Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NBA Fans (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1920)

Midnight11 06-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 34191)
As good as the Heat are, you have to "sports hate" them if you're a true Mavs fan!

if you are a true mavs fan how can you cheer for the spurs???

Grandpa 06-11-2013 10:31 AM

I was born and raised in L.A, I'm a Lakers fan first. :)

03MachMe 06-11-2013 10:36 AM

Re: NBA Fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34201)

Hate of the Heat > hate of the Spurs

Midnight11 06-11-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 34206)
Hate of the Heat > hate of the Spurs

its funny how everyone hates the heat bc 3 good players took less money to play on the same team...

DirtyD 06-11-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34207)
its funny how everyone hates the heat bc 3 good players took less money to play on the same team...

Not everyone hates them because of that.

I hate the egotistical attitudes that they have. Wade isn't as bad as Lebron and Bosh, but he it's exactly quiet either.

Play the game with respect and respect other players. It's okay to get pumped up after dunking on someone, or making them look like a fool on a fast break, but you don't have to get in their face to prove anything. Let your skills do the talking. Another reason I hate the bogus ass acting showing most of the faggits put on with the monster flops when a fly runs into them.

Midnight11 06-11-2013 10:53 AM

i think you just described every player in the league. its for entertainment...

Grandpa 06-11-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 34211)
Not everyone hates them because of that.

I hate the egotistical attitudes that they have. Wade isn't as bad as Lebron and Bosh, but he it's exactly quiet either.

Play the game with respect and respect other players. It's okay to get pumped up after dunking on someone, or making them look like a fool on a fast break, but you don't have to get in their face to prove anything. Let your skills do the talking. Another reason I hate the bogus ass acting showing most of the faggits put on with the monster flops when a fly runs into them.

:slap::facepalm::laughing1:

Bearded Banger 06-11-2013 11:09 AM

NBA Fans

Of course you like Miami Nic. That's where the Cubans dock and park their rafts. So I guess it okay for you. Spurs!!!

DirtyD 06-11-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34212)
i think you just described every player in the league. its for entertainment...

Exactly why I don't watch basketball, and why it hasn't been worth watching and paying attention to since the 90s.

Grandpa 06-11-2013 11:17 AM

You guys will have to forgive Gary's fairweather fanfare. Since moving to Texas, he's not used to be around so many people and isn't sure who to cheer for or being involved with a sport that doesn't involve peeing in the snow. lol.

Grandpa 06-11-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 34220)
Exactly why I don't watch basketball, and why it hasn't been worth watching and paying attention to since the 90s.

Then why are you commenting on it? :shakehead:

Bearded Banger 06-11-2013 11:33 AM

NBA Fans

Been watching Basketball my whole life. Actually been a Mavs fan my whole life too. Before Cuban was ever the owner.
Also like the Supersonics as a result I'm now an OKC fan.
Always a Bulls fan. Obviously because of the Jordan/pipped days. Jordan was a Carolina boy under Dean Smith.
I hardly consider myself a fair weather fan. I'd rather see that trophy in Texas than in Miami with those I'm larger than life, greatest thing to happen to the NBA, screw ove my hometown fans by having not one, but two circus'.
Go Spurs!!!
PS I've hated Miami before the big 3. Back to the 'ZO days.

DirtyD 06-11-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 34222)
Then why are you commenting on it? :shakehead:

Because I want to? :shrug:

Doug1227 06-11-2013 11:47 AM

Not cheering FOR the Spurs....cheering AGAINST the Heat! :)

Quote:

Doug1227 06-11-2013 11:49 AM

I've hated the Heat since that travesty that was the 2006 Finals.

46Tbird 06-11-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug1227 (Post 34229)
I've hated the Heat since that travesty that was the 2006 Finals.

ME TOO. Even Heat fans know that was a rigged, gimme championship. That shit STILL pisses me off bad.

Luke 06-11-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34200)
relatives in miami so yea i like them

I have relatives in California, that doesn't mean I have to suck cock!!

