Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thking bout a new ride. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3911)

re-rx7 03-29-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 68312)
You can play the waiting game but the reason the rebates are going to get bigger is because what's left is the shit nobody wants.

I liked the suggestion of finding a Shelby if you are willing to mod it, 700+WHP without much work.

Well if I get a base then it wont matter. That all black one with recaros and track pack is tempting.

BERT 03-31-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68313)
Well if I get a base then it wont matter. That all black one with recaros and track pack is tempting.

I don't have recaros, but i'll sell you my base '14 :D

re-rx7 03-31-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 68424)
I don't have recaros, but i'll sell you my base '14 :D

LOL I bet.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 68312)
I liked the suggestion of finding a CTS-V if you are willing to mod it, 700+WHP without much work.

:troll3:

re-rx7 03-31-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68430)
:troll3:

Lots of trolls around here as of late..:hunter:

Dominic Toretto 03-31-2014 03:37 PM

The 2015 at the end of the NFS movie sounded like sex. Car looks much better moving than being stationary.

-Alex

zsommer79 03-31-2014 04:08 PM

Man I must of had more to drink than I thought when I typed that. A person would have to be either drunk or crazy to think a CTS-V could make the kind of power reliably without taking out a second mortgage.

STROKD 03-31-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 68437)
Man I must of had more to drink than I thought when I typed that. A person would have to be either drunk or crazy to think a CTS-V could make the kind of power reliably without taking out a second mortgage.

Its like 6 to 7 grand, if thats a second mortgage, thatd be a sorry fucken house.

blownaltered 03-31-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Are you trolling or just fucking around. There are a lot of V's in Dallas making mid 700 hp without that much work done to them. It's literally heads, cam, pulleys, long tubes, ported throttle body and a tune away. It's not that much work and the motors seem to hold it fine.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 04:16 PM

:roflbow:
Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68439)
Are you trolling or just fucking around. There are a lot of V's in Dallas making mid 700 hp without that much work done to them. It's literally heads, cam, pulleys, long tubes, ported throttle body and a tune away. It's not that much work and the motors seem to hold it fine.

LOL at just heads, cam, headers. JUST :roflbow:

Shelby gt500- pulley, boltons, tune. 700.

STROKD 03-31-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68440)

Heads and cam swap is very easy on a lsx, unlike a mod motor... and there is actually pwr in aftermarket heads and cam. no one does aftermarket heads ona shelby, and cams are sort of a joke for a mod motor too (price per hp gain).

blownaltered 03-31-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Heads and cam in a V are cheap compared to the turd you drive. Some people like to do a cam swap for the sound as well. I would rather spend the money on one cam vs the 4 in your car. $300 > $1200 any day of the week. Don't even get me started on what the labor is for the mustang to do a head/ cam swap.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68441)
Heads and cam swap is very easy on a lsx, unlike a mod motor... and there is actually pwr in aftermarket heads and cam. no one does aftermarket heads ona shelby, and cams are sort of a joke for a mod motor too (price per hp gain).

Yea mod motor is so hard. I did cams in a honda DOHC pretty simple. Same basic design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 68442)
Heads and cam in a V are cheap compared to the turd you drive. Some people like to do a cam swap for the sound as well. I would rather spend the money on one cam vs the 4 in your car. $300 > $1200 any day of the week. Don't even get me started on what the labor is for the mustang to do a head/ cam swap.

Turd huh. Well if that LS is so superior and the engine is bigger...why does the shelby make the same power without heads and cam(s). Also the 5.0 makes way more power then the 5.3. The 5.8 makes more then the 6.2. Meh

STROKD 03-31-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68443)
Yea mod motor is so hard. I did cams in a honda DOHC pretty simple. Same basic design.

Turd huh. Well if that LS is so superior and the engine is bigger...why does the shelby make the same power without heads and cam(s). Also the 5.0 makes way more power then the 5.3. The 5.8 makes more then the 6.2. Meh

Since you love talking about irrelevant shit, why are the Mustangs so slow on the street since they make more power and all?

Grandpa 03-31-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

LOL, you're crazy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68438)
Its like 6 to 7 grand, if thats a second mortgage, thatd be a sorry fucken house.

Hahaha!

