Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cobra Jet Intake and Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body has been ordered! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2689)

Midnight11 09-14-2013 10:38 AM

brent, i look forward to your results. will you be going back to e85 too?

re-rx7 09-14-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 49897)
re-rx7, you are correct but have you seen the Boss rods and pistons? They look and are nearly identical to a GTs except for the process in which they are made. They are also nearly the same weight so I don't think that argument can be used here...but I've been wrong before as my wife tells me :)

Id like to see the weights of both. With gd tuning I believe the bearing in the Coyote are up to the challenge however, detonation or crap timing would probally shorten their life alot. The CJ MAni looks awesom and Im looking forward to the results.

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 10:52 AM

I will be using e85 since it is a terrible fuel...with an intake that won't work...with valvetrain that can't handle it...with a gutted car...tuned by someone who can't tune (me)...with an auto because it is sooooo much easier than a stick...with drag radials that can't hook...with advancetrac turned on and limp mode enabled...all while running out of MAF.

Some of you guys must think I don't do research and just throw parts at the car. I have friends across the whole industry from when I used to have a race shop with a Dynojet up in Detroit. I read and talk to a lot of people before I buy or implement something. 36,000 miles and over 180 passes all while being the fastest stock converter bolton car in the country...I have no secrets and am willing to help everyone...just ask.

re-rx7 09-14-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 49901)
I will be using e85 since it is a terrible fuel...with an intake that won't work...with valvetrain that can't handle it...with a gutted car...tuned by someone who can't tune (me)...with an auto because it is sooooo much easier than a stick...with drag radials that can't hook...with advancetrac turned on and limp mode enabled...all while running out of MAF.

Some of you guys must think I don't do research and just throw parts at the car. I have friends across the whole industry from when I used to have a race shop with a Dynojet up in Detroit. I read and talk to a lot of people before I buy or implement something. 36,000 miles and over 180 passes all while being the fastest stock converter bolton car in the country...I have no secrets and am willing to help everyone...just ask.

Can I borrow some money?:head3: LOL

Id like to know where the stock Ecu in the 5.0 reaches it limits. When I had an Evo it was around 600whp or so before the Ecu just could not control the amount of CFM accurate. That being said before going Map alot of us were geting 550 on the stock maf.

BLK2012GT 09-14-2013 10:54 AM

Oh and it's a lease FTW!!!!!!!!

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 10:55 AM

Because its a lease I have money for car parts :) Its just like renting a house

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 49900)
Id like to see the weights of both. With gd tuning I believe the bearing in the Coyote are up to the challenge however, detonation or crap timing would probally shorten their life alot. The CJ MAni looks awesom and Im looking forward to the results.

The Boss and GT have the exact same forged crank and bearings :)

BLK2012GT 09-14-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 49904)
Because its a lease I have money for car parts :) Its just like renting a house

Lol you're funny.

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 11:01 AM

So are you :)

re-rx7 09-14-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 49905)
The Boss and GT have the exact same forged crank and bearings :)

I classify the gt and the boss 302 as the coyote. :nutkick:

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 11:11 AM

So do I and that's why I have the thoughts I do regarding what my motor can and can't do

re-rx7 09-14-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 49909)
So do I and that's why I have the thoughts I do regarding what my motor can and can't do

Id like to know where the stock Ecu in the 5.0 reaches it limits. When I had an Evo it was around 600whp or so before the Ecu just could not control the amount of CFM accurate. That being said before going Map alot of us were geting 550 on the stock maf.

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 49911)

So far from what I have heard is that it has not been a limit of horsepower but rather of cracking the ecu code to release more rpm. I don't know the MAF limit. Kevin Dunn can speak more on that

re-rx7 09-14-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 49912)
So far from what I have heard is that it has not been a limit of horsepower but rather of cracking the ecu code to release more rpm

So the tables allow for pretty much unlimited Cfm and rpm? Whats the limit of the stock maf?

Yagermeister 09-14-2013 11:24 AM

No, rpm right now is capped around 7800 in a GT processor. With some secrets I have tested a special tune from a tuner that got my car to shift at 8100. The Boss processor should be able to...kdanner with his Boss engine GT can chat more on this topic...cfm not capped in ecu.