Quote:

Lesser of two evils for the Mavs fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34207)

Duncan took a smaller contract for the Spurs before the big 3 even came together. As did the Celtics...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 34224)
Been watching Basketball my whole life. Actually been a Mavs fan my whole life too. Before Cuban was ever the owner.
Also like the Supersonics as a result I'm now an OKC fan.
Always a Bulls fan. Obviously because of the Jordan/pipped days. Jordan was a Carolina boy under Dean Smith.
I hardly consider myself a fair weather fan. I'd rather see that trophy in Texas than in Miami with those I'm larger than life, greatest thing to happen to the NBA, screw ove my hometown fans by having not one, but two circus'.
Go Spurs!!!
PS I've hated Miami before the big 3. Back to the 'ZO days.

As a kid it was SA (home team), the Bulls (bc of Jordan obviously) and the Rockets (close to home and for some reason I liked them when I was a kid) so I know what you're saying.

Now the list goes SA, Texas based team, then Western Conference team.

03MachMe 06-11-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 34224)
I'd rather see that trophy in Texas than in Miami with those I'm larger than life, greatest thing to happen to the NBA, screw ove my hometown fans by having not one, but two circus'.

This! The whole I need a 1hr espn special to announce where I'm going to take my talents and circus / concert like introduction they had had to be the most self centered "hey look at me" thing I have ever seen. Have a press conference like the rest of the sporting world and I wouldn't have a problem with 3 big names on the same team. I really want to enjoy watching the big 3 because I'm sure it's going to go down in history as one of the best teams of all time but I can't stand people that full of themselves.

Luke 06-11-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 34233)
This! The whole I need a 1hr espn special to announce where I'm going to take my talents and circus / concert like introduction they had had to be the most self centered "hey look at me" thing I have ever seen. Have a press conference like the rest of the sporting world and I wouldn't have a problem with 3 big names on the same team. I really want to enjoy watching the big 3 because I'm sure it's going to go down in history as one of the best teams of all time but I can't stand people that full of themselves.

Agreed.

Too bad the "big 3" has faded into the "big 2," Bosh isn't needed on that "team." They should free up the salary room and get a big that can play D.

Grandpa 06-11-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 34233)

I personally don't pay any attention to the off court antics of the players, hype of the media and owners. It's all bullshit and big business. What matters is the amazing talents and physical abilities that some of these players possess.

As a Lakers fan the media would lead me to beleive that Kobe is the devil himself, but I don't care. He's one of the greatest players ever, someone who can truly be compared to Jordan (not surpass him of course).

I'd personally not rather get caught up in the off court nonsense that takes place because it takes away from the enjoyment of the game itself. I just rather enjoy the amazing talents that I've been able to witness over the years..Jordan, Johnson, Karreem, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Lebron etc. Each and every superstar you can find off court fault with if you look, but who cares. They are ball players, not saints.

Luke 06-11-2013 12:58 PM

You forgot Duncan :shrug:

re-rx7 06-11-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 34244)
I personally don't pay any attention to the off court antics of the players, hype of the media and owners. It's all bullshit and big business. What matters is the amazing talents and physical abilities that some of these players possess.

As a Lakers fan the media would lead me to beleive that Kobe is the devil himself, but I don't care. He's one of the greatest players ever, someone who can truly be compared to Jordan (not surpass him of course).

I'd personally not rather get caught up in the off court nonsense that takes place because it takes away from the enjoyment of the game itself. I just rather enjoy the amazing talents that I've been able to witness over the years..Jordan, Johnson, Karreem, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, Wade, Lebron etc. Each and every superstar you can find off court fault with if you look, but who cares. They are ball players, not saints.

I cant think of a fault with Kevin Durant?:Whoa:

Grandpa 06-11-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34245)
You forgot Duncan :shrug:

No, I didn't. Duncan is as boring as watching paint dry. I prefer dynamic players.

Bearded Banger 06-11-2013 01:00 PM

NBA Fans

Durantula is probably my favorite player in the NBA right now.

46Tbird 06-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 34247)
No, I didn't. Duncan is as boring as watching paint dry. I prefer dynamic players.

Tim Duncan = 4 rings
Allen Iverson = 0 rings

I'm just sayin.

