Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tornado Warning - Weatherford (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1741)

JDBishopArts 05-15-2013 11:05 PM

I made it up to Denton before the first round of storms went through. Bright green, rotating wall cloud. Looked beautiful and hit Denton and hooked east and broke up. Got a really good light show heading back towards Dallas. I was going to head south to intercept the granbury storm but it got too dangerous. Ran into hail in Dallas, turned around and came home. It's very dangerous out there. Too dark to see anything and rain wrapped.

blownaltered 05-15-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 30211)
I made it up to Denton before the first round of storms went through. Bright green, rotating wall cloud. Looked beautiful and hit Denton and hooked east and broke up. Got a really good light show heading back towards Dallas. I was going to head south to intercept the granbury storm but it got too dangerous. Ran into hail in Dallas, turned around and came home. It's very dangerous out there. Too dark to see anything and rain wrapped.

How big of hail in Dallas

Grandpa 05-15-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 30191)
Ill give a dfw50s discount to any members that get hail damage for roofing and restoration. Ask Steve about my work for a reference

I will vouch for Donnie. If anyone needs any kind of roof repair he is the go to guy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 30211)

Man, I'd love to storm chase. Would be so much fun to see some of those beasts in person, but from a distance! lol.

DirtyD 05-15-2013 11:24 PM

Tornado Warning - Weatherford

I imagine you take the Tahoe/Yukon? Lol

blownaltered 05-15-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 30215)
I will vouch for Donnie. If anyone needs any kind of roof repair he is the go to guy!

Man, I'd love to storm chase. Would be so much fun to see some of those beasts in person, but from a distance! lol.

I'm with you I've always wanted to see a tornado in person. From a distance, my ass doesn't want to be to close.

merlinmol 05-16-2013 12:04 AM

These kind of storms make me happy I am moving to a place with a garage... now to hope that my stang will be good tonight under the covered parking :gasp:

blownaltered 05-16-2013 12:11 AM

They just put Dallas and Collin county under a tornado watch till 1 am

Sieran 05-16-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smurf50 (Post 30209)
PC, currently building a massive island of awesome in Minecraft while I play CoD Blops2, and League of Legends.

Cool. I need to get back into Minecraft some since it has changed a lot. Mainly killing time with World of Tanks and Planetside 2 (free to play).

JDBishopArts 05-16-2013 12:18 AM

It was about dime to quarter size. No damage done to the Tahoe. I did find out that having all the storm chasing stickers on the truck gets you out of a ticket though. Lol

blownaltered 05-16-2013 12:51 AM

All warnings in the metro plex are gone.

re-rx7 05-16-2013 03:13 AM

I will never forget that monster that came through okc. Fastest wind speeds ever recorded on earth.

BlueBolt 05-16-2013 09:29 AM

Just an update from Granbury. Tornado hit on the opposite side of the lake from me. Major damage including casualties and missing persons. My house and property was unharmed from what I could tell in the dark but some of my coworkers got hit pretty hard. We saw hail up to the size of a grapefruit in our area. Going to check my roof this evening for damage.

Grandpa 05-16-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBolt (Post 30259)
Just an update from Granbury. Tornado hit on the opposite side of the lake from me. Major damage including casualties and missing persons. My house and property was unharmed from what I could tell in the dark but some of my coworkers got hit pretty hard. We saw hail up to the size of a grapefruit in our area. Going to check my roof this evening for damage.

Glad to hear you made it through it all okay. Count your blessings, my friend.

PM BlownAltered (Donnie) for your roof repairs.

BlueBolt 05-16-2013 10:19 AM

Yeah we are very lucky it didn't damage our house. The neighborhood that got hit hard is directly across the lake from us. My neighbor took one of the videos they are showing on the news.
I made need some roof repairs anyway. Mine was looking pretty bad before the storm. But I'll def hit him up if I need anything. Ill be checking it out tonight and tomorrow morning.

blownaltered 05-16-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBolt (Post 30270)
Yeah we are very lucky it didn't damage our house. The neighborhood that got hit hard is directly across the lake from us. My neighbor took one of the videos they are showing on the news.
I made need some roof repairs anyway. Mine was looking pretty bad before the storm. But I'll def hit him up if I need anything. Ill be checking it out tonight and tomorrow morning.

Just let me know I will be in that area the next few days looking at the damage and trying to make some contacts. If you want I can check it for you and let you know if you are ok.