Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Friday night meet - Coit and 190 (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1574)

Grandpa 07-29-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 42370)
Probally a gd idea to start checking a alternate location.

Negative. We've had that meet there nearly a decade now. Its a great location and been trouble free. Only recently has there been an issue because people aren't being smart about it. You can't go 7-10 cars deep with a bunch of loud ass cars and not expect to get attention. Plus they weren't waiting until late enough at night. IF they were going to do it, only two cars at a time and much later in the evening. Personally, I don't race at the meet. I just go to hang out and check out the cars.

re-rx7 07-29-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 42380)
Personally, I don't race at the meet. I just go to hang out and check out the cars.

Same

thelandshark 07-29-2013 09:46 AM

Yea I just go to look and meet ppl I like to watch the races but my slow ass v6 can't even keep up with the slowest import out there I got the v6 that sounds like its going 120 but only going 20

JDMLOL 07-29-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 42375)
here's a radical idea.. dont race RIGHT where the meet is...

This. The only time I ever went to this meet there was an officer or two checking up on us.

Junkie 07-29-2013 11:58 AM

Break the law, get caught, get written up.

That simple, nothing to do with the meet IMO. Could happen anywhere to anyone.

03MachMe 07-29-2013 12:29 PM

I know a few troopers and they know of the meet and they know where you guys like to go to race. Its just if they have time to go watch for it or not. Moving the meet won't help

White_lightning 07-29-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 42428)
I know a few troopers and they know of the meet and they know where you guys like to go to race. Its just if they have time to go watch for it or not. Moving the meet won't help

they have known for years.. What surprises me is that no one does what the highway guys would do back in the day..

Have a car roll up ahead... and one rolling way behind and spot...
Obviously.. i dont remember the last time i raced on the street.. that shit is illegal .. so this is all just hypothetic :)

It's all a game of Odds..
X miles of freeway... if you have some one ahead and behind, it does not eliminate your chance of getting caught but it reduces it.
The problem comes in when 3 cars go to race and 20 slow POF's go to follow and watch.... then you have a cluster fuck.

I know when the Old school highway guys would go out.. you could make 3 laps of the toll way and not pass another soul.

BLK2012GT 07-29-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 42438)
they have known for years.. What surprises me is that no one does what the highway guys would do back in the day..

Have a car roll up ahead... and one rolling way behind and spot...
Obviously.. i dont remember the last time i raced on the street.. that shit is illegal .. so this is all just hypothetic :)

It's all a game of Odds..
X miles of freeway... if you have some one ahead and behind, it does not eliminate your chance of getting caught but it reduces it.
The problem comes in when 3 cars go to race and 20 slow POF's go to follow and watch.... then you have a cluster fuck.

I know when the Old school highway guys would go out.. you could make 3 laps of the toll way and not pass another soul.

Well you got dumbass kids these days that are spoiled by 400 hp mustangs so they want to race before they think. When I did my street racing over 10 years ago I rarely got caught actually racing, but when I did get caught I got tickets for spectating a illegal racing event.

re-rx7 07-29-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 42442)
Well you got dumbass kids these days that are spoiled by 400 hp mustangs so they want to race before they think. When I did my street racing over 10 years ago I rarely got caught actually racing, but when I did get caught I got tickets for spectating a illegal racing event.

In Oklahoma the odds of not getting caught are in our favor. LOL

Rebelracer568 07-29-2013 03:17 PM

I stick to hanging out at the meet. I have no intentions on being stupid and getting car taken away. Thats what they make race tracks for. Streetracing been done since the early 90's what we have today aint street racing. Its just drive as fast as we can on a busy highway blocking traffic.

thelandshark 07-29-2013 03:30 PM

Yea I'm cool with just going to the meet I'm a broke ass an can't affourd tickets so I try not to race inless messing with my buddy up to like 75 80 most cops let that shit slide but I know we watched the viper and phuck face car just to see how it pulled but car was haveing issues hopefully he gets it fixed uo

Oxford14Stang 07-29-2013 03:36 PM

I use to go to the street races with my dad when I was much younger, 90s early 00s they always had walky-talkys and the cars that showed up to race would run. Nothing more nothing less. But agreed we need to send cars in front and if the coast is clear hit the hazards and a car behind to watch for ones passing it hopping on, and flash headlights if all goes to hell.

STROKD 07-29-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 42428)

I like racing on Preston. (Inside joke for Steve)

Grandpa 07-29-2013 04:40 PM

I can confirm that 130mph on Preston is possible and the dumbest idea ever.

STROKD 07-29-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 42492)
I can confirm that 130mph on Preston is possible and the dumbest idea ever.

130?:ROFLJest:
Its covert and no DPS there...