Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW tuners (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4568)

ShortBus 09-18-2014 10:14 AM

Again no skill just started. I'm a scrub and have no ground game. We will have to roll sooner then later.

BLK2012GT 09-18-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortBus (Post 74920)
You wanna get in on the baby oil match jeff?

Name a time and place?

ShortBus 09-18-2014 10:15 AM

I'm aware of what it takes to win at BJJ but hints why there are weight divisions at tournys.

BLK2012GT 09-18-2014 10:15 AM

There will be more pelvis thrusting then hitting from me. Just warning ya.

ShortBus 09-18-2014 10:16 AM

Whatever I'm at home depot my favorite place in the world. Lol time to get to work boys. I'll talk to you all soon. Toodles

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74883)
As for him turning the car into a straight line racer, how is that fucking up his car. He likes drag racing so he built it for that. You apparently like road racing so you didn't do what he did. I never can understand this argument. Because you don't like something the other guy is a dip shit for doing it to his car.

What he is saying is why spend the money on a Boss, and the completely tear out everything that Ford put in the car for a purpose? If you want to make a straight line car, buy a normal GT, and build a motor for that instead of tearing out everything that makes a Boss and Boss....

BLK2012GT 09-18-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 74927)
What he is saying is why spend the money on a Boss, and the completely tear out everything that Ford put in the car for a purpose? If you want to make a straight line car, buy a normal GT, and build a motor for that instead of tearing out everything that makes a Boss and Boss....

I think it's cool as fuck making a drag car out of a boss. Who gives a fuck?

White_lightning 09-18-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74917)
Is this post really turning into a weight lifting and BJJ thread now? Fucking fags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 74927)

all you coyote guys are dumb imo....

should have bought an 86 4 eye fox and put 5k into it.. that shit would will race wars!!! 4 eye fox.. the ONLY way to mustang....

you know how fast you could make a fox for the price of a new gt????:)

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74917)
Is this post really turning into a weight lifting and BJJ thread now? Fucking fags.

Well, the racing shit is over now. Nothing will most likely come of it as usual. Seems like the only way someone will race around here is if they have every advantage in the world even in a race where he should easily win! lmao.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74918)
So you are saying.. if you are on your back with a 140 lbs BJJ guy holding you down.. its just as easy to get him off you as it would a 300 lbs BJJ guy holding you down?

With the proper technique and leverage, a smaller man can compete with a much larger one. My coach weighs 190lbs, but he feels like he weighs 500lbs when mounted. Strength/weight only matter when players are on different levels of skill. Technique being even, weight/strength is nullified.

BLK2012GT 09-18-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74930)
Well, the racing shit is over now. Nothing will most likely come of it as usual. Seems like the only way someone will race around here is if they have every advantage in the world even in a race where he should easily win! lmao.

With the proper technique and leverage, a smaller man can compete with a much larger one. My coach weighs 190lbs, but he feels like he weighs 500lbs when mounted. Strength/weight only matter when players are on different levels of skill. Technique being even, weight/strength is nullified.

I'll race your POS from a dig, roll, off raiding IDGAF.

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74929)

should have bought an 86 4 eye fox and put 5k into it.. that shit would will race wars!!! 4 eye fox.. the ONLY way to mustang....

It would be a fast ass Fox.

You could also build a Fox into a better car than a Bugatti than buy a new Bugatti.

I don't see what made you break out the insults so quickly. All I did was make a statement.

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortBus (Post 74924)
I'm aware of what it takes to win at BJJ but hints why there are weight divisions at tournys.

H-E-N-C-E. Not hints. lmao.

There are weight divisions at every tourney because of the U.S mentality of everyone gets a prize. At it's roots of BJJ, there were/are no weight classes.

BLK2012GT 09-18-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 74932)

I don't see what made you break out the insults so quickly. All I did was make a statement.

He's a big Jew teddy bear. Don't worry about him.

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74928)
I think it's cool as fuck making a drag car out of a boss. Who gives a fuck?

Definitely not the other Boss owners whose resale value goes up every time a Boss hits the wall. lol

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74934)
He's a big Jew teddy bear. Don't worry about him.

But I like Jews...

Said no Nazi ever.

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74929)

It would still be a clapped out POF foxbody at the end of the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74931)
I'll race your POS from a dig, roll, off raiding IDGAF.

About damn time someone just didn't give a fuck about ego and just wanted to race for some fun. That's what I'm talking about!

Your group is so fucking paranoid about racing because if someone loses, they are going to get their balls broken mercilessly about it.

Quote:

Let it roll off ya, D. WL is just trolling for fun.

White_lightning 09-18-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

insult??

i called you guys dumb.. that was a compliment:) you drive mustangs!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 74936)
But I like Jews...
Said no Nazi ever.

yup;)... good thing the nazis are still a big threat :)

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:33 AM

Dirty D = Joe Jr?

CSICKS 09-18-2014 10:33 AM

Hey Guys Im new here. Anyone know a good tuner?

