Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What should I do? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2041)

Dark Pony 06-25-2013 07:04 PM

I had big plans for my car after the mod bug bit me. I soon realized that all of this stuff adds up and eventually becomes so time consuming and expensive, that it takes a lot to be FAST. I then decided to do a few things to make the car stronger (transmission) and get my suspension dialed in (lots of stuff) with having the plan to eventually add a small 100 shot. After that I'll call it a day and move on to a fox body project (race car). I say all this because, I had to find out when enough is enough...and that is only something you can answer for yourself. We all have nice cars, but it should be a reflection of yourself, not other people.

STROKD 06-25-2013 07:51 PM

Fox Body hot rod woohoo! Please don't put a gd Coyote in it Dark...

I know shit about these cars, but it seems a centri blower is best way to wake it up.

Stangmaster281 06-25-2013 09:09 PM

If a roush supercharger is really what you want I'd say just wait and save up your money to get it.

merlinmol 06-25-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 36653)
I had big plans for my car after the mod bug bit me. I soon realized that all of this stuff adds up and eventually becomes so time consuming and expensive, that it takes a lot to be FAST. I then decided to do a few things to make the car stronger (transmission) and get my suspension dialed in (lots of stuff) with having the plan to eventually add a small 100 shot. After that I'll call it a day and move on to a fox body project (race car). I say all this because, I had to find out when enough is enough...and that is only something you can answer for yourself. We all have nice cars, but it should be a reflection of yourself, not other people.

Well said Johnathan:head3:

Dark Pony 06-26-2013 06:11 AM

I also thought about how adding big time mods to your car will take away drivability. I didn't want to do that to a 2013. I bought this car because of its potential, but I love how great it drove stock and that's not something I wanted to turn into a race car. Again, that's my opinion. That's why a fox body would be perfect to do that with! Steve, do whatever you like man! Whether its slower than Nic or it has a TVS on it...lol

Midnight11 06-26-2013 08:55 AM

Don't mod your daily! Lol

Grandpa 06-26-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 36730)
I also thought about how adding big time mods to your car will take away drivability. I didn't want to do that to a 2013. I bought this car because of its potential, but I love how great it drove stock and that's not something I wanted to turn into a race car. Again, that's my opinion. That's why a fox body would be perfect to do that with! Steve, do whatever you like man! Whether its slower than Nic or it has a TVS on it...lol

No more foxes for me. lol. Thanks for your input Jonathon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 36742)
Don't mod your daily! Lol

So, very, very true!

White_lightning 06-26-2013 10:00 AM

(1) Dont mod your daily driver.. TRUTH!!
(2) Go big or go home....
(3) Dont be a pussy steve..put a MAN blower on it and build the motor.. it's not an LS that you can make 800 rwhp on the stock motor and be fairly reliable:)

Grandpa 06-26-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36754)
(1) Dont mod your daily driver.. TRUTH!!
(2) Go big or go home....
(3) Dont be a pussy steve..put a MAN blower on it and build the motor.. it's not an LS that you can make 800 rwhp on the stock motor and be fairly reliable:)

LOL, I wish it was that easy as just build a motor and slap a blower on. Talking about a lot of coin there buddy.

White_lightning 06-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36760)
LOL, I wish it was that easy as just build a motor and slap a blower on. Talking about a lot of coin there buddy.

just save.. the good thing about having bought a mustang is you saved a bunch of money up front.. my hooptie was 37 when i bought it in 09 (although it was a good deal.. since sticker was 58k and it had sold the year before NEW for high 40s).

if my car was only mid 20s like a GT it would have been a LOT faster a LOT sooner lol

Grandpa 06-26-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36767)
just save.. the good thing about having bought a mustang is you saved a bunch of money up front.. my hooptie was 37 when i bought it in 09 (although it was a good deal.. since sticker was 58k and it had sold the year before NEW for high 40s).

if my car was only mid 20s like a GT it would have been a LOT faster a LOT sooner lol

Im not a baller like you. Lol

White_lightning 06-26-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36779)
Im not a baller like you. Lol

i'm just a broke ass immigrant.. Hardly a baller ...

re-rx7 06-27-2013 05:40 AM

800whp on a ls? That depends on which ls.