Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Congrats Steve!!! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3817)

STROKD 03-12-2014 10:12 PM

Congrats Steve!!!

Finally getting a hot rod besides a Mustang!

Ive been trying to tell you LS motors own them mod motor toys...:33:

Enjoy that bad ass Caddy, cant wait to see it when im back in town.

re-rx7 03-12-2014 10:26 PM

Another V. Ls motors lol

Grandpa 03-12-2014 11:10 PM

Ha! Thanks, Matt. I love this thing, it's a blast!

maxpayne 03-12-2014 11:15 PM

Pics?!??!? And details!

Grandpa 03-12-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpayne (Post 66486)
Pics?!??!? And details!

I only have cellphone pics at the moment. I need to clean the car up to my standards and take some really good pics.

It's a 2010 Crystal Red CTS-V with 24k miles. Black leather/suede interior, Auto trans, Pano Roof, Recaros, NAV, heated/cooled seats and tons of other bells and whistles.

Nothing special really, just an old grandpa Caddy to start off my midlife crisis. lmao.

I'm ready to cruise my Caddy to Archie's Atomic Drive-In! (I'm old, I doubt anyone else will get that movie reference lol)

maxpayne 03-12-2014 11:32 PM

We'll congrats brother. That's a badass ride. You are starting quite the collections of sick whips! Lol

STROKD 03-12-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66487)

I'm ready to cruise my Caddy to Archie's Atomic Drive-In! (I'm old, I doubt anyone else will get that movie reference lol)

IN! I think i was the only one sad besides the other Corey when Haim died. I fucken love that movie, have it on DVD. Every part of that movie is damn funny, and Heather was a gd goddess back then. Had huge crush on her for about 20 years. Lol

Crimson600+HP 03-12-2014 11:39 PM

Awesome car indeed. I would love to get my hands on a 2nd GEN CTS-V wagon. Something about hauling 5 people, a months of groceries, & whipping almost everything on the track all at the same time has me intrigued.

Can't wait to see what she looks like!

Junkie 03-12-2014 11:43 PM

I know you like to lower things Steve.

I've had every suspension combo on the market for the car.

D3 springs/rods are stiff, and a total waste of money
Eibach coupe springs are the lowest and best riding spring, its actually softer then stock and you get to keep magnetic ride control.
KW coil overs are IMO the best for getting very low, but 90% of the time they just aren't needed.

Congrats man, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Grandpa 03-12-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 66490)
IN! I think i was the only one sad besides the other Corey when Haim died. I fucken love that movie, have it on DVD. Every part of that movie is damn funny, and Heather was a gd goddess back then. Had huge crush on her for about 20 years. Lol

Agreed!

Grandpa 03-12-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 66492)
I know you like to lower things Steve.

I've had every suspension combo on the market for the car.

D3 springs/rods are stiff, and a total waste of money
Eibach coupe springs are the lowest and best riding spring, its actually softer then stock and you get to keep magnetic ride control.
KW coil overs are IMO the best for getting very low, but 90% of the time they just aren't needed.

Congrats man, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Great info, Will! Thanks. For now, I think I'm going to leave it stock ride height until I figure out which direction I'm gonna go with it. Air-raid, 2.55, HX and headers should be a good start. :)

Junkie 03-12-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66494)
Great info, Will! Thanks. For now, I think I'm going to leave it stock ride height until I figure out which direction I'm gonna go with it. Air-raid, 2.55, HX and headers should be a good start. :)

Do the interchangeable upper imo, and a ported snout while you're at it. It will be off anyway.

Why do so many people leave them at stock ride height? Never understood that.

Gforce intake is leaps and bounds better then AR when making power, but if you are never going to go with a big TB then the AR will work.

DirtyD 03-13-2014 12:05 AM

So that's what you've been up to? Sweet. Love me a CTS-V. So is the 5.0 gone because of this?

Grandpa 03-13-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 66495)
Do the interchangeable upper imo, and a ported snout while you're at it. It will be off anyway.

Why do so many people leave them at stock ride height? Never understood that.

Gforce intake is leaps and bounds better then AR when making power, but if you are never going to go with a big TB then the AR will work.

Noted. I'm still in the early stages of deciding what to do. I've got a ton of research to do and I'm sure I'll be bending your ear quite abit. :)

As for the ride height, honestly I'm not sure I CAN lower it without having to worry about getting in and out of my driveway with how low that front spoiler already is.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 66496)
So that's what you've been up to? Sweet. Love me a CTS-V. So is the 5.0 gone because of this?

No, not really. Better weather is here finally, I'm getting outside more running, riding my bike, playing the kids etc. I'm trying to be more active living life rather than wasting away behind the computer. I'm doing car stuff still, but it comes second to getting healthy. I've got 40 more pounds to lose, I've lost 60 up to this point.

I'm still here, just not posting as much as I was cuz I don't want to irritate anyone. /shrug.

maxpayne 03-13-2014 12:18 AM

So is the 5.0 gone?

DirtyD 03-13-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66498)
No, not really. Better weather is here finally, I'm getting outside more running, riding my bike, playing the kids etc. I'm trying to be more active living life rather than wasting away behind the computer. I'm doing car stuff still, but it comes second to getting healthy. I've got 40 more pounds to lose, I've lost 60 up to this point.

I'm still here, just not posting as much as I was cuz I don't want to irritate anyone. /shrug.

Understandable. I've been trying to get out more and play with Tucker and stuff, especially now that it doesn't get dark at 6 PM anymore. Great job on the weight loss though.

