Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW 5.0s Callout Lists (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2435)

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48492)
It's only whining from a few people :smiley-face-popcorn

As always...

Grandpa 09-04-2013 04:42 PM

I was only whining about no activity. :D

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 48494)
I was only whining about no activity. :D

Not you.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 48497)
Not you.

What he said ^^

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:49 PM

DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48500)
DirtyD, since you are no longer on the list would you mind changing your avatar?

Thanks!

Yeah, sorry. Just keep forgetting to do so when I'm online and not on my phone.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 04:53 PM

No problemo!

DirtyD 09-04-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 48504)
No problemo!

Changed. :bowdown:

STROKD 09-04-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG Fox (Post 48485)
from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.

Not all of us... Junkie, Steve, 46TBird, myself etc race on street and do just fine down the track. But I see where you were going with the comment.

Yagermeister 09-04-2013 05:12 PM

Even the guys up in Oklahoma race from a dig even though they are on the street. So does BoostedGT in Fort Worth and these guys are sub 5 sec cars in the 1/8th

blownaltered 09-04-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.

your car makes 25hp so it doesn't stand a chance anyways :popcorn:

KungFuHamster 09-04-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

For the most part this is true. Roll racing does not involve a lot of driver skill.

However, I will say that because I leave a lot of ET on the track doesn't necessarily mean I'm a shitty driver. I, like others, can't afford to break my tranny (or anything else), so I granny shift it. I'm on stock tires.

But I'm also more comfortable on the street and racing on the street is a completely different animal. Also, I race at the track like I do on the street (i.e. I leave the baby seat in, I don't mess with tire pressure...I make NO changes to the car).
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I don't race my car much, this is true...but apparently I know it well enough to run within .005 second in a stick car.

This whole list thing has gotten foolish. I was going to throw my name in the hat and try to have some fun with it, but it would seem like its too much of a hassle. :emotions133:

blownaltered 09-04-2013 05:26 PM

My car won't be going down the drag strip because its a convertible. Anything faster than a 13.49 and I have to have a cage. I'm not putting a cage in my car, its to damn nice of a car to put a stupid cage in. So the only pulls I get are in Mexico but then again I really don't do that often unless its me and Steve screwing around.

Midnight11 09-04-2013 05:38 PM

Someone come get some Friday night :D

wbt 09-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster (Post 48511)
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I was following you until the quoted statement.

So let's say for example I have drag radials on my car at all times. (Which I do. Both sets of tires I use [DD and track] are DOT legal.) I am out running an errand and you pull up next to me at a light and I entertain your offer to race.

Do you honestly think you car is going to get better traction on an all season radial vs. the drag radial I am on? Maybe in the rain.

Do you think you are going to get better traction on the street from a dig vs. at the track?

Do you think because on the street your car is going to gain some magical advantage?

I could care less about street racing but your post contains some highly illogical reasoning. Is Jeff posting under your account?