Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   exotics vs the world (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=747)

DirtyD 12-09-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 11723)
I wish I had just stayed home. That was the most un-organized car event I have been to! I set in line for about 1.5 hrs to get in, set in one spot for 20 mins with the line not moving! Once I got there, saw about 20 passes them a diesel drug antifreeze from the starting line to the finish line. After that i left. Not to mention, even though there was a spot saved for me to park next to our trailer, i was forced to park on the other side of teh track and walk all the way around.. What a joke.... This will be the last time I attend an rkc event...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 11727)
Rkc is all you needed to say. Lol.

They put more thought into how to get as many people as possible into these events but don't think of how to deal with the shear number of people that they invite.

Emwun Garand 12-09-2012 08:41 PM

I had a great time. Of course I got there at 12 and waited maybe 3 mins to get in.

Manny's blue 5.0 ran a 6.5x @ 118 and beat the Jotech GTR by a nose hair.

Taxman 12-09-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 11723)
I wish I had just stayed home. That was the most un-organized car event I have been to! I set in line for about 1.5 hrs to get in, set in one spot for 20 mins with the line not moving! Once I got there, saw about 20 passes them a diesel drug antifreeze from the starting line to the finish line. After that i left. Not to mention, even though there was a spot saved for me to park next to our trailer, i was forced to park on the other side of teh track and walk all the way around.. What a joke.... This will be the last time I attend an rkc event...

Yeah it was cool hanging out with y'all but I wish I had just stayed home. I'm still cold.

Grandpa 12-09-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 11728)
They put more thought into how to get as many people as possible into these events but don't think of how to deal with the shear number of people that they invite.

Jared is always more consumed about getting huge numbers of people out for bragging rights and gives little regard to properly running a meet. Most of the people who attendvhis meets now are young kids. That wasnt always the case though. At one time RKC meets were a lot of fun but thats no longer the case.

Midnight11 12-09-2012 09:29 PM

i had a blast and got right in and right out lol

made 3 runs

03MachMe 12-09-2012 09:48 PM

^^^^ok..... and.....

PLASMAN 12-09-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand (Post 11730)

Manny's blue 5.0 ran a 6.5x @ 118 and beat the Jotech GTR by a nose hair.

Awesome!

Toby 12-09-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxman (Post 11731)
Yeah it was cool hanging out with y'all but I wish I had just stayed home. I'm still cold.

haha was good talking with you! Let us know when you are ready for that clutch!

Taxman 12-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 11751)
haha was good talking with you! Let us know when you CAN AFFORD that clutch!

Fixed that for you. It'll be at tax time bud.

OG Fox 12-09-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 11737)
i had a blast and got right in and right out lol

made 3 runs

yeah i had fun too. you had to get there early or you were screwed, lot of nice cars out there. honestly ennis would have been a better track to race at with that many people. also the quarter mile would have been better suited. In the end I only came to race and see you guys. no homo.

Toby 12-09-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxman (Post 11755)
Fixed that for you. It'll be at tax time bud.

haha, yea I will be seeing you around that time also!

Taxman 12-10-2012 12:03 AM

Look forward to helping you out.

STROKD 12-10-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Devil 5.0 (Post 11767)
yeah i had fun too. you had to get there early or you were screwed, lot of nice cars out there. honestly ennis would have been a better track to race at with that many people. also the quarter mile would have been better suited. In the end I only came to race and see you guys. no homo.

Yep. Everyone seems to have a gd hardon for eigth mile racing here. Damn tracks don't even exist in CA... Its like the rednecks are affraid their shitty cars will fall apart past 700 feet.

I find it completely unsatisfying to watch and espicially to race. But I also think its lame as hell NHRA only runs 1000 feet now because the old tracks aren't safe anymore. I'm not into the 330 foot racing crap, might as well just race 60 foot or reaction times.

