Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   dynoing the car today (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1918)

Oxford14Stang 06-07-2013 02:23 PM

Not going to lie , if there isn't a OBD ll port I don't know anything about it. Would love to learn though

Slow Five-O 06-07-2013 02:23 PM

Re: dynoing the car today

All you need is a screw driver and a timing light!

03MachMe 06-07-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33711)

Most of these young kids now don't know how to do squat to their own cars anymore that doesn't involve plastidip or switching a plastic bodypiece. lol.

Says the guy who needed me to come over and install his axle back...

I have never built a motor but I am a quick learner and can follow instructions. I had never done much suspension till josh's but learned and now have done a few others and my own. Everything on the Mach and the 5.0 was done by me or I helped do it. And everything from here out will be the same, other than the tune. So I wouldn't say most of us "young" guys don't know anything but there are more than there should be.

Grandpa 06-07-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 33752)

I have never built a motor but I am a quick learner and can follow instructions. I had never done much suspension till josh's but learned and now have done a few others and my own. Everything on the Mach and the 5.0 was done by me or I helped do it. And everything from here out will be the same, other than the tune. So I wouldn't say most of us "young" guys don't know anything but there are more than there should be.

LOL, there is nothing wrong with having someone show you do something who has done it before, saves time and frustration. I would figured it out, but it would have taken me longer and you offered to help out which I appreciate very much. Now I could do it easily thanks to your tips.:) My uncle gave me my first carb to rebuild. I messed with it for awhile with the rebuild kit and got a lil frustrated with it. I disassembled it and he showed me how to do it step by step. To this day, I can still do it with ease. I'm just a visual learner is all. :)

DirtyD 06-07-2013 03:02 PM

dynoing the car today

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 33752)

Yup, there are. I will admit that I am not even an amateur at this stuff, but I can learn fast and figure it out. I learned a lot about F150s after meeting and hanging out with Patrick. Even though he is a LR certified ASE mech, he knows almost every square inch of every body style F150 after 1997. It was great learning and picking up stuff from him.

Grandpa 06-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 33757)
Yup, there are. I will admit that I am not even an amateur at this stuff, but I can learn fast and figure it out. I learned a lot about F150s after meeting and hanging out with Patrick. Even though he is a LR certified ASE mech, he knows almost every square inch of every body style F150 after 1997. It was great learning and picking up stuff from him.

Best way to learn right there! :High 5:

DirtyD 06-07-2013 03:06 PM

dynoing the car today

I will say that instructions aren't always best. There have been many instances where I had to just look at something to figure it out.

Case in point: IKEA furniture. :lol:

Grandpa 06-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 33760)
I will say that instructions aren't always best. There have been many instances where I had to just look at something to figure it out.

Case in point: IKEA furniture. :lol:

LMAO! I can so relate to that but with baby furniture! haha.

When I was doing my research about the Paxton, one of the common complaints was about how bad the instructions were even after being revised several times. At several steps there is points where you would have to go back to undo something a previous step told you to in order to do the next step. So you waste a lot of time going back and forth touching the same parts repeatedly. With some research, you can get instructions from other owners to explain how to do them to save time and frustration.

I despise stuff like that!

03MachMe 06-07-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33755)
LOL, there is nothing wrong with having someone show you do something who has done it before, saves time and frustration. I would figured it out, but it would have taken me longer and you offered to help out which I appreciate very much. Now I could do it easily thanks to your tips.:) My uncle gave me my first carb to rebuild. I messed with it for awhile with the rebuild kit and got a lil frustrated with it. I disassembled it and he showed me how to do it step by step. To this day, I can still do it with ease. I'm just a visual learner is all. :)

Not saying anything wrong with me helping you just thought it was funny one of those "younger" guys helped you with something so simple. I agree def easier with someone who knows what they are doing, but sometimes even us youngins can figure stuff out

Grandpa 06-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 33763)
Not saying anything wrong with me helping you just thought it was funny one of those "younger" guys helped you with something so simple. I agree def easier with someone who knows what they are doing, but sometimes even us youngins can figure stuff out

If I offended you I apologize, but you and most of the guys here is not what I was thinking of when making that post. I was more thinking about the "other side of the parking lot" at say something like an RKC meet. lol.

03MachMe 06-07-2013 03:25 PM

You didn't offend me I just wanted to point out a funny that's all. And I agree with you a lot of that crowd is nothing more than some hipsters that watched too much you tube growing up