Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Friendly fun runs - Any 5.0's want to race? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4269)

46Tbird 07-23-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 73734)
I'm thinking about going to TMS for the last event Friday night.

Dude - of all places. It's known to be a deathtrap with zero traction and no timeslip. Is there some reason you're avoiding a real track in your stock CTS-V?

Quote:

Zeek had to have the Jaws of Life get him out of his car last week.
I see he posted, so is he okay now?

Zeek 07-23-2014 07:19 PM

Just a broken hand.......

DirtyD 07-23-2014 07:44 PM

Glad you're okay, Zeek.

Steve, it's cheaper to get in and race at Ennis than it is to race at TMS for possibly just one round.

Grandpa 07-23-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 73740)
Dude - of all places. It's known to be a deathtrap with zero traction and no timeslip. Is there some reason you're avoiding a real track in your stock CTS-V?

I see he posted, so is he okay now?

Going with a group of friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 73742)
Just a broken hand.......

lol..riiight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 73743)
Glad you're okay, Zeek.

Steve, it's cheaper to get in and race at Ennis than it is to race at TMS for possibly just one round.

Its free to get in for me =)

DirtyD 07-23-2014 09:58 PM

Do the car show and take some laps on the track. That will be way more fun

Grandpa 07-23-2014 10:42 PM

Nah. The V isnt a show car type car. Its just a daily. I will get my toy at some point. No rush.

DirtyD 07-23-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 73747)
Nah. The V isnt a show car type car. Its just a daily. I will get my toy at some point. No rush.

Trust me, you would blow away most of the cars that "show". Lol

Grandpa 07-24-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 73749)
Trust me, you would blow away most of the cars that "show". Lol

LOL, that bad huh? I'm just going to hang out with some friends. I know the surface out there is crap and have no intention to run.

As for ET's, I don't give two shits about what ET's this heavy slow turd can run. This is my daily, it just happens to be a lil fun to drive and can fit my kids in it when needed. If I can get in a few races with it against some of the Stangs around here that's just a fun bonus.

DirtyD 07-24-2014 12:09 PM

There are a couple of good looking autos for sure, a few classics. But everything else I've seen show the few times I was out there were nothing to brag home about.

Courtesy Flush 07-24-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 73752)
There are a couple of good looking autos for sure, a few classics. But everything else I've seen show the few times I was out there were nothing to brag home about.

Since anyone can drive on the track and the show being open to anyone and all car types you tend to get that. Saw a few 1,000hp supras, 800hp evox, a few nice fox bodys and supercharged c7's. They do the parade laps around the track in 3-4 groups at a time, so try to be with a group of faster cars for the best experience. They despise passing, so getting stuck with a group of diesel trucks with a rollin coal stickers just sucks.

DirtyD 07-24-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 73753)
Since anyone can drive on the track and the show being open to anyone and all car types you tend to get that. Saw a few 1,000hp supras, 800hp evox, a few nice fox bodys and supercharged c7's. They do the parade laps around the track in 3-4 groups at a time, so try to be with a group of faster cars for the best experience. They despise passing, so getting stuck with a group of diesel trucks with a rollin coal stickers just sucks.

GLad to know that the show has already gotten better.

I still wish they didn't charge so much

Courtesy Flush 07-24-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 73754)
GLad to know that the show has already gotten better.

I still wish they didn't charge so much

Its hit and miss. $20 is steep for what you get and im surprised its stayed that price. I will say though the amount of people in the grand stands seems to get less and less....

Grandpa 07-24-2014 02:22 PM

It's $20 bucks, not a lot of money. Like 1/3 of a tank of gas. lmao.

DirtyD 07-24-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 73755)
Its hit and miss. $20 is steep for what you get and im surprised its stayed that price. I will say though the amount of people in the grand stands seems to get less and less....

I think it will eventually bit the dust.

But, at the same time our temperatures have gone up drastically lately, so that may be contributing.

I'd rather spend my $20 on gas to the store for some Shiners, then back home and watch TV. :D

Courtesy Flush 07-24-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 73757)
It's $20 bucks, not a lot of money. Like 1/3 of a tank of gas. lmao.

My retirement plan hasn't kicked in like yours just yet, so i still try to budget. :D