Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW tuners (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4568)

kdanner 09-17-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74738)
Or maybe the shop just can't tune big builds coyote. 1 out of 4 isn't a good stat.

What big build coyote have they ever done? Haven't seen anything even approaching it.

Grandpa 09-17-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 74789)
What big build coyote have they ever done? Haven't seen anything even approaching it.

Kind of a grey area question, isn't? Wouldn't that depend on one's opinion on what a "big" build is? To one person doing a full build with a NA stroker could be a big build. To someone else, a big build would be a full 275/KOTH 3000hp car.

62nalide 09-17-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74782)
I'm down for any 1/8 mile runs :)
Im all motor but will line up

Anyone?

BLK2012GT 09-17-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

They have that boss with the turbo 400 and D1 that run mid 9's.

BLK2012GT 09-17-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

What's your definition of a big coyote build?

DR281 09-17-2014 06:11 PM

Wow!
There is definately two sides to every story!
Downtime, you were never put off or made to leave or avoided. It was the opposite. I jumped in your car as soon as you would arrive to try to find your complaints. Numerous times you drove the car and said it was good then later had an issue. I went for a ride with you and you said it was good and couldn't make the car act up.
I don't claim to be perfect or the only one capable of tuning a car. However if something is not right I will put in as much time is necesary to make it right. So to say you were avoided is a flat out lie.
There are no injectors designed for returnless or return so that's another lie. There are tons of boost a pumps that are wired up to run all the time with no issue. That does not cause a problem.
You knowingly bought used parts so don't make it seem like we put used parts on your car when you thought they were new.
I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted but you drove and raced the car across the country without issues.
If the other shop made it so perfect for you, why did you make it back to stock?
Again I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought or you weren't happy. However we would have done whatever necesary to make it right. No corners cut!

62nalide you are full of it!
Davids car has a problem and still does! A full bolt on coyote should not make 373rw on E-85.
We never tuned the car on E-85, so if you dynoed it with E-85 I'm sure it didn't perform correctly.
We tuned this car a long time ago and it only made 365rw. We told him something was not right. His answer was "I beat everyone".
Months later he decided to add longtubes. So we retuned it and it gained 0 hp. Still made 365rw. When we advised him that something was still not right. Now a full bolt on car with long tubes was making less then stock. When we said we needed to look further into it, he said he was going to sell it.
So with E-85 and this badass tune it made 373rw? Thats supposed to be good? Still less then stock? Wow!
It's no wonder it wasn't running good on E-85 with my 93 tune. However the badass tune was only 8rw over my 93 tune.
I spoke with Noah about this car and he said you are full of shit.
Unfortunately there are customers that are unhappy sometimes. However we will do everything in our power to try to make them happy. We have had deals were we lose money on jobs or bend over backwards to try to help someone. Sometimes people just choose to try something else.

62nalide 09-17-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74795)
Wow!
There is definately two sides to every story!
Downtime, you were never put off or made to leave or avoided. It was the opposite. I jumped in your car as soon as you would arrive to try to find your complaints. Numerous times you drove the car and said it was good then later had an issue. I went for a ride with you and you said it was good and couldn't make the car act up.
I don't claim to be perfect or the only one capable of tuning a car. However if something is not right I will put in as much time is necesary to make it right. So to say you were avoided is a flat out lie.
There are no injectors designed for returnless or return so that's another lie. There are tons of boost a pumps that are wired up to run all the time with no issue. That does not cause a problem.
You knowingly bought used parts so don't make it seem like we put used parts on your car when you thought they were new.
I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted but you drove and raced the car across the country without issues.
If the other shop made it so perfect for you, why did you make it back to stock?
Again I am sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought or you weren't happy. However we would have done whatever necesary to make it right. No corners cut!

62nalide you are full of it!
Davids car has a problem and still does! A full bolt on coyote should not make 373rw on E-85.
We never tuned the car on E-85, so if you dynoed it with E-85 I'm sure it didn't perform correctly.
We tuned this car a long time ago and it only made 365rw. We told him something was not right. His answer was "I beat everyone".
Months later he decided to add longtubes. So we retuned it and it gained 0 hp. Still made 365rw. When we advised him that something was still not right. Now a full bolt on car with long tubes was making less then stock. When we said we needed to look further into it, he said he was going to sell it.
So with E-85 and this badass tune it made 373rw? Thats supposed to be good? Still less then stock? Wow!
It's no wonder it wasn't running good on E-85 with my 93 tune. However the badass tune was only 8rw over my 93 tune.
I spoke with Noah about this car and he said you are full of shit.
Unfortunately there are customers that are unhappy sometimes. However we will do everything in our power to try to make them happy. We have had deals were we lose money on jobs or bend over backwards to try to help someone. Sometimes people just choose to try something else.

