Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   not good today (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=180)

Grandpa 08-06-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 2581)
they have had the car since tuesday of last week. only time they have called me was monday. every other time ive called them...

Is there just one person in charge of your claim you can talk to about it, or they bouncing you to a bunch of different people?

Midnight11 08-06-2012 11:14 AM

new person every time...

DirtyD 08-06-2012 11:34 AM

Speak with a manager and tell them you need them to get their shit together. Find out who the actual agent is, storm into his office, and let the "fit hit the shan".

The fact they are taking almost a week just to assess the car is retarded, unless they are using a legally blind estimator...

shadow11 08-06-2012 03:23 PM

Let them take there time and just drive the crap out of the rental :). I worked at a body shop and totaling a car is a long process.

Midnight11 08-06-2012 03:33 PM

Driving the crap out of the rental is impossible it's too slow

Phuck Phace 08-06-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 2624)

It has a handbrake doesn't it?

Grandpa 08-06-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 2624)

Plus you didn't spend your money to drive a rental. If you missed an insurance payment in a timely manner, they would be bitching. It goes both ways.

virtu 08-06-2012 06:27 PM

I should have mentioned the two times I have had to deal with State Farm has been like pulling teeth. They will take care of you but you really got to fight for it. It sucks but it will be worth it in the end.

Let me dig thru some old emails/documents and see if I can find some State Farm names/numbers that you can call to help get the process going a little faster.

Courtesy Flush 08-06-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 2581)
they have had the car since tuesday of last week. only time they have called me was monday. every other time ive called them...

I know your feeling but,
It hasn't been a complete work week yet.

Total losses take time, not to mention state farm is still handling a large amount of comprehensive claims as well with the recent storms we've seen across the metroplex lately.

relax and be thankful you didn't suffer major injury's in that accident.

Midnight11 08-06-2012 09:33 PM

i understand. its just frustrating bc i have found good deals on cars and they are selling bc im left in limbo

DirtyD 08-06-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 2647)
I know your feeling but,
It hasn't been a complete work week yet.

Total losses take time, not to mention state farm is still handling a large amount of comprehensive claims as well with the recent storms we've seen across the metroplex lately.

relax and be thankful you didn't suffer major injury's in that accident.

My total loss was handled in 3 business days, and my accident was on a Friday night. Had a check in the mail the following Thursday, with all paperwork being completed the day before (Wednesday).

I just don't get what's taking them so long to handle all this...

Courtesy Flush 08-06-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 2654)
My total loss was handled in 3 business days, and my accident was on a Friday night. Had a check in the mail the following Thursday, with all paperwork being completed the day before (Wednesday).

I just don't get what's taking them so long to handle all this...

Was involved in a 4 car accident on 183 and Norwood across from LD Bell high school in 2008 in my 08 mazdaspeed 3(total loss). It took a month and a half before i had a check and everything was resolved. Sometimes other insurance companies drag their feet and it delays your own situation.

Im currently working with insurance to fix a hit and run that happened in the parking lot a week ago at papa's in Watauga. Will probably drive a rental for a few weeks while they fix it.

Midnight11 08-09-2012 10:56 AM

Still nothing...

Midnight11 08-11-2012 12:33 AM

Getting really pissed...

Grandpa 08-11-2012 12:04 PM

I don't blame you a bit.