Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nothing like buying wheels.. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3696)

PCB 02-23-2014 08:48 PM

Little update.

Guy ended up paying to help with the refinishing. Somehow he thought I kept the wheels for 5 days before saying anything. The truth was they were stuck in snowmeggedon.

Sold the Downforce Wheels today. While cleaning my wheels wells I decided to paint the calipers. Should look good with the red caps and machined face wheels.

Hopefully will get them on tomorrow.

DirtyD 02-24-2014 01:46 AM

So he wasn't going to help out because he thought you were holding out? But when he found out you had just for the wheels, his mind changed?

PCB 02-24-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 65335)
So he wasn't going to help out because he thought you were holding out? But when he found out you had just for the wheels, his mind changed?

His entire argument revolved around a time table. He thought I had the wheels 5 days longer than I did. He questioned why I was just now emailing him. Guess he figured I threw them around a parking lot.

JDMLOL 02-24-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCB (Post 65340)
His entire argument revolved around a time table. He thought I had the wheels 5 days longer than I did. He questioned why I was just now emailing him. Guess he figured I threw them around a parking lot.

Interesting, because if you really had the product for a week or two and then claimed there was a problem it would've seemed a little fishy.

PCB 02-24-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 65413)
Interesting, because if you really had the product for a week or two and then claimed there was a problem it would've seemed a little fishy.

It would be fishy to anyone. He looked at the shipping history.

JDMLOL 02-24-2014 09:54 PM

Nothing like buying wheels..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCB (Post 65421)
It would be fishy to anyone. He looked at the shipping history.

One would think...

Good to hear you recooped some of your losses on the rework.

Craizie 02-24-2014 10:49 PM

Must be nice.

Dark Pony 02-25-2014 08:15 AM

PayPal loves to side with the buyer. I still have a set of 17x4 Racestars with tires on them sitting in my garage because some guy decided to screw me on a deal. Tires are fucked now and I'm stuck having to refund him $500 when I can't even sell them for that now that the tires are trashed.

PCB 02-25-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 65423)
One would think...

Good to hear you recooped some of your losses on the rework.

It was nice. I came down in my asking price for a refund. Trying to at least convey to him that I was being honest and not out for money. I got them on last night, and they came with the poopy red center caps. BARF

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craizie (Post 65425)
Must be nice.

??? I do not understand your post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 65453)
PayPal loves to side with the buyer. I still have a set of 17x4 Racestars with tires on them sitting in my garage because some guy decided to screw me on a deal. Tires are fucked now and I'm stuck having to refund him $500 when I can't even sell them for that now that the tires are trashed.

Paypal/eBay both side with the buyer. In some situations like mine its a good thing, but I have heard instances where it really hurts the seller.

DirtyD 02-25-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 65453)

Are you talking about that dude from Facebook that blew shit way over the top about the M&H tires? Dude, thats blows...