Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Interior/Exterior (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Wheel choices (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=870)

Joey289 01-04-2013 12:08 AM

After going through the 20 page wheel thread on svtp I learned a few things...
1) matte black or charcoal looks horrible on silver stangs
2) 99% of mustangs have black wheels. 90% of those are some variation similar to the amr wheel.

3) there are not many silver stangs on that site.

If I go black it will have to be a gloss black with either a polished lip or some kind of color offset.

I think I have narrowed it down to chrome. Chrome always looks good on a silver car. What do y'all think?

I am liking the steeda spyders. The 20x9.5 weighs 30 lbs and the 20x11weighs 33lbs.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-c...d-mustang.html

Same wheel in machine w/ black
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-b...d-mustang.html

DirtyD 01-04-2013 01:00 AM

I kind of like the Shelby wheels that Danny runs...

Joey289 01-04-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 14220)
I kind of like the Shelby wheels that Danny runs...

I do too. I pulled up those wheels and was disappointed to see the rivets.

Grandpa 01-04-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey289 (Post 14217)
2) 99% of mustangs have black wheels. 90% of those are some variation similar to the amr wheel.

If I go black it will have to be a gloss black with either a polished lip or some kind of color offset.

I think I have narrowed it down to chrome. Chrome always looks good on a silver car. What do y'all think?

I am liking the steeda spyders. The 20x9.5 weighs 30 lbs and the 20x11weighs 33lbs.

Exactly why I have been saying what I have. lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey289 (Post 14223)
I do too. I pulled up an up lose and was disappointed to see the rivets.

The "rivets" on Danny's CS40 Shelby wheels were fake and he removed them making the wheels look MUCH better for that style of wheel.

People often mention the "rivets" in my wheels. The difference is that my wheels are real three piece wheels and require the assembly bolts to hold my wheels together. It is a love them or hate them look and not for everyone. I can't say I've always been a fan of the bolts either, but in the case of these wheels I really like them. :)

merlinmol 01-04-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey289 (Post 14217)

I personally like the machine way better than chrome. Chrome has been so overdone and if the plating isn't high quality it looks cheap.

Joey289 01-04-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 14225)
Exactly why I have been saying what I have. lol.

The "rivets" on Danny's CS40 Shelby wheels were fake and he removed them making the wheels look MUCH better for that style of wheel.

I thought something was different. I loved how they looked on his car and the CS40 is still one of the wheels I am thinking about. Glad to know the fake rivets are removable.

Joey289 01-04-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 14227)
I personally like the machine way better than chrome. Chrome has been so overdone and if the plating isn't high quality it looks cheap.

On any other color car I would be in 100% agreeance... I saw a few silver cars with the machined wheel and it just didn't look AS good as the chrome. Wheel deciscions are a pain in the ass.

merlinmol 01-04-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey289 (Post 14233)
On any other color car I would be in 100% agreeance... I saw a few silver cars with the machined wheel and it just didn't look AS good as the chrome. Wheel deciscions are a pain in the ass.

I think a dark competition grey would also look sexy, check out pics of the color on my Camaro I have posted up in the member rides section and let me know what you think.

Joey289 01-04-2013 10:46 AM

Your Camaro looks good, but after going through that wheel thread I want to avoid those colors on this car.

IF i was hitting the purchase button today it would be the 20x9.5 Machined Steeda Spyder with a 275 tire all the way around. I think that would be the best compromise on everything.... would still keep the Silver/Black theme I want without going full on black, wouldn't be "too" flashy, and that tire size would be a good choice for all the miles I put on the car as well. Still open to suggestions though!

merlinmol 01-04-2013 11:07 AM

Sounds good, now to just wait for the pics after you get it all done :)

Joey289 01-04-2013 02:50 PM

This is not the same wheel, but this is how the machined w/black wheels look on a silver car.
These are 18's on a 2010.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...g/IMG_1065.jpg
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...g/IMG_1062.jpg

dallasmike 01-05-2013 08:09 AM

Joey289.

Check out this wheel from TSW. They debuted this at SEMA this year and it is absolutely STUNNING! I will probably be putting a set of these on my personal car very soon. I can also get you a killer price for being "the first" to get them for a mustang!

http://www.nitrousgarage.com/images/...r-Wheels-2.jpg

Also the wheels I currently run on my car fit your criteria as well.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...angfinal-1.jpg

Joey289 01-05-2013 10:54 AM

Wow those TSW are nice! Is that a machine wheel with polished lip? Or is it all polished? Sometimes it is hard to tell from a picture. PM me pricing and sizes.

