly advise racing at the track first, but if both parties want to, they can do it on the street.

GunsUp 08-12-2013 04:11 PM

List spots on the street should have spotters in front and behind. Just saying.

Doug1227 08-12-2013 04:20 PM

If YOU want to move up and challenge the guy above you and he wants a street race, and you don't, you're stuck. He gets to pick the race because he's above you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 44431)
^if they dont race you after you challenge them for a certain time, you lose your spot...

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 04:31 PM

Doug as Dale mentioned I understand but we are all big boys and can work with each other to get a race together. Track first and street last for safety, not getting into an accident and killing bystanders, not getting tickets, etc. Work it out but the person above you does have rank on you :-)

DirtyD 08-12-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 44431)

I think you might want to reread what you typed, Nic....that makes no sense.

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 04:43 PM

What he means is that if you call out someone above you but they do not race you within a reasonable timeframe of around 2 weeks they lose their spot

GunsUp 08-12-2013 04:43 PM

Why so Serious?

Grandpa 08-12-2013 04:47 PM

This looks like it can be a lot of fun and hopefully isn't taken too seriously where is causes unnecessary drama. This should definitely be for members only who are here to have fun in my opinion.

03MachMe 08-12-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 44436)
If YOU want to move up and challenge the guy above you and he wants a street race, and you don't, you're stuck. He gets to pick the race because he's above you.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. I think the rules should say race is at the track UNLESS BOTH PARTIES agree to a street race.

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 04:51 PM

SlowGreyGT said it best! Dale and I are only here to provide a structure and a means of keeping track of things. Our hope is to provide comradery and a competitive spirit to bring the club together...and to get outsiders to want to join the club to get onto one of our premier lists :-)

Grandpa 08-12-2013 04:56 PM

I'd love to take part in this stuff, but unfortunately most likely will not be able to. I'm not on FB and have too many scheduling restraints that would most likely keep me from being able to make the 1 week call outs requirements with regularity. I look forward to seeing the results and videos.

STROKD 08-12-2013 04:57 PM

I don't see this going well after a few weeks.

Best of luck to everyone involved.

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 04:58 PM

The rules are loose because this isn't serious. Work it out between the called out and callee. Most of us are friends anyways :-)

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 05:01 PM

We are not trying to be like the NHRA and have a rule for every circumstance. Let's all just work together to have fun :-)

03MachMe 08-12-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 44447)
I'd love to take part in this stuff, but unfortunately most likely will not be able to. I'm not on FB and have too many scheduling restraints that would most likely keep me from being able to make the 1 week call outs requirements with regularity. I look forward to seeing the results and videos.

I think I'll be in the same boat. I work almost every Fri and Sat and that is when the tracks are open. I don't race on the street so I would maybe be able to get the #9 or #10 spot then lose it because I cant make it to the track in a week or two

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 44452)
I think I'll be in the same boat. I work almost every Fri and Sat and that is when the tracks are open. I don't race on the street so I would maybe be able to get the #9 or #10 spot then lose it because I cant make it to the track in a week or two

Just work with the person above you! If you need an extra week work with them and just let Dale and I know

Grandpa 08-12-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 44453)
Just work with the person above you! If you need an extra week work with them and just let Dale and I know

We'll see how it goes the next few weeks. Maybe Ryan and I can trade the #10 spot back and forth at the track. lol.

BLK2012GT 08-12-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 44424)
It has been confirmed the person must be a club member and have a mustang.

Guess I'm out then.

BLK2012GT 08-12-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 44449)
I don't see this going well after a few weeks.

Best of luck to everyone involved.

X2.

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 44455)
Guess I'm out then.

You're not in the club? Why are you in the forum then? Don't get me wrong I hope you are still in the club :-)

Doug1227 08-12-2013 05:37 PM

He meant he's not in the "FAST" club... he's obviously part of DFW5.0's...... lol

BLK2012GT 08-12-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 44461)
He meant he's not in the "FAST" club... he's obviously part of DFW5.0's...... lol

This man understands. Lol

JDMLOL 08-12-2013 05:47 PM

Sure are a lot of people overly concerned about being in the top ten. Lol. Doesn't really mean much, it's all just for fun isn't it?

I sort of think that calling out street racing online and keeping a roster open to whomever isn't such a good idea. We know there is at least one that would like to participate but cant be involved in anything taking place on the street due to his line of work. I'm sure there are others that would rather not participate on the street either. There should be a way to cater to both people who want to race legally and people who want to take their chances on their own while being able to maintain their title. Just my .02 though.

Yagermeister 08-12-2013 05:48 PM

If you're not going to participate because of whatever reason then it would be appreciated if you could keep any negative comments to yourself about the list, how it was created, the chances it lasts etc so those of us that are enjoying the lists for what they are can fully enjoy them. Thank you for understanding!

46Tbird 08-12-2013 05:50 PM

I wonder what happens when there's an 'incident' at a site-sanctioned street racing event.

Just like the ricer meets, I'll respectfully decline to participate...

Doug1227 08-12-2013 05:58 PM

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a Fastest List with heads up racing involved. I'm planning on doing mine at the track!