Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Driving the Stang 600+ Miles this Thanksgiving. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=671)

Grandpa 11-20-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 10128)
Stop babying that beauty, Danny. If you don't have 5k miles on that car by Jan 1, I'm stealing your wheels. :D

I love those wheels. Almost bought a set until I came across the deal on my TF wheels. Danny's car was on my desktop for months!

GunsUp 11-21-2012 01:42 AM

Decided to tape up the Mirrors and the entire front Bumper.

Might add a a couple strips across the front of the hood and above the windshield in the morning.

I'm taking my bucket with detail kit in the truck so I can wash her and re-tape her for the drive back to Dallas.

OCD much? Nah I just love my car

03MachMe 11-21-2012 02:21 AM

And My wife thinks I'm bad lol

JDBishopArts 11-21-2012 10:10 AM

Have fun looking like a tard driving those 600 miles.

I'd at least put "follow me to the Texas Mile" or something on your car so some dignity can be spared. lol

I love my car too. And the 10k miles I've put on her since I bought it. Only wounds so far is 2 rock chips and a small scratch on the lower bumper when one of my signs fell off the wall.

Grandpa 11-21-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 10133)
Decided to tape up the Mirrors and the entire front Bumper.

Might add a a couple strips across the front of the hood and above the windshield in the morning.

I'm taking my bucket with detail kit in the truck so I can wash her and re-tape her for the drive back to Dallas.

OCD much? Nah I just love my car

Yay! Good thinking. Thats what i would do too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 10146)
Have fun looking like a tard driving those 600 miles.

I'd at least put "follow me to the Texas Mile" or something on your car so some dignity can be spared. lol

I love my car too. And the 10k miles I've put on her since I bought it. Only wounds so far is 2 rock chips and a small scratch on the lower bumper when one of my signs fell off the wall.

There is nothing wrong with being protective of his pride and joy. If you had $30k cash, would you throw it on the ground, stomp on it, throw it in water or whatever else mistreating it? No, so why do it with your car? Stuff happens in life, but some things can be avoided with proper planning. :)

Lol, my old age is showing in this post.

JDBishopArts 11-21-2012 10:53 AM

Steve. I totally understand your point but driving a car is not mistreating it. I love Mustangs. At the end of the day it's a Mustang. Heck, even if I had a Ferrari I doubt I would tape it up for a long trip.

It's a car. Not a piece of art. It would be like buying a camera and going, I really don't want to scratch the lens so I'm going to tape it up while I'm taking pictures. I clean my car about once a week. I keep my camera lens caps on at all times. I'm even super crazy when I swap lenses. I'll cap the camera even for about the 10 seconds it takes for me to swap lenses. No problem with taking care of your pride and joy but show that thing off if you're proud of it. Use it for what it's intended for.

Take care of it. Drive it hard, the way it's built and meant to be enjoyed.

Grandpa 11-21-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 10153)
Steve. I totally understand your point but driving a car is not mistreating it. I love Mustangs. At the end of the day it's a Mustang. Heck, even if I had a Ferrari I doubt I would tape it up for a long trip.

It's a car. Not a piece of art. It would be like buying a camera and going, I really don't want to scratch the lens so I'm going to tape it up while I'm taking pictures. I clean my car about once a week. I keep my camera lens caps on at all times. I'm even super crazy when I swap lenses. I'll cap the camera even for about the 10 seconds it takes for me to swap lenses. No problem with taking care of your pride and joy but show that thing off if you're proud of it. Use it for what it's intended for.

Take care of it. Drive it hard, the way it's built and meant to be enjoyed.

I agree with you, but you're kind of missing my point too. Part of the enjoyment of the experience for me is keeping it nice. I drive my car quite often, granted I don't go very far typically, but thats because I don't leave my area of town very often because everything I need is here. No, I don't drive my car hard right now, but thats because it's slow and that will change here shortly. lol

Part of the enjoyment for me isn't just driving it, but taking care of it. I wipe my car down after everytime I drive it. I frequently will do so when I get to a parking lot or a gas station. I get that this is over the top for most people, especially for those of you who have to drive their cars everyday regardless of weather.

JDBishopArts 11-21-2012 11:58 AM

No I get it. It's great to be proud of it.

Different strokes for different folks.

Midnight11 11-21-2012 12:02 PM

i just like my shit clean and i worked to hard and spent too much damn money to trash mine up lol

Grandpa 11-21-2012 12:04 PM

After the 98 Cobra, let's just say I've got a much greater appreciation for my new car. lmao. (Though, I really miss that screaming blower lol)

Grandpa 11-21-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 10161)
i just like my shit clean and i worked to hard and spent too much damn money to trash mine up lol

Absolutely. I'm sure after the accident with the last one you appreciate this one much more too.

Midnight11 11-21-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 10163)
Absolutely. I'm sure after the accident with the last one you appreciate this one much more too.

gf thinks i dont like this one as much haha

Grandpa 11-21-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 10164)

I dig it alot. LOVE the stance. :worthy:

BLK2012GT 11-21-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 10164)

I don't either. The other one was better looking.

46Tbird 11-22-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 10128)
Stop babying that beauty, Danny. If you don't have 5k miles on that car by Jan 1, I'm stealing your wheels. :D

3500 miles on the new engine.... that's since Sept 25

The car has 27500 on it now (typo in the other post).