Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thking bout a new ride. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3911)

The Joker 03-31-2014 08:17 PM

You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker (Post 68458)
You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.

I think my car is sold. If it is Ive got to make a decision.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 68453)
My Evo actually cost more then the stang. No, I just get tired of hearing how great Ls engines are when ford produces engines that do just as well.

Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68461)
Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.

I can agree with this. Im not sure what to get next. Im leaning toward a Boss 302 or a new base 14 with SC.

STROKD 03-31-2014 08:46 PM

Rx, what Steve and I are grtting at is MODDING the shit out of the cars, the LS motors hold up better...

Grandpa 03-31-2014 08:46 PM

If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68465)
If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.

The only way I could SC it is if i buy new from ford. I really like the Idea the only drawback would be it being a base car. I know you gys know quite a bit about SC's. How does the FRPP Blower do? If it sucks then I might as well get a premium brembo/recaro car.

Grandpa 03-31-2014 09:26 PM

The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.

zsommer79 03-31-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jng2985 (Post 68455)
Wouldn't the trolls be the ones who once owned only to move on else where? Hard to make new friends.......

Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.

re-rx7 03-31-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68469)
The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.

Besides being a huge heat sink LOL

Dark Pony 03-31-2014 09:59 PM

Admin of a Mustang Forum...owns a Cadillac...

jng2985 03-31-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 68470)
Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.

What if they're a level 99?

KurvStr8nr 03-31-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68476)

Truth is always stranger than fiction...

Grandpa 03-31-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 68476)

And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol

Stangmaster281 04-01-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68491)
And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol

Gee wiz mister your really really old.