Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ticketed by Plano PD (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=994)

Grandpa 01-21-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 16548)
I did that twice when I was in high school got away both times. Now I look back and think how stupid that was. Now I just pull over its not worth killing somebody and hell I don't even know why I took off I just saw the light and bolted. Dumb shit you do as a kid I guess.

I wanted to get ARMBAR on my license plate to warn those PoPo's what they were about to get into if they stopped me, but I don't think it's available anymore. lol.

Ear rak 01-21-2013 04:35 PM

I always wanted a plate with a bunch of 1's and I's so it was hard to read at quick glance.

Something like... I1I II1I

juiced86stang 01-21-2013 10:47 PM

I've been pulled over for that in Plano about 10 years or so ago. I did get the ticket dismissed though. Gotta watch out for the Plano cops though. Years ago I'm pretty sure I paid ones salary. Lol

Dark Pony 01-21-2013 11:03 PM

I got a ticket today for "No Right Turn On Red"...in Irving. Anybody know a good traffic attorney that represents Irving? F-ing motorcycle cops. Asked me for my license and came back 30 seconds later with ticket in hand. "Have a nice day day sir. Watch for those signs..."

MnemonicGhost 01-21-2013 11:14 PM

Born and raised in Plano. I can't speak for all Plano cops, but the majority I met have always given me a more than fair treatment.

Now Texas state troopers on the other hand...... :nutkick:

Special K 01-21-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 16592)
I got a ticket today for "No Right Turn On Red"...in Irving. Anybody know a good traffic attorney that represents Irving? F-ing motorcycle cops. Asked me for my license and came back 30 seconds later with ticket in hand. "Have a nice day day sir. Watch for those signs..."

Please tell me it wasn't 183 & Beltline south!

blownaltered 01-21-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 16592)

I guess you should pay attention. It's not the cops fault you broke the law.

Courtesy Flush 01-22-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special K (Post 16596)
Please tell me it wasn't 183 & Beltline south!

I know the spot. If i recall there is a sign stating no right turn on red there?

GunsUp 01-22-2013 01:47 PM

I don't like cops but I respect that they're doing their job. Met some cool ones who were "protecting and serving me" and had a few bend me over without lube.

Famous last words "I'm just detaining you for your safety and mine"

Never gotten outta cuffs once they go on

Grandpa 01-22-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 16668)
I don't like cops but I respect that they're doing their job. Met some cool ones who were "protecting and serving me" and had a few bend me over without lube.

Famous last words "I'm just detaining you for your safety and mine"

Never gotten outta cuffs once they go on

Usually if you have cuffs on you did something to put them there. I never seen a cop just randomly go around putting cuffs on people for no reason. lol.

GunsUp 01-22-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 16671)
Usually if you have cuffs on you did something to put them there. I never seen a cop just randomly go around putting cuffs on people for no reason. lol.

Nah Steve you're right. I made some stupid decisions when I was young that I'm still paying for today.

I'm not bashing I have respect for the law. It's a tough job with all the crazies running around I understand they have to be cautious. My record doesn't do me any favors when I get pulled over. Been a good while tho

Grandpa 01-22-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 16672)
Nah Steve you're right. I made some stupid decisions when I was young that I'm still paying for today.

I'm not bashing I have respect for the law. It's a tough job with all the crazies running around I understand they have to be cautious. My record doesn't do me any favors when I get pulled over. Been a good while tho

Everyone makes mistakes especially in our younger days. What's important is that you learn from them and not repeat those mistakes. I'm no different than you making my share of them over the years. Keep your head up and stay positive. :waytogo:

Special K 01-22-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 16661)
I know the spot. If i recall there is a sign stating no right turn on red there?

Yes, its been there since I can remember. Irving PD writes so many tickets when they hang at the Chevron!!!

STROKD 01-22-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l3g1t (Post 16481)
That's what they make 70k a year to do...

Sucks though maybe he was jealous?

they make fucken 70k a year?! holy shit Im gonna go be a plano cop. Just call me Brian Earl Spliner.

STROKD 01-22-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 16548)
I did that twice when I was in high school got away both times. Now I look back and think how stupid that was. Now I just pull over its not worth killing somebody and hell I don't even know why I took off I just saw the light and bolted. Dumb shit you do as a kid I guess.

lol, In Cali it was illegal for a stereo to be heard outside the vehicle past 50 feet... well, my Mustang and Integra you could hear from about half a mile... when I was playing it loudly, and passed a cop, Id just pause it and pull myself over... even before the cop would move sometimes. Confused the shit out a few of them, they'd be all "why did you stop", and I said "cause you are going to complain about my stereo, right?" half the time theyd laugh and just tell me to turn it down and let me go... was pretty funny to see their reactions... shit happened 2-4 times a WEEK, so I just started to help them pull me over so they wouldn't have to chase me...