Ok if I'm so full of shit why did it run faster and mph more than what was done at HPP? I'm going to have to call Noah and question future business with him. If he did I'm full of shit. I took screen shots of this for reference.

kdanner 09-17-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74794)
What's your definition of a big coyote build?

I'd say the whole car front to back. Brakes, suspension, axle, engine, trans, chassis. Not the cheap garden variety off the shelf shit you see everywhere.

The build is one thing, then the execution has to happen, it has to perform as it should. An example of which would be Holbrook. 7.90 with a stick and a 2.9 whipple, right off the trailer first time out.

62nalide 09-17-2014 06:24 PM

And what was the response for not making power? You said transmission issues lol

ShortBus 09-17-2014 06:25 PM

So many lolz in this thread.

DR281 09-17-2014 06:32 PM

That's classy threaten him to not do business with him over him not agreeing with the shit you spout online.
Yeah I did think there could be something wrong with the transmission or converter. Since he has a stock converter and it flashes like he has a loose stall.
What do you suppose is wrong since you know everything? Full bolt on coyote with long tubes on E-85 that makes less then my stock auto car made?

62nalide 09-17-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74802)
That's classy threaten him to not do business with him over him not agreeing with the shit you spout online.
Yeah I did think there could be something wrong with the transmission or converter. Since he has a stock converter and it flashes like he has a loose stall.
What do you suppose is wrong since you know everything? Full bolt on coyote with long tubes on E-85 that makes less then my stock auto car made?

If I do business with someone and says I'm full of shit I don't need to do business with them. Can you please explain why it made the power and ran what it did leaving HPP? Even though it made what it made it ran very good thos weekend. How is it that Noah picked up that hp and all that tq over your tune?

DR281 09-17-2014 06:46 PM

It made what 8rw more than it made here? On E-85 instead of 93. To me thats no difference. You stated it was run on there dyno with E-85 on my tune. That would explain it not running right since I never got that far. I stopped when I realized there was still a problem. I didn't even finish tuning as I told the customer. I was more concerned with figuring out why it doesn't make the power it should.
Customer stated to me that the car ran great also when it was making 365rw the first time I tuned it. He also told me he beats everyone. That doesn't mean it's right.
Another example of how you can bend over to try to make something right but the customer just decides to go get another tune. Like that was the problem. Yet his car still make less than a stock car and now he is happy.

Grandpa 09-17-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74804)
It made what 8rw more than it made here? On E-85 instead of 93. To me thats no difference. You stated it was run on there dyno with E-85 on my tune. That would explain it not running right since I never got that far. I stopped when I realized there was still a problem. I didn't even finish tuning as I told the customer. I was more concerned with figuring out why it doesn't make the power it should.
Customer stated to me that the car ran great also when it was making 365rw the first time I tuned it. He also told me he beats everyone. That doesn't mean it's right.
Another example of how you can bend over to try to make something right but the customer just decides to go get another tune. Like that was the problem. Yet his car still make less than a stock car and now he is happy.

Could be the differences in the dynos and how they are set up as well. There is all kinds of variables something like that could be.

BLK2012GT 09-17-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74806)
Could be the differences in the dynos and how they are set up as well. There is all kinds of variables something like that could be.

I'm pretty sure he would know that. ;)

Grandpa 09-17-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74807)
I'm pretty sure he would know that. ;)

Of course he does. I wasn't correcting him, just adding to his comment more for those watching the conversation.

