Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Big nitrous build? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2395)

Toby 08-08-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 43517)
Quick trip is a top tier gas. My car has run on qt for 3 years now and has no problems making power.. Sounds like e85 problems

This^^ I only buy gas from race track or qt. never had a problem with either place.

Bearded Banger 08-08-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 43489)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aBsB...ature=youtu.be

said his car wasnt running right from bad gas

I was subpoenaed to Testify after this for witnessing rape.

Grandpa 08-08-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 43525)

LOL! Classic.

White_lightning 08-08-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 43522)
This^^ I only buy gas from race track or qt. never had a problem with either place.

race track is not top tier.. i avoid it

re-rx7 08-08-2013 10:15 AM

I usually try and get chevron if not then I get Shell.

re-rx7 08-08-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 43525)

Rofl:jester:

Junkie 08-08-2013 10:30 AM

I've also been told Racetrack and junk, I stick to Shell, Exxon, etc...

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-08-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 43514)
If it was bad gas wouldn't it run like shit from the whole tank and not just wot pull?

No, Gas and water don't mix. Jeff told me he put gas in his car and drove it home (right around the corner) Over nigh water and gas separate, Water on top and fuel on the bottom. Jeff states he drove the car and was beating on the car with no issues. Once jeff came to a stop he states he was right about or below a half. I can only assume he got it low enough that the water was introduced. of coarse it as he start to race someone.....lol Bad timing to race, Not jeffs fault

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 43517)
Quick trip is a top tier gas. My car has run on qt for 3 years now and has no problems making power.. Sounds like e85 problems

If jeff had E-85 I would for sure say its was just a bad tank of fuel (since E-85 attracts water maybe it was just old E), but this is on 93oct

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-08-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 43543)
I've also been told Racetrack and junk, I stick to Shell, Exxon, etc...

We have had two other customers come by with water in the fuel issues and they both had shell fuel as well. Different shell station than the one we had issues with. This has all been in the last 6 months

Grandpa 08-08-2013 10:41 AM

I always buy gas from the same place when we are near home. Any other time like on vacation or road trip I always try to buy from large name brand gas stations that have a separate pump for each octane rather than a shared pump for all octanes. A friend of mine who is a tech for Exxon told me that when you buy gas at pumps that share all octane levels you will get the same octane for about a gallon of the person who used the pump before you. Now, for most people on a stock motor that's not a big deal. But for someone on a boosted setup or built motor setup with a edgy tune and only pumping a few gallons to save weight, it could be an issue.

White_lightning 08-08-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43548)
I always buy gas from the same place when we are near home. Any other time like on vacation or road trip I always try to buy from large name brand gas stations that have a separate pump for each octane rather than a shared pump for all octanes. A friend of mine who is a tech for Exxon told me that when you buy gas at pumps that share all octane levels you will get the same octane for about a gallon of the person who used the pump before you. Now, for most people on a stock motor that's not a big deal. But for someone on a boosted setup or built motor setup with a edgy tune and only pumping a few gallons to save weight, it could be an issue.

yup.. race car problems:)
when i put gas in i fill the tank.. and i have a very conservative tune..
i think every number my car has put down has been on qt gas.. i guess once i have a race car like some of the mustangs ill have to go to shell :)

re-rx7 08-08-2013 10:53 AM

Well anyway if it was just fuel then a rematch is in order v

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-08-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43548)

I agree, Jeff said this is the only place he buys fuel and has never had a issue before. And I can tell you with as much driving as I do and as much fuel as I use I have never got a bad tank my self. Here at the shop we see 30+ cars a month for tuning and out of all of those cars everyone of the three were a shell gas issue. It is very uncommon to have bad fuel

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 08-08-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 43550)
Well anyway if it was just fuel then a rematch is in order v

I would still think the super charged car would win, But I think with jeff car running good. The blower car will have to be on its game to beat jeff N/A
car

STROKD 08-08-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 43520)
I've always heard QT sucks, good to know.

I've had bad luck. Friend had one across the street from him we filled the car up a few times and it lost plugs more than once... Never lost plugs at Chevron or Exxon.Maybe that station just sucked.