Dark Pony 01-06-2013 12:06 PM

I think I've decided on the Forgestar F14's. Gloss BLACK!

merlinmol 01-06-2013 02:19 PM

Those new TSW's look amazing, I missed half the wheel hall at SEMA :(

Grandpa 01-06-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 14406)

:slap:

merlinmol 01-06-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

I like those wheels, but way too many people have them, especially on Mustangs. I prefer to be different, otherwise they are nice though.

DirtyD 01-06-2013 02:27 PM

Those TSW wheels look a lot like the Niche wheels I will be getting.

Mike, how good of a deal would you be able to get to have someone put those on their Mustang first? :D

LOL @ Steve

Joey289 01-06-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 14434)
Those new TSW's look amazing, I missed half the wheel hall at SEMA :(

I keep logging in hopeing for a PM with an incredibly low price! lol

merlinmol 01-06-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey289 (Post 14440)
I keep logging in hopeing for a PM with an incredibly low price! lol

Can't blame you, those wheels are sexy, I am sure he will PM today or tomorrow once he checks the board, if not let me know and I will remind him.

Phuck Phace 01-06-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Those wheels suck.
They aren't as common as Steve makes them out to be. Only on forums, I haven't ran into anyone else with them on the streets.

LilWhite 01-06-2013 02:47 PM

I've seen more TF wheels on the road than i have Forgestars lol.

Can i get a price on those new TSW wheels too please.

Grandpa 01-06-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 14450)
Those wheels suck.
They aren't as common as Steve makes them out to be. Only on forums, I haven't ran into anyone else with them on the streets.

Only on forums? So ALL of those cars in those threads don't make it out on the street? lol. Gimme a break. You're in denial here. Yes, they are the most common wheel to be seen on these cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWhite (Post 14458)
I've seen more TF wheels on the road than i have Forgestars lol.

LOL, whatever you are smokin you need to start selling it because it's some good shit if you really believe that.

LilWhite 01-06-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 14463)
Only on forums? So ALL of those cars in those threads don't make it out on the street? lol. Gimme a break. You're in denial here. Yes, they are the most common wheel to be seen on these cars.

LOL, whatever you are smokin you need to start selling it because it's some good shit if you really believe that.

Lol damn dude, you really love those wheels huh? Maybe over in Wylie you feel super unique and balling with TF wheels, but i've seen a handful of a cars running TF wheels around Southlake area. More so than Forgestar. I've had both, and i prefer the Forgestars. Solely because they are less maintenance..with the rivets and all. :signs8:

Wheels are nothing but showing off anyway. Get over it. Do you spend more time looking at your car or driving your car while others look at those SUPER FUCKING BALLIN wheels? :favorites37:

Grandpa 01-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWhite (Post 14471)
Lol damn dude, you really love those wheels huh? Maybe over in Wylie you feel super unique and balling with TF wheels, but i've seen a handful of a cars running TF wheels around Southlake area. More so than Forgestar. I've had both, and i prefer the Forgestars. Solely because they are less maintenance..with the rivets and all. :signs8:

Wheels are nothing but showing off anyway. Get over it. Do you spend more time looking at your car or driving your car while others look at those SUPER FUCKING BALLIN wheels? :favorites37:

They are just wheels, nothing more than that. I don't buying into the exclusive factor on anything, if I did I wouldn't be in a normal GT. I was at SEMA with the owner of True Forged wheels and know how many sets are out there and I can assure you there is more sets of Forgestars out there than there is TF wheels. That especially true for the 2010+ group since a majority of them go 20 inch wheels which are quite abit more expensive than the 18's the Terminator crowd runs around on.

By all means, take the time to go through these threads and tell me how many sets of RTR, F14, Forgestar type wheels vs TF's.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...re-thread.html

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30034

The guys here know I'm joking. Those type of wheels look great on these cars. The only issue I have with them is they seem to be the default choice and are very common. The only true complaint you will hear from me about all of this is the black wheel fad. It personally makes no sense to me to spend money on wheels, to black them out and take all of the detail away from them. Might as well just run the stockers in black if you're going to do that but that is my opinion.If that is what you like, roll with it. If you're going to personally put me on blast, at least have your facts straight first. :)

03MachMe 01-06-2013 03:34 PM

I have yet to see another mustang out driving around with the F14/drift/rtr wheels... unless I'm meeting up with david for cigars or at some type of meet lol. They are common when it comes to on the fourms and if you want to stand out there, then yes those wont do it. But fact is 90% of mustangs are left stock so any wheel change makes your car out of the majority.