Yagermeister 09-17-2014 07:11 PM

62nalide, regardless of who tuned your car and how the dyno was setup (both are dynojets so I can trust the configuration to a better degree than some other type of dyno), I fail to see why you don't think something is wrong with your car. ANY coyote with those mods auto or stick should be minimum 400 rwhp and probably around 420 depending on gears and transmission...maybe even 430. To be saying one tune is better than the other is pretty flawed IMHO when both tuners aren't working with a car that is functioning right. Post up a datalog of each dyno run with measured Afr both banks, spark advance 2, ltft both banks, stft both banks, rpm, vehicle speed, knock sensor, and lambse both banks along with full list of mods and conditions both dynos were run in and also what correction both dyno runs used (sae or std) and a bunch of us here can help you maybe figure out what is wrong with the car.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:15 PM

I have to say this shop bashing shit is old beyond belief. It's like it's starting all over again. For the younger guys you don't realize how real this shit can get. This is how these guys make a living. Steve can tell you how bad things got when Gearheads and HPP were going at it. I was there at the track when both shop and customers had to be separated by the cops. This does build major bad blood. That's why I don't shop bash anymore. I take the unanimous everybody does it and everybody fucks up. For 2 reasons, they do and they do. Nobody or shop is perfect. Does every shop have more than one car that has given them a black eye, yes. None of them can deny it. That's why the nut swinging cracks me up. If you like a shop and want to refer them then do so but you don't have to come into a thread and bash the shit out somebody. As a matter of fact I know it has been almost a decade since that shit happened between Gearheads and HPP but I honestly would like to apologize to Manny for my behavior back then. I was young at the time and just didn't know any better. I hope some of you take my advise and learn from past mistakes.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74804)

No, he gained 29rwhp 80rwtq.
So a stock 5.0 can run 7.70s with a 1.80 60ft? Maybe the numbers are not on yhe screen but track #s don't lie. Best it ever ran out of hpp was a 8.15
Only reason I speak is because the owner is a younger guy I grew up with. I sent him to you and to hear and see his car run got to me. That's when PMP came into play

BLK2012GT 09-17-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74810)
I have to say this shop bashing shit is old beyond belief. It's like it's starting all over again. For the younger guys you don't realize how real this shit can get. This is how these guys make a living. Steve can tell you how bad things got when Gearheads and HPP were going at it. I was there at the track when both shop and customers had to be separated by the cops. This does build major bad blood. That's why I don't shop bash anymore. I take the unanimous everybody does it and everybody fucks up. For 2 reasons, they do and they do. Nobody or shop is perfect. Does every shop have more than one car that has given them a black eye, yes. None of them can deny it. That's why the nut swinging cracks me up. If you like a shop and want to refer them then do so but you don't have to come into a thread and bash the shit out somebody. As a matter of fact I know it has been almost a decade since that shit happened between Gearheads and HPP but I honestly would like to apologize to Manny for my behavior back then. I was young at the time and just didn't know any better. I hope some of you take my advise and learn from past mistakes.

That's fine but I think the CUSTOMER who spent the money has the right to bash and complain about the shop and work that was done. It doesn't need to come down to a fight and all but shit still needs to be said.

Yagermeister 09-17-2014 07:24 PM

62nalide, if he has the boltons you mentioned he doesn't have a stock 5.0.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74796)
Ok if I'm so full of shit why did it run faster and mph more than what was done at HPP? I'm going to have to call Noah and question future business with him. If he did I'm full of shit. I took screen shots of this for reference.

You act like all the shops in Dallas are at war and don't talk to each other. They damn near all talk to each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been at one shop and another shop will call to see if they had a part or a question about something.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74814)
You act like all the shops in Dallas are at war and don't talk to each other. They damn near all talk to each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been at one shop and another shop will call to see if they had a part or a question about something.

Dude I know how this works. I am not new to this.
Thanks though.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 74813)
62nalide, if he has the boltons you mentioned he doesn't have a stock 5.0.

Yes I know, he mentioned it made less power than 5.0
So I mentioned if a stock 5.0 can hit 7.70s what we did.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74812)
That's fine but I think the CUSTOMER who spent the money has the right to bash and complain about the shop and work that was done. It doesn't need to come down to a fight and all but shit still needs to be said.

Granted this is true to an extent. But when does that time expire. Do we have to hear the same fucking story for 10 years. I know I'm exaggerating but you get my point. Voice your opinion and then let it go. Trust me I could have a field day about Gearheads but what does it accomplish. The customers of theirs aren't leaving because of what I say and eventually you end up sounding like a dick and nobody will pay any attention to you. There is a fine line.

ShortBus 09-17-2014 07:30 PM

What's with all these "youngster" comments. Not really sure how age has any reverence with having an opinion about a shop that has done shit work to their car or close friends? TS is a joke. They never take any responsibility in they piss poor work.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74815)
Dude I know how this works. I am not new to this.
Thanks though.

