Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thoughts on Sterling being banned from the NBA? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4091)

blownaltered 05-01-2014 12:54 PM

We will see what happens in court. If anybody thinks this old fucker isn't going to fight this, they are dead wrong. He has more money than he can ever spend and doesn't like being told what to do. This could drag out for a while before the team ever gets sold.

So to the people that are ok with a private conversation that was recorded illegally being used to force him to sell his team. Are you ok with people losing their jobs because of things they say on facebook?

Grandpa 05-01-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 70826)
We will see what happens in court. If anybody thinks this old fucker isn't going to fight this, they are dead wrong. He has more money than he can ever spend and doesn't like being told what to do. This could drag out for a while before the team ever gets sold.

So to the people that are ok with a private conversation that was recorded illegally being used to force him to sell his team. Are you ok with people losing their jobs because of things they say on facebook?

Yeah, he definitely has the money to make this a long drawn out process.

As for the comments on FB thing, that is already happening. Many places are including FB as part of their background checks now along with other social media.

blownaltered 05-01-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 70828)
Yeah, he definitely has the money to make this a long drawn out process.

As for the comments on FB thing, that is already happening. Many places are including FB as part of their background checks now along with other social media.

I know it has that was my point. Now at least with facebook you are putting that out there on your own. Not something that was recorded without your knowledge.

03MachMe 05-01-2014 01:33 PM

Some jobs/positions you have to be mindful of what you say at all times or at least trust those you say it to. He was a bad judge of character and said the wrong thing to someone who had something to gain by it going public. If I was to be recorded saying the same thing and it becomes public, no matter how it was obtained, I would lose my job, my license, and every arrest I have made would be called into question. There are just some positions out there that no matter what if something about you becomes public you will lose your job

Dominic Toretto 05-01-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

I am absolutely okay with that. Nothing is private on Facebook and people are aware of that before hand. In
my opinion people need to respect their own privacy and post less on Facebook.

-Alex

JDMLOL 05-01-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 70831)
I am absolutely okay with that. Nothing is private on Facebook and people are aware of that before hand. In

my opinion people need to respect their own privacy and post less on Facebook.

-Alex

Exactly why I don't have Facebook. I don't care to read a bunch of bragging, complaining, or useless BS about other people's lives whom I don't even know or care about.

rlhay2 05-01-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

So to the people that are ok with a private conversation that was recorded illegally being used to force him to sell his team.

#1 If you are rich, pick a better class of money grubbing whore.
#2 He knew that if he EVER brought negative attention upon his fellow NBA owners that they would vote him out. This was known and agreed to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 70830)
There are just some positions out there that no matter what if something about you becomes public you will lose your job

And sometimes they are position dependent. An employee and a CEO can have different punishments for the same offense.

BERT 05-01-2014 05:28 PM

Sounds like Donnie is Sterling's grandson lol