Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What should I do? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2041)

White_lightning 06-25-2013 04:03 PM

d1 > p1..

blownaltered 06-25-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36585)
d1 > p1..

wouldn't by a procharger unless it was an F1. Ive had the other version eat itself.

White_lightning 06-25-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 36587)
wouldn't by a procharger unless it was an F1. Ive had the other version eat itself.

umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..

Grandpa 06-25-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 36578)
Steve I think you should build the car how you want it, not how everyone else wants you to build it.

But to answer your question on the blowers, if it were my car with the current mods you have. I would go with a p1, stage 2 inter cooler, kb bap, and retune. With 12-13 lbs of boost it should make mid to upper 600's and be 100% reliable and fun.

Or if a twin screw is your choice then add a tvs with 10-12 lbs of boost, huge heat exchanger, large tank for the water and good sized pump. This will keep heat soak as minimal as possible and still be fun.

Either way it will be a fun car that is 100% reliable drive it anywhere in complete comfort, you can haul the family in it if needed.

I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.

Grandpa 06-25-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36594)
umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..

Well you just met one. Donnie's (blownaltered) P1sc ate itself and killed his motor in the process sending metal fragments through it.

Courtesy Flush 06-25-2013 05:18 PM

My suggestion is....leave it as it sits.
You've got some tasteful mods and subtle appearance mods making decent power safely and reliably. I know this isn't your first rodeo when it comes to modding cars so ill leave it at that.

Toby 06-25-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36585)
d1 > p1..

While I do agree, on these cars a p1 is plenty of blower to destroy the shortblock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36594)

This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36595)
I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.

Toby 06-25-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36600)
Well you just met one. Donnie's (blownaltered) P1sc ate itself and killed his motor in the process sending metal fragments through it.

It's not the first one I have heard of and will not be the last. I have also seen just as many vortechs and Paxton's do the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with the brand. I personally like prochargers because they are much easier to install, fit a shit ton better, require less modifications to install, look a million times better once installed and overall the brackets and materials are stronger/thicker.

Grandpa 06-25-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 36615)
This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.

LOL @ Prius comment. Very true!

I agree with your comment in regards to abuse. Thankfully I've slightly matured in my old age and don't beat on my car at every given opportunity, that is unless I'm hanging out with Donnie (blownaltered) then we both act like a couple of dumb kids with new toys. He's a bad influence! hahaha.

White_lightning 06-25-2013 06:57 PM

actually the only people i know who have killed any blower head unit were overspinning it so much that im shocked it didn eat itself first pull.. if you are 30% over spinning the blower its not going to be happy.. most people dont calculate the blower rpm.. they just slap some pullys on and hope for the best...

Dark Pony 06-25-2013 07:04 PM

I had big plans for my car after the mod bug bit me. I soon realized that all of this stuff adds up and eventually becomes so time consuming and expensive, that it takes a lot to be FAST. I then decided to do a few things to make the car stronger (transmission) and get my suspension dialed in (lots of stuff) with having the plan to eventually add a small 100 shot. After that I'll call it a day and move on to a fox body project (race car). I say all this because, I had to find out when enough is enough...and that is only something you can answer for yourself. We all have nice cars, but it should be a reflection of yourself, not other people.

STROKD 06-25-2013 07:51 PM

Fox Body hot rod woohoo! Please don't put a gd Coyote in it Dark...

I know shit about these cars, but it seems a centri blower is best way to wake it up.

Stangmaster281 06-25-2013 09:09 PM

If a roush supercharger is really what you want I'd say just wait and save up your money to get it.

merlinmol 06-25-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 36653)
I had big plans for my car after the mod bug bit me. I soon realized that all of this stuff adds up and eventually becomes so time consuming and expensive, that it takes a lot to be FAST. I then decided to do a few things to make the car stronger (transmission) and get my suspension dialed in (lots of stuff) with having the plan to eventually add a small 100 shot. After that I'll call it a day and move on to a fox body project (race car). I say all this because, I had to find out when enough is enough...and that is only something you can answer for yourself. We all have nice cars, but it should be a reflection of yourself, not other people.

Well said Johnathan:head3:

Dark Pony 06-26-2013 06:11 AM

I also thought about how adding big time mods to your car will take away drivability. I didn't want to do that to a 2013. I bought this car because of its potential, but I love how great it drove stock and that's not something I wanted to turn into a race car. Again, that's my opinion. That's why a fox body would be perfect to do that with! Steve, do whatever you like man! Whether its slower than Nic or it has a TVS on it...lol

Midnight11 06-26-2013 08:55 AM

Don't mod your daily! Lol

Grandpa 06-26-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 36730)
I also thought about how adding big time mods to your car will take away drivability. I didn't want to do that to a 2013. I bought this car because of its potential, but I love how great it drove stock and that's not something I wanted to turn into a race car. Again, that's my opinion. That's why a fox body would be perfect to do that with! Steve, do whatever you like man! Whether its slower than Nic or it has a TVS on it...lol

No more foxes for me. lol. Thanks for your input Jonathon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 36742)
Don't mod your daily! Lol

So, very, very true!

White_lightning 06-26-2013 10:00 AM

(1) Dont mod your daily driver.. TRUTH!!
(2) Go big or go home....
(3) Dont be a pussy steve..put a MAN blower on it and build the motor.. it's not an LS that you can make 800 rwhp on the stock motor and be fairly reliable:)

Grandpa 06-26-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36754)
(1) Dont mod your daily driver.. TRUTH!!
(2) Go big or go home....
(3) Dont be a pussy steve..put a MAN blower on it and build the motor.. it's not an LS that you can make 800 rwhp on the stock motor and be fairly reliable:)

LOL, I wish it was that easy as just build a motor and slap a blower on. Talking about a lot of coin there buddy.

White_lightning 06-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36760)
LOL, I wish it was that easy as just build a motor and slap a blower on. Talking about a lot of coin there buddy.

just save.. the good thing about having bought a mustang is you saved a bunch of money up front.. my hooptie was 37 when i bought it in 09 (although it was a good deal.. since sticker was 58k and it had sold the year before NEW for high 40s).

if my car was only mid 20s like a GT it would have been a LOT faster a LOT sooner lol

Grandpa 06-26-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36767)
just save.. the good thing about having bought a mustang is you saved a bunch of money up front.. my hooptie was 37 when i bought it in 09 (although it was a good deal.. since sticker was 58k and it had sold the year before NEW for high 40s).

if my car was only mid 20s like a GT it would have been a LOT faster a LOT sooner lol

Im not a baller like you. Lol

White_lightning 06-26-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36779)
Im not a baller like you. Lol

i'm just a broke ass immigrant.. Hardly a baller ...

re-rx7 06-27-2013 05:40 AM

800whp on a ls? That depends on which ls.