White_lightning 09-18-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74937)

Trolls are awesome at dragging sand bags around.. my bolt on c6 is an awesome home depot sandbag transporter...

when i went to coit last week it was so quite no one looked twice.....:D

Stealth mode achieved :D

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74937)

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74938)
insult??

i called you guys dumb.. that was a compliment:) you drive mustangs!!! :D

http://www.troll.me/images/you-shall...hh-fuck-no.jpg

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74939)
Dirty D = Joe Jr?

Who dat be?

I'm selling my car, so I can't be associated with Mustang owners anymore. Win

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSICKS (Post 74940)
Hey Guys Im new here. Anyone know a good tuner?

Well, now our fist pumping hair gel quota has been met...
Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74941)
Trolls are awesome at dragging sand bags around.. my bolt on c6 is an awesome home depot sandbag transporter...

when i went to coit last week it was so quite no one looked twice.....:D

Stealth mode achieved :D

The black unicorn made an appearance?!

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 74943)
Who dat be?

I'm selling my car, so I can't be associated with Mustang owners anymore. Win

Miata purchase....3...2...1..

DirtyD 09-18-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74945)
Miata purchase....3...2...1..

hahahaha

Although a Miata would be the perfect solution to me wanting a cheap track car, I'm sticking with my truck for awhile and getting the old lady something new instead.

rlhay2 09-18-2014 10:44 AM

This thread took an interesting turn.

As many have stated, every shop has made mistakes.

My original, and now long forgotten, post was about communication and expectations.
As I have nothing further to contribute, I am bowing out.

Grandpa 09-18-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 74947)
This thread took an interesting turn.

As many have stated, every shop has made mistakes.

My original, and now long forgotten, post was about communication and expectations.
As I have nothing further to contribute, I am bowing out.

Don't let those Vette guys scare you off, Ronnie. lol

White_lightning 09-18-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74944)

The black unicorn made an appearance?!

rolled in totaly under the radar.. no one even realized it was me the car was so quiet.. parked next to a TT lambo.. made my car invisible :D

merlinmol 09-18-2014 11:12 AM

Well this whole thread died.... boring.

yefferys50 09-18-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74930)

Steve you're correct on the first part about proper technique allowing a smaller guy feeling much heavier. I've rolled with 45'ers who ragdolled by big ass.

You're incorrect on the second part. When technique and skill are equal, weight/strength is everything. Case in point would be if say Jeff Glover rolled with Roberto Abreu. Cyborg would take the match 10 out of 10 times. Weight/strength matter less when it's say a 300 pound blue belt vs. a 150 pound brown or black.

Grandpa 09-18-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yefferys50 (Post 74951)
Steve you're correct on the first part about proper technique allowing a smaller guy feeling much heavier. I've rolled with 45'ers who ragdolled by big ass.

You're incorrect on the second part. When technique and skill are equal, weight/strength is everything. Case in point would be if say Jeff Glover rolled with Roberto Abreu. Cyborg would take the match 10 out of 10 times. Weight/strength matter less when it's say a 300 pound blue belt vs. a 150 pound brown or black.

We're on the same page, just going about it different ways I think.

As for Glover, I would NEVER count him out against anyone. That dude is insane. You see what he did at the last Metamoris? LMAO, he's awesome! So creative and certainly crazy. Love it!

blownaltered 09-18-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yefferys50 (Post 74951)

lmao, Steve laughed at me for days after my first BJJ class. I got tapped by a triangle 5 times by a guy that I was 80lbs heavier than and almost twice as strong. I couldn't do a damn thing about it, he was doing what ever he wanted to me. Very humbling experience, it make me work twice as hard to because I don't like to be run over. I don't get to train anymore because of injuries but I would love to do some rolling again one day.

blownaltered 09-18-2014 11:47 AM

Back to racing I think Nick should race White Lightning, WL only makes 600 wheel hp. Nick should have him covered.

White_lightning 09-18-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74955)
Back to racing I think Nick should race White Lightning, WL only makes 600 wheel hp. Nick should have him covered.

which nick?

Midnight11 09-18-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74955)

You are a horrible troll

Grandpa 09-18-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 74957)
You are a horrible troll

He meant 600 to each rear wheel. LMAO...I thought it was funny.

Grandpa 09-18-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74956)
which nick?

Midnight11 = Nic.

He's the one with the race car picking on old grandpa cars wanting all the advantages cuz he's a afraid he can't launch his car. :favorites37:

White_lightning 09-18-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74959)
Midnight11 = Nic.

He's the one with the race car picking on old grandpa cars wanting all the advantages cuz he's a afraid he can't launch his car. :favorites37:

I thought he had the nitrous fed eleventy billion hp stang?

Midnight11 09-18-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 74960)
I thought he had the nitrous fed eleventy billion hp stang?

I'm the one that posted the c7 run on frum
Roll lol

blownaltered 09-18-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74958)
He meant 600 to each rear wheel. LMAO...I thought it was funny.

I thought it was funny. lol