If you think those numbers are good then you are new to this. :favorites37:

ShortBus 09-17-2014 07:31 PM

The shit that has happened to Jeff lol he has a life time hall pass

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortBus (Post 74818)
What's with all these "youngster" comments. Not really sure how age has any reverence with having an opinion about a shop that has done shit work to their car or close friends? TS is a joke. They never take any responsibility in they piss poor work.

And how much woke was done on your car there?

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74819)
If you think those numbers are good then you are new to this. :favorites37:

What numbers? Track or dyno?
The track numbers are there lol
Car has LT CAI Exhaust and E85 tune
7.70s is good for a car on 20s lol

DR281 09-17-2014 07:34 PM

The numbers you speak of came from running my 93 tune with E85 fuel. Those are flawed numbers. I made numerous pulls with that car making 36xrw. Which is not right. As I said I didn't even finish tuning because I wanted to figure out the real problem. That's when he said he was going to make it back to stock & sell it.
Btw my 2011 stock with a cold air & tune ran 7.7 with stock 3.15 gears. I'm sure 3.73 would have helped.
Why don't you check what a full bolt on auto with 3.73 should run. Either way. If he is happy, that's all that matters. Good luck to him. Just wanted to get the other side of the story out.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74823)
The numbers you speak of came from running my 93 tune with E85 fuel. Those are flawed numbers. I made numerous pulls with that car making 36xrw. Which is not right. As I said I didn't even finish tuning because I wanted to figure out the real problem. That's when he said he was going to make it back to stock & sell it.
Btw my 2011 stock with a cold air & tune ran 7.7 with stock 3.15 gears. I'm sure 3.73 would have helped.
Why don't you check what a full bolt on auto with 3.73 should run. Either way. If he is happy, that's all that matters. Good luck to him. Just wanted to get the other side of the story out.

I am aware of what they run with great DA and track prep. As you saw he was on 20s with a shitty nt05 tire. Either way we tired our luck at hpp. You have tuned a few of my budy's boosted fox bodys and they had awesome results. Unfortunately we didn't and I know the customer service doesn't reflect on you but man your front desk guys should get retrained on that subject. 2 weeks turned into 2 months.

DR281 09-17-2014 07:50 PM

He was well aware of the time frame when he dropped the car off. He knew he did not have a scheduled appointment and would get done when there was an opportunity. He was presented with both options. You can schedule it in and it will be done right away or you can leave it to get done when we have a chance. He was never promised 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. The headers were installed & put on the dyno in a matter of 2 weeks either way. Then we found that the car gained 0 hp with the addition of long tubes & still seemed like something was wrong. So we then began discussing options from there.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74825)
He was well aware of the time frame when he dropped the car off. He knew he did not have a scheduled appointment and would get done when there was an opportunity. He was presented with both options. You can schedule it in and it will be done right away or you can leave it to get done when we have a chance. He was never promised 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. The headers were installed & put on the dyno in a matter of 2 weeks either way. Then we found that the car gained 0 hp with the addition of long tubes & still seemed like something was wrong. So we then began discussing options from there.

Ask Jose what he said when everything was prepaid. Ask what he promised.
But what happened happened. We moved on with it. Thanks.

Doug1227 09-17-2014 07:55 PM

HPP removed my KB, pulled my motor, installed the Aluminator, KB and a return system, and tuned it in a week!

Midnight11 09-17-2014 08:00 PM

Hpp installed my oil pump gears in one day

blownaltered 09-17-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 74828)
Hpp installed my oil pump gears in one day

Has this thread really gotten to the point where we are now comparing how long it took a shop to install something. This is fucking stupid. Alright shops from now on I want a stop watch at every lift so we can get exact times on how long you worked on cars and compare.

ShortBus 09-17-2014 09:15 PM

I wouldn't let that hack job shop touch my 10 speed huffey. I don't have shops work on my car, my friends work on it and currently am using a Lund tune but going to be switching to HP tuners shortly and having another friend tune.

Stangmaster281 09-17-2014 09:16 PM

Either it's that time of the month for DFW5.0s or there is just alot of sexual tension in this thread. Could be both.....not sure yet...

ShortBus 09-17-2014 09:17 PM

It's funny like I said you call all the "youngsters" nutswingers when are the one getting butt hurt when someone says that dislike TS.