Still haven't answered us of the 5.0 is gone. Lol.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 12:30 AM

No, the 5.0 is still here, for now. I will be putting it back to stock and selling all the parts and wheels/tires then selling the car. I still have the Mach that is just sitting here taking up space if I get the urge to drive a Mustang and rowing gears.

Junkie 03-13-2014 12:43 AM

Why do you guys keep the Mach1?

DirtyD 03-13-2014 12:44 AM

Congrats Steve!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66501)
No, the 5.0 is still here, for now. I will be putting it back to stock and selling all the parts and wheels/tires then selling the car. I still have the Mach that is just sitting here taking up space if I get the urge to drive a Mustang and rowing gears.

The Mach is a good back up, so I can let that slide. Lol. If you need any stock parts (which isn't likely) let me know what you need.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 66503)

It's the wife's and she is very attached to it. It's been paid for many years now. It really doesn't cost us money other than the cheap insurance on it. She drives it when she feels like it. Honestly, it's been the best car we have ever owned. We bought it brand new off the showroom floor in 03 and the car has never given us a single problem in all the years we have had it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 66504)
The Mach is a good back up, so I can let that slide. Lol. If you need any stock parts (which isn't likely) let me know what you need.

Thanks, D. I've got everything but stock wheels/tires.

STROKD 03-13-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 66503)

Same reason we have a c5 thats been in storage for years. because wife.

BERT 03-13-2014 10:42 AM

Not a big fan of red, but I don't think there is a bad color when it comes to the V's. Looks good. The next time I have a Saturday off and the weather is nice i'll come up and take a look at it in person

Grandpa 03-13-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 66524)
Not a big fan of red, but I don't think there is a bad color when it comes to the V's. Looks good. The next time I have a Saturday off and the weather is nice i'll come up and take a look at it in person

You mean Friday. Unless you are talking about Kellers on Saturdays.

BERT 03-13-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66525)
You mean Friday. Unless you are talking about Kellers on Saturdays.

I do mean Friday but I'm not coming up there if I have to work on Saturday. I guess I COULD drive back the same night but that's a lot of driving in one day.

blownaltered 03-13-2014 04:30 PM

The car is damn nice but in 6 months when Steve gets bored with it, it will be a " Shit Box " and he will want to trade it in on a vette.

re-rx7 03-13-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66540)
The car is damn nice but in 6 months when Steve gets bored with it, it will be a " Shit Box " and he will want to trade it in on a vette.

:big_banana_Dance:

Grandpa 03-13-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66540)

It is a shitbox! But it's my shitbox! :D

And don't bullshit anyone here. I saw your wheels turning your head the other night looking at the car! lmao!

blownaltered 03-13-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66542)
It is a shitbox! But it's my shitbox! :D

And don't bullshit anyone here. I saw your wheels turning your head the other night looking at the car! lmao!

My wheels are turning about a c6 but that will have to wait till Ang finishes school. Damn I'm getting old and my wife is back in school. It sucks but will be awesome when she is done.

Grandpa 03-13-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66543)
My wheels are turning about a c6 .

LMAO..hypocrite!!

Grandpa 03-13-2014 05:56 PM

Does this count as a LS swap? lol

blownaltered 03-13-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66544)
LMAO..hypocrite!!

I'll still have my fox body. I'll have that car for ever.

STROKD 03-14-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 66543)
My wheels are turning about a c6 but that will have to wait till Ang finishes school. Damn I'm getting old and my wife is back in school. It sucks but will be awesome when she is done.

...and my work is almost done... whole crew will be driving LS power soon... <Seanator Palpatine> "excellent, give in to the dark side!"

Grandpa 03-14-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 66565)
...and my work is almost done... whole crew will be driving LS power soon... <Seanator Palpatine> "excellent, give in to the dark side!"

LOL, yup it will be the whole crew. I think Donnie will be the last one to hold out until Angela is out of school.

Trey - V
Me - V
Jason- V
You/Shell - Vettes
Jeremy - C7 Z06

DirtyD 03-14-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowgreygt (Post 66570)
lol, yup it will be the whole crew. I think donnie will be the last one to hold out until angela is out of school.

Trey - v
me - v
jason- v
you/shell - vettes
jeremy - c7 z06

You know what that means, right? GTFO! :bleh:

Grandpa 03-14-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 66571)
You know what that means, right? GTFO! :bleh:

I still own three Fords two of which are Mustangs and all of them are faster (including the Grandpa-mobile Caddy) than your bucket of bolts! :bleh:

blownaltered 03-14-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66570)
LOL, yup it will be the whole crew. I think Donnie will be the last one to hold out until Angela is out of school.

Trey - V
Me - V
Jason- V
You/Shell - Vettes
Jeremy - C7 Z06

Yes it will be a couple years for me but I do drive a chevy truck so I still get a cookie. :bleh:

BERT 03-14-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66570)

Trey - V
Me - V
Jason- V
You/Shell - Vettes
Jeremy - C7 Z06

I'm too poor to be in "the crew" :(

Grandpa 03-14-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 66575)
I'm too poor to be in "the crew" :(

We'll adopt you. You will just have to cruise at the back of the line so you don't hold anyone up. :rofl:

DirtyD 03-14-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 66573)
I still own three Fords two of which are Mustangs and all of them are faster (including the Grandpa-mobile Caddy) than your bucket of bolts! :bleh:

The Mach never leaves the garage, so you can't prove it's faster. :)

We never got the chance to find out who's 5.0 was faster though. Oh well.

Plus I would hope the V is faster than my car.