Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tipping (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3631)

DirtyD 02-11-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 64151)
The few fast food-ish type places I go are Chipotle and Five Guys Burgers. They have a tip jar at the register. I don't get it, like why? You did the same thing anyone at McDonald's or Domino's would do. Hell I worked at Smoothie King for almost a year during college and there was a tip jar at the register. I didn't complain about getting tips, and I always flirted with the hotties that would come in but, still. That type of tipping just doesn't make sense to me.

-Alex

I've always felt that having a tip jar out is kind of an "honor" system, in sorts. Tip if you feel like tipping, if not, we won't hunt you down. Since most people at those types of places already make minimum wage, those tips are just divided between everyone else.

re-rx7 02-11-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 64151)
The few fast food-ish type places I go are Chipotle and Five Guys Burgers. They have a tip jar at the register. I don't get it, like why? You did the same thing anyone at McDonald's or Domino's would do. Hell I worked at Smoothie King for almost a year during college and there was a tip jar at the register. I didn't complain about getting tips, and I always flirted with the hotties that would come in but, still. That type of tipping just doesn't make sense to me.

-Alex

I dont understand the chipotle thing either. :yuno::yuno:

Grandpa 02-11-2014 11:24 AM

Why is it so hard to understand? They aren't holding a gun to your head. The people who work at those places don't make a lot of money and it wouldn't hurt to have a little more from people who appreciate the service they received. If it's appreciated, put a lil something extra in there. If you don't, then don't. It's not hard to understand. You guys are just being hard headed cheap asses.

STROKD 02-11-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftybusiness (Post 64153)
FYI
Im that guy where i go through a drive thru i pay for the persons behind me food.
Helps me kick fast food and gives a good feeling knowing i made someones day from just the littlest things.

That's really cool, I live in NRH let me know next time you go to a fast food place I'll follow you ;)
Seriously though 15% tip is pretty much my standard 20% if exceptional and if its horrible I will not tip, that has happened just a few times in my life.[/QUOTE]

My parents just moved back to NRH, off Iron Horse (across street from the 13th fairway. You live northern area or south of 820?

STROKD 02-11-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64175)
Why is it so hard to understand? They aren't holding a gun to your head. The people who work at those places don't make a lot of money and it wouldn't hurt to have a little more from people who appreciate the service they received. If it's appreciated, put a lil something extra in there. If you don't, then don't. It's not hard to understand. You guys are just being hard headed cheap asses.

Agreed. That said, i dont tip the jar, but I always tip my Sonic person. More if female and cute. Lmao

re-rx7 02-11-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 64184)
Agreed. That said, i dont tip the jar, but I always tip my Sonic person. More if female and cute. Lmao

:word:

Shiftybusiness 02-11-2014 12:21 PM

My parents just moved back to NRH, off Iron Horse (across street from the 13th fairway. You live northern area or south of 820?[/QUOTE]

I live just north of Midcities Blvd.

Shiftybusiness 02-11-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftybusiness (Post 64190)
My parents just moved back to NRH, off Iron Horse (across street from the 13th fairway. You live northern area or south of 820?

I live just north of Midcities Blvd.[/QUOTE]

Dominic Toretto 02-11-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64175)

How does that make someone cheap lol?

-Alex

DirtyD 02-11-2014 12:50 PM

I'll admit I'm cheap when it comes to tipping sometimes. But that being said, I can't afford to tip a couple of dollars if I eat out a lot because it starts to add up, and I'm not exactly stacked with cash right now.

Dominic Toretto 02-11-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64194)
I'll admit I'm cheap when it comes to tipping sometimes. But that being said, I can't afford to tip a couple of dollars if I eat out a lot because it starts to add up, and I'm not exactly stacked with cash right now.

I always tip at Bone Daddy's! They earn it.

-Alex

DirtyD 02-11-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 64195)
I always tip at Bone Daddy's! They earn it.

-Alex

I feel like a cradle robbing pervert at Bone Daddy's. Some of those girls are way to young for some of that stuff they wear.

Grandpa 02-11-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64198)
I feel like a cradle robbing pervert at Bone Daddy's. Some of those girls are way to young for some of that stuff they wear.

Agreed. Being the father of two little girls it's just...weird to me now. Add to that the food at Bone Daddy's is the usual mass chain subpar quality overpriced for what it is grossness.

TrueStreetTim 02-11-2014 01:51 PM

I tip everywhere unless service was plain crap. But I don't always hold that against the waiter/waitress. Not tip related but I was at Braums for lunch the other day and it took 25 minutes to get my food. By this time the whole place was packed with people waiting for orders. I'm certain it was not the person who took my order but probably the 2 jaggoffs that called in the day after the Super Bowl making everyone else work harder.

Outside of that; if your a not a fun person to be around....you don't get tipped well. Most of the time I could care less how long it takes my food to get to me etc.

My uncle is a pleasant man with a rather interesting way of tipping. He likes to place 10 one dollar bills on the table before he orders and says "this is your tip but one will be taken away as I choose.....and I like a lot of tea" lol. Kinda seems crappy but he always gets good service I give him that.

DirtyD 02-11-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64199)
Agreed. Being the father of two little girls it's just...weird to me now. Add to that the food at Bone Daddy's is the usual mass chain subpar quality overpriced for what it is grossness.

Yeah, the food there isn't really anything special either. Redneck Heaven has much better looking girls, IMO, and better food. And I've been there once, compared to Bone Daddy's twice.