Quote:

Will's longblock made over 1000hp.
Quote:

Yeah, and it's at the limits at 700. The rods are very, very questionable in the GT500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68441)

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68443)

The motor is barely bigger. Your argument is weak and you're just trolling and not very well I might add.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 68447)
Since you love talking about irrelevant shit, why are the Mustangs so slow on the street since they make more power and all?

Against their comp they arent slow. As too your question on vettes and such thats simple. Weight and Aero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68448)

Yeah, and it's at the limits at 700. The rods are very, very questionable in the GT500.

The motor is barely bigger. Your argument is weak and you're just trolling and not very well I might add.

.4 liter bigger or 30 cubic inches. 800 seems to be the limit on the GT500 rods. For what heads and cam cost you could buy a nice set of rods and have them installed. Heads arent cheap at all. The motor is bigger and the V and the ZR1 make less Hp.

zsommer79 03-31-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Somebody changed my original statement from GT500 to a CTS-V so I was just fucking around. I don't know what a CTS-V cost to mod but figured it wouldn't be as much as a house, even a shitty one built by trolls.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68449)
Against their comp they arent slow. As too your question on vettes and such thats simple. Weight and Aero.

.4 liter bigger or 30 cubic inches. 800 seems to be the limit on the GT500 rods. For what heads and cam cost you could buy a nice set of rods and have them installed. Heads arent cheap at all. The motor is bigger and the V and the ZR1 make less Hp.

LOL, you make it sound like swapping rods is as easy or cheap as changing the oil.

You're wrong about those rods limits, but it's whatever. Your mind is made up, I'm not going to continue to attempt to convince you. We'll just agree to disagree.

I understand this is most likely the most expensive car you have probably ever bought since you came from imports. Therefor you are going to argue this subject to death in order to justify your purchase. It's not necessary to be honest. You chose the car you liked and now you're rolling with it. That's cool, nothing wrong with it. But by attacking others for liking something other than what you are fiercely loyal to and arguing small details such as .4 difference in motor sizes shows you have some insecurity about what you bought.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 06:58 PM

My Evo actually cost more then the stang Mr.Pompous ass. No, I just get tired of hearing how great Ls engines are when ford produces engines that do just as well. I argue these point becuase yall act like there is no better engine than GM's.

jng2985 03-31-2014 07:15 PM

Wouldn't the trolls be the ones who once owned only to move on else where? Hard to make new friends.......

The Joker 03-31-2014 08:17 PM

You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker (Post 68458)
You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.

I think my car is sold. If it is Ive got to make a decision.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68453)
My Evo actually cost more then the stang. No, I just get tired of hearing how great Ls engines are when ford produces engines that do just as well.

Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68461)
Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.

I can agree with this. Im not sure what to get next. Im leaning toward a Boss 302 or a new base 14 with SC.

STROKD 03-31-2014 08:46 PM

Rx, what Steve and I are grtting at is MODDING the shit out of the cars, the LS motors hold up better...

Grandpa 03-31-2014 08:46 PM

If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68465)
If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.

The only way I could SC it is if i buy new from ford. I really like the Idea the only drawback would be it being a base car. I know you gys know quite a bit about SC's. How does the FRPP Blower do? If it sucks then I might as well get a premium brembo/recaro car.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 09:26 PM

The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.

zsommer79 03-31-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jng2985 (Post 68455)
Wouldn't the trolls be the ones who once owned only to move on else where? Hard to make new friends.......

Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68469)
The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.

Besides being a huge heat sink LOL

Dark Pony 03-31-2014 09:59 PM

Admin of a Mustang Forum...owns a Cadillac...

jng2985 03-31-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 68470)
Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.

What if they're a level 99?

KurvStr8nr 03-31-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68476)

Truth is always stranger than fiction...

Grandpa 03-31-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68476)

And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol

Stangmaster281 04-01-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68491)
And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol

Gee wiz mister your really really old.

Grandpa 04-01-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 (Post 68492)
Gee wiz mister your really really old.

Lol, yeah ive realized this.

Stangmaster281 04-01-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68493)
Lol, yeah ive realized this.

Was that before or after you got the caddy?:D

ochoblanco 04-01-2014 08:30 AM

I want your 20's before you sell your ride!

Grandpa 04-01-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ochoblanco (Post 68497)
I want your 20's before you sell your ride!

Just bring on the money and they are yours!

ochoblanco 04-01-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68499)
Just bring on the money and they are yours!

I was actually referring to re-rx7's wheels but what do you have?