Luke 06-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 34247)

That's why Stern hates Pop and the Spurs, fundamental basketball is no fun to watch for most, regardless of how good they've been for 16 straight seasons

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 34248)
Durantula is probably my favorite player in the NBA right now.

Same here, he can't be guarded. He can shoot from anywhere on the floor, over any player or can drive to the hoop stronger than most. He's going to have a great career, maybe he can make his way to a team a little farther down 35!

Luke 06-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 34253)
Tim Duncan = 4 rings
Allen Iverson = 0 rings

I'm just sayin.

But those were a boring 4 rings, lol

Grandpa 06-11-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34256)
But those were a boring 4 rings, lol

This and Duncan didn't do it by himself.

Grandpa 06-11-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Tim Duncan = 4 rings
Allen Iverson = 0 rings

I'm just sayin.

Who said anything about Iverson? I didn't.

I said I'm a Lakers fan. Now, you want to compare stats and who is more fun to watch of Duncan vs Kobe? lmao.

5 titles, just sayin..

Midnight11 06-11-2013 02:20 PM

Yea I agree the press conference was overboard and he even apologized for it. Lebron was the most hyped player to come in the league and he lived up to it IMO

Luke 06-11-2013 02:21 PM

I hate the Lakers, I wish I could bag on them but they'll always be a favorite, big market with big money.

And Duncan will have 5 in a few days!!

Luke 06-11-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34261)
Yea I agree the press conference was overboard and he even apologized for it. Lebron was the most hyped player to come in the league and he lived up to it IMO

He sure has, I'm not a fan of the Heat but how anyone can hate Lebron is beyond me. The guy is simply amazing on the court, there's nothing he can't do. It's only a matter of time before he passes Kobe in the record books, I think he'll be number 2 to Jordan.

Grandpa 06-11-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34263)
He sure has, I'm not a fan of the Heat but how anyone can hate Lebron is beyond me. The guy is simply amazing on the court, there's nothing he can't do. It's only a matter of time before he passes Kobe in the record books, I think he'll be number 2 to Jordan.

Jordan will always be number one, even if he isn't statisically.

DirtyD 06-11-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 34260)
Who said anything about Iverson? I didn't.

I said I'm a Lakers fan. Now, you want to compare stats and who is more fun to watch of Duncan vs Kobe? lmao.

5 titles, just sayin..

Kobe didn't do it by himself either. Just sayin'...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 34261)

He likes to over hype things it seems...

BLK2012GT 06-11-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Tim Duncan = 4 rings
Allen Iverson = 0 rings

I'm just sayin.

Duncan always had a supporting cast around him. I don't believe Iverson been on a good team that helped him out any.

Bearded Banger 06-11-2013 02:46 PM

NBA Fans

I don't deny that Lebron is an incredible player. I just don't care for his antics. Shut up and play. He also lacks the killer/finisher instinct that Jordan and Kobe have.

03MachMe 06-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34263)

I do think hate the way he plays, he is amazing to watch just hate how he carries himself. Like I said before can't stand people that full of themselves. Yes we all know your the best in the league but you could at least act a little humbled about it

Luke 06-11-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 34268)
I do think hate the way he plays, he is amazing to watch just hate how he carries himself. Like I said before can't stand people that full of themselves. Yes we all know your the best in the league but you could at least act a little humbled about it

He showed that off after that block on Splitter. It was a badass block, but then he just stood there reveling about it instead of joining his team down the court on offense.

BLK2012GT 06-11-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34269)
He showed that off after that block on Splitter. It was a badass block, but then he just stood there reveling about it instead of joining his team down the court on offense.

That's how all basketball ball players are when they get a block like that. So it's just not James that does that. And by the way I think that is when Miller hit a 3 pointer after that so they really didn't need James down the court anyways.

Luke 06-11-2013 03:05 PM

Some guys do some don't, they usually at least walk toward the other side, not that that's any better. The game doesn't take a timeout for a highlight reel! And I don't recall the play that followed but I just remember they were able to completely set up their offense and James was missing before they got a shot off. It wasn't in transition.