I don't know why no one has Dallas Raceway host these events. I went yesterday and there were like 8-10 cars that raced ALL day... My friend Greg ran his 5.0 about 12 times with cool down time... Lol

Midnight11 12-10-2012 10:32 AM

Bc everyone was at this event...

Grandpa 12-10-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 11776)
Yep. Everyone seems to have a gd hardon for eigth mile racing here. Damn tracks don't even exist in CA... Its like the rednecks are affraid their shitty cars will fall apart past 700 feet.

I find it completely unsatisfying to watch and espicially to race. But I also think its lame as hell NHRA only runs 1000 feet now because the old tracks aren't safe anymore. I'm not into the 330 foot racing crap, might as well just race 60 foot or reaction times.

I don't know why no one has Dallas Raceway host these events. I went yesterday and there were like 8-10 cars that raced ALL day... My friend Greg ran his 5.0 about 12 times with cool down time... Lol

1/8th, 1/4, roll racing, twisties, soap box derby cars, it's all fun. Different people are into different things.

1/8th mile tracks are more popular in the south for many reasons, they are smaller so easier to find locations for, cheaper to operate and honestly is more like stop light racing than anything else. Some people get just much of a charge from a launching a car from a dead stop as you do getting the top end rush of a high powered roll car.

Because there is more 1/8th mile tracks available here, people who want to race legally will tend to set their cars up for that more than anything else. Of all the options we have here in Texas, the 1/8th mile tracks are the closest and the cheapest to race at. The racing you like to do is the riskiest and the dumbest of all the choices. It's fun, but it really is stupid to do 150+mph on public highways.

STROKD 12-10-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 11789)
1/8th, 1/4, roll racing, twisties, soap box derby cars, it's all fun. Different people are into different things.

1/8th mile tracks are more popular in the south for many reasons, they are smaller so easier to find locations for, cheaper to operate and honestly is more like stop light racing than anything else. Some people get just much of a charge from a launching a car from a dead stop as you do getting the top end rush of a high powered roll car.

Because there is more 1/8th mile tracks available here, people who want to race legally will tend to set their cars up for that more than anything else. Of all the options we have here in Texas, the 1/8th mile tracks are the closest and the cheapest to race at. The racing you like to do is the riskiest and the dumbest of all the choices. It's fun, but it really is stupid to do 150+mph on public highways.

I plan to do well over 150 at a legal track in Crandall eventually. Their was like no one there on Saturday... just dont know why events arent held there vs Denton or Kennedale all the f'in time.

Grandpa 12-10-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 11793)
I plan to do well over 150 at a legal track in Crandall eventually. Their was like no one there on Saturday... just dont know why events arent held there vs Denton or Kennedale all the f'in time.

Hasn't that track had some financial trouble opening and closing in addition to a not so friendly owner?

OG Fox 12-10-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 11794)
Hasn't that track had some financial trouble opening and closing in addition to a not so friendly owner?

i know they been closing last minute before events a few times. that track is the nicest track in the area though. Ennis is to but also farther for most.

STROKD 12-10-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 11794)

Yea I think so, but the entry and race fees dropped from the previous owners, and the track is very nice... They let you go up to the damn line to watch if you want, which is cool when there isn't anyone there.

I think a gtg race event there or something would be awesome. Set it up Steve :) Id make sure the vert was runnin for something fun like that, might even run an 11.9 in her. :troll3:

Grandpa 12-10-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 11796)
Yea I think so, but the entry and race fees dropped from the previous owners, and the track is very nice... They let you go up to the damn line to watch if you want, which is cool when there isn't anyone there.

I think a gtg race event there or something would be awesome. Set it up Steve :) Id make sure the vert was runnin for something fun like that, might even run an 11.9 in her. :troll3:

Man, organizing an event like that is a lot of work and someone always wants to bitch and complain no matter what you do. lol.

I've thought about it before and I've got several ideas. I'd have to talk to some sponsors about prizes and money. There is already some amazing events that take place in Texas - Texas Mile, T.I, Tx2k etc..

