Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Porsche vs Ford (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2386)

Grandpa 08-07-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 43417)
Also have you actually met a marine, SEAL, or Iraq vet....

LOL, I might know a lil something about that. Simulations in real world situations do very little to prepare anyone for real action. While it may give a vague idea of what the situation may be like, its never truly gives a real world experience. The only real, honest, factual results come from first hand experience. Everything else is just conjecture.

saunupe1911 08-07-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43418)
LOL, I might know a lil something about that. Simulations in real world situations do very little to prepare anyone for real action. While it may give a vague idea of what the situation may be like, its never truly gives a real world experience. The only real, honest, factual results come from first hand experience. Everything else is just conjecture.

I agree for the most part. Well said.

STROKD 08-07-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 43411)
My friend's BMW was a mechanical nightmare. Plastic water pumps, failing left and right, constantly overheating, replaced transmission twice and a crapload of over issues. Car was hardly beat on too. I also use to work in the service department at Park Place Mercedes as a valet. Those cars are 100% garbage in my opinion. Always failing for simple shit, and any maintenaince breaks the wallet.

If I go foreign, it will Japanese.

-Alex

lol, ok enjoy your pos jap crap too.

Edit, BTW, a BMW is not a Porsche. Porsche's can have problems too, but I wasnt talking about it breaking down or not. I was referring to the driving experience, connection to the road, ability to drive 3+ times the speed limit without fear of dying, the overall experience driving the car. They don't feel like boats floating down the road.

re-rx7 08-08-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 43485)
They don't feel like boats floating down the road.

Amen

Dominic Toretto 08-08-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 43485)
lol, ok enjoy your pos jap crap too.

Edit, BTW, a BMW is not a Porsche. Porsche's can have problems too, but I wasnt talking about it breaking down or not. I was referring to the driving experience, connection to the road, ability to drive 3+ times the speed limit without fear of dying, the overall experience driving the car. They don't feel like boats floating down the road.

Wow someone's a bit too polarized on the subject. Have a good day man.

-Alex

STROKD 08-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 43518)
Wow someone's a bit too polarized on the subject. Have a good day man.

-Alex

Grew up around Mustangs and Porsches/Benzes. I know a little about em, not some shit my friend told me or I read in Consumer Reports.

Dominic Toretto 08-08-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 43559)
Grew up around Mustangs and Porsches/Benzes. I know a little about em, not some shit my friend told me or I read in Consumer Reports.

:chewie:

-Alex

Grandpa 08-08-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 43559)

You don't know squat. Mexican blocks will hold a bazillion hp!!

STROKD 08-08-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 43565)
You don't know squat. Mexican blocks will hold a bazillion hp!!

Anything is possible, espicially for a "split" second