Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Tuner? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=107)

Midnight11 07-08-2012 10:11 AM

I wasn't really interested in numbers per say just the curve and how everything looked. I understand being busy just thought it would be cool for a local person to tune rather than an out of state person/company

Grandpa 07-08-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 1578)
I wasn't really interested in numbers per say just the curve and how everything looked. I understand being busy just thought it would be cool for a local person to tune rather than an out of state person/company

He might do it, you never know. You going to switch over to E85 then? That's what he tunes for.

Midnight11 07-08-2012 11:01 AM

Ah then no lol didn't know that

Emwun Garand 07-08-2012 01:28 PM

He tuned my car for 93 and E85. Smoothest MAF curve evar!

Grandpa 07-08-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand (Post 1587)

Eric still says you're slow...:D

jarheadtex 07-08-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglei532 (Post 1573)
Yes!!!! Going to Actionville, I love that place. I spent my first 3 years at Lejeune

yep ...good old Actionvill. I also spent my first 3 years there. Plenty of fishing/golfing there. Ill probably stay a while this time.

04sleeper 07-08-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 1576)
I doubt he has any graphs yet. He really doesn't care about the numbers now since it's a stock car, but rather cares more about making the tune spot on.

He's picky about who he tunes for because he's got a VERY limited schedule due to his job being on the road most of the time.

Ture story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 1578)

The newer 5.0's are actually much easier to tune than the older cars due to having factory widebands built in. Especially with just minor bolt on's and such. I only have the software for the new auto's. I would just go with someone like VMP. They only charge like $59 for the tune if you have an XCal 3 handheld.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 1579)
He might do it, you never know. You going to switch over to E85 then? That's what he tunes for.

My fuel of choice is E85 for sure, but I can tune for anything really. I could just as easily tune for race gas, or even propane or CNG if I want. There's really no difference once you understand the principles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emwun Garand (Post 1587)

:cool: Going to have to look over everything good and we will get it retued. I just wish we had cooler temps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 1591)
Eric still says you're slow...:D

LOL. Compared to his car it is. Both cars need more boost IMO. :D