Arguably, Texas has some of the fastest street cars in the country. I think there is an opening for another event that is much like the old True Street event from the Fun Ford Weekend events but would have to have MUCH stricter rules to make them all actual street cars rather than race cars in disguise.

Midnight11 12-10-2012 04:32 PM

private track day like jayes group did would be awesome. maybe we can combine the day with the two clubs

DirtyD 12-10-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 11798)
private track day like jayes group did would be awesome. maybe we can combine the day with the two clubs

After talking with a couple of members of North Texas Mustang Club at the Ft. Worth Auto Show, I think would could garner enough interest between all the local clubs here in DFW to hold and afford an private track day

Grandpa 12-10-2012 04:40 PM

A private track day is easy enough to do as long as you have enough members to committed to attending.

Midnight11 12-10-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 11800)
A private track day is easy enough to do as long as you have enough members to committed to attending.

yes i think a pay in advance thing would be required on that just to ensure the attendance and stuff

Taxman 12-10-2012 04:43 PM

We've done it before. It's not too hard. I know the owners of Northstar pretty well. Just holler at me when you want to set it up.

OG Fox 12-10-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxman (Post 11802)
We've done it before. It's not too hard. I know the owners of Northstar pretty well. Just holler at me when you want to set it up.

That day was the most fun I've ever had at the track. It's a good learning experience. We should definitely do it.

Taxman 12-10-2012 04:54 PM

I'm totally in. Just let me know when y'all want to do it and work with me on my schedule too cuz I'm about to be super busy, so I'll need a good lead time to be able to have that day free.

Midnight11 12-10-2012 04:57 PM

im down when is a good day for everyone??

about how much are we looking at per person

OG Fox 12-10-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 11805)
im down when is a good day for everyone??

about how much are we looking at per person

20-30 per person i believe depending on how many we can get.

Midnight11 12-10-2012 05:01 PM

done. lets get a huge group!

OG Fox 12-10-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 11808)
done. lets get a huge group!

i think if you could get 30 cars we'd be good.

DirtyD 12-10-2012 05:07 PM

Yeah, I think doing a full track day with 30-40 cars, that would be perfect. That way there is always someone running on the track, while others are able to test-n-tune their rides between runs and during cool downs. most optimum use of time, and hopefully not a ton of people wait, and waiting, and waiting.

GunsUp 12-10-2012 05:23 PM

I drove by the event yesterday around 2 and kept on driving. Holy Hell that line was crazy.

Wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

Taxman 12-10-2012 05:53 PM

If I remember correctly, it costs them a little over a grand to operate the track for a day, so they make nothing until that number is hit. When they did it for our car club, they charged us $10 a head to get in, and we did a picnic there, so they didn't have to man the concession stand.

They were more than happy with how things turned out and are willing to host another event like that. If we were to schedule ahead of time and offer $15-20 to get in, I'm sure they'd be willing to do that for the two clubs (or more) to have a private track day.

If y'all want me to start feeling them out about it, let me know and I can get some specifics. Are y'all talking about doing it soon or after the cold passes?

Grandpa 12-10-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxman (Post 11813)
If y'all want me to start feeling them out about it, let me know and I can get some specifics. Are y'all talking about doing it soon or after the cold passes?

Time/weather/holidays are going to be the huge factors right now in planning an event.

03MachMe 12-10-2012 06:26 PM

I would go for sure. ill try and get the day off if we plan far enough in advance

Emwun Garand 12-10-2012 09:10 PM

Wasn't someone stabbed at the Crandall track recently?

Grandpa 12-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand (Post 11817)
Wasn't someone stabbed at the Crandall track recently?

Some cocky Terminator owner is all. No loss. :D

rider4life350 12-10-2012 10:28 PM

I'm in for a private track day

blownaltered 12-10-2012 11:52 PM

I guess Crandall will be the new yellow belly