Grandpa 01-06-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 14480)
But fact is 90% of mustangs are left stock.

Those people need to be slapped around!

dallasmike 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

For everyone wanting PMs I will talk to tsw tomorrow to see exactly what kind of deal I can put together. I know you'll be happy!

jayman33 01-06-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

What size? If you're doing custom I could help ya out!

LilWhite 01-07-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 14479)
They are just wheels, nothing more than that. I don't buying into the exclusive factor on anything, if I did I wouldn't be in a normal GT. I was at SEMA with the owner of True Forged wheels and know how many sets are out there and I can assure you there is more sets of Forgestars out there than there is TF wheels. That especially true for the 2010+ group since a majority of them go 20 inch wheels which are quite abit more expensive than the 18's the Terminator crowd runs around on.

By all means, take the time to go through these threads and tell me how many sets of RTR, F14, Forgestar type wheels vs TF's.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...re-thread.html

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30034

The guys here know I'm joking. Those type of wheels look great on these cars. The only issue I have with them is they seem to be the default choice and are very common. The only true complaint you will hear from me about all of this is the black wheel fad. It personally makes no sense to me to spend money on wheels, to black them out and take all of the detail away from them. Might as well just run the stockers in black if you're going to do that but that is my opinion.If that is what you like, roll with it. If you're going to personally put me on blast, at least have your facts straight first. :)

All I said was that I see more TF wheels than FS wheels in person. Not forums. Than you got butt hurt and said I was smoking some good shit lol. Like others have said, can't really use the forums threads to relate to what you will see on the road. You've got the f14/rtr type guys beat when it comes to online exclusivity. Not so much on the road. IMO.

Not trying to rail you personally, but I've seen you post about this topic in detail multiple times which makes me think it really bothers you / your really impressed with owning a set of TF wheels.

Oh, and the black wheel thing bothers me too. It looks good, but everyone with every car is doing it.

Joey289 01-07-2013 12:22 PM

Calm down everyone. This isn't dfwmustangs over here.

Grandpa 01-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWhite (Post 14574)
All I said was that I see more TF wheels than FS wheels in person. Not forums. Than you got butt hurt and said I was smoking some good shit lol. Like others have said, can't really use the forums threads to relate to what you will see on the road. You've got the f14/rtr type guys beat when it comes to online exclusivity. Not so much on the road. IMO.

Not trying to rail you personally, but I've seen you post about this topic in detail multiple times which makes me think it really bothers you / your really impressed with owning a set of TF wheels.

Oh, and the black wheel thing bothers me too. It looks good, but everyone with every car is doing it.

We will just agree to disagree on this one. lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey289 (Post 14578)
Calm down everyone. This isn't dfwmustangs over here.

Ha, we just have differing opinions. It will happen from time to time. As long as it doesn't digress to schoolyard name calling and ridiculing someone in every thread they go into it's all good. Not a big deal. :)

Bearded Banger 01-07-2013 02:25 PM

I'm a soon to be True Forged whore. Can't wait!

Grandpa 01-07-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 14605)
I'm a soon to be True Forged whore. Can't wait!

Sweet! Which ones did you go with?

Bearded Banger 01-07-2013 02:31 PM

Haven't ordered yet. Waiting for work to pick up a little. I'm leaning Mach 5's. in the next couple months.

Grandpa 01-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 14609)
Haven't ordered yet. Waiting for work to pick up a little. I'm leaning Mach 5's. in the next couple months.

Those will look great on your car!

blownaltered 01-07-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWhite (Post 14574)

I spend most my days on the road driving around town, usually in nice areas and most the wheels I see are bone stock. I very seldom see these cars with kick ass wheels. Mostly on the sites.

blownaltered 01-07-2013 04:51 PM

I want a set of badass rims but I just can't bring myself to pay for them yet. Maybe 6 speed tranny, then built motor, then pimp ass wheels.

Grandpa 01-07-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 14662)
I want a set of badass rims but I just can't bring myself to pay for them yet. Maybe 6 speed tranny, then built motor, then pimp ass wheels.

http://youtu.be/Hf3ol4KhmqU

blownaltered 01-07-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 14666)

That's was actually damn entertaining. That little kid is good. What's sad is I remember getting the vanilla ice tape for Xmas the year it came out. Damn I'm getting old.