Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New RKC meet last night... (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1669)

STROKD 05-07-2013 10:45 AM

New RKC meet last night...

Saw a few peeps and cars from this site. Juco was rockin a sweet orange dfw50 shirt, saw the white 13 with cage and copper Forgelines, etc. Meet was frickin awesome, one of best in a while. Lots of muscle cars hidden in back row in the dark, saw a couple 442s, a 71 Satelite, anda Mustang 2 that was actually nice and sounded great!

Heard my friend's stock Viper ran door to door with the HPP 13 Shelby too... That's gotta suck for the Shelby owner. Said to make 710rw. Lol. Anyway for those that didn't go, you should def check it out, weather was perfect too, won't be for much longer.

Midnight11 05-07-2013 10:50 AM

Hpp 13 the kid is like 19 I'm sure it's fast with a driver mod

merlinmol 05-07-2013 11:04 AM

It was nice to see some decent cars there for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 28876)
Hpp 13 the kid is like 19 I'm sure it's fast with a driver mod

He just got the car in January, probably get faster as he learns the car I am sure, true of us all haha. He and his brother are really cool though, laid back and just enjoy cars/racing.

Grandpa 05-07-2013 11:06 AM

Maybe next week if I don't have anything else to do.

DirtyD 05-07-2013 11:10 AM

Too bad it's so far away. If I could bring the dog, wouldn't mind it as it would get him out of the house and help tire him out. Might ask Jared to see if that's allowed

Phuck Phace 05-07-2013 11:19 AM

Me and Bearded Banger rolled through in the Cobra and there was nowhere to park so we bailed.

Bearded Banger 05-07-2013 11:21 AM

Parking lot can't handle the volume of people that showed up.

Midnight11 05-07-2013 11:23 AM

I rolled the boss in and rolled out. Cops were there bc the container store was pissed

Grandpa 05-07-2013 11:28 AM

LOL, typical RKC meet it seems. Tons of kiddies and the cops are never too far behind.

Midnight11 05-07-2013 11:42 AM

Store was pissed bc their lot was full

GunsUp 05-07-2013 11:48 AM

I thought about going, then I changed my mind.

Grandpa 05-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 28896)
Store was pissed bc their lot was full

Not surprised. RKC has never really been able to hang on to a location. Large crowds, loud DJ booths, excessive noise, trash in the parking lots, damaged cars, reckless driving, theft, racing, a wreck in front of the Reed meet and many more thing have all been issues that have plagued RKC meets over the years.

The meets usually start out pretty good for a first few weeks until the word gets around then it just blows up into chaos. lol

DirtyD 05-07-2013 12:06 PM

Pretty sure I saw on Facebook that they got the OK from the container store to do so....

46Tbird 05-07-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 28901)
Pretty sure I saw on Facebook that they got the OK from the container store to do so....

ORLY

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jucostud (Post 28783)
THE RKC DFW MONDAY NIGHT MEET

Quaker Steak & Lube
5584 Texas 121, Plano, TX 75024
(972) 377-5521 · http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/plano_tx/

8pm-11:30pm

We no longer have any interest in being "the biggest weekly car meet in DFW", as such a title has with it the drama of security, behavior problems, and of course: ricers.

We aim to have a quality, mature weekly car meet for car enthusiasts of all types, where a modified car owner can come and know their car will never be in danger, and neither will the location of the event.

We outgrew our first 2013 Location, and are now moving to QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE IN PLANO! They are open until 1am, have a full bar, plenty of parking and plenty of seating! Car themed restaurant! Patio seating!

$7.99 ALL BURGERS! Any one you like! Includes fries!
$5 DOMESTIC TANKERS! 32oz Domestic Beers

We may park in the container store parking lot, but only after Quaker Steak is full! Start at the BACK of Container Store and work your way up! Thanks!

THIS MEET WILL GO LATE UNTIL 11:30PM! You may stay as late as 1am!

RULES:
-No Outside Food or Drink
-No Burnouts
-No Littering
-No sound systems on in the parking lot
-No underglow in the parking lot (accent lighting and halos OK)
-No racing or full throttle on service road
-No Fighting or Drama

With warm weather fast approaching, and the meet season kicking back into high gear, RKC would like to provide DFW enthusiasts a choice of a dependable, mature, weekly car meet. Please be a part of it if that is the type of meet that you seek to be a part of.

See you Monday!

There's a blip in there about using their parking, but not necessarily an approval.

I tend to shy away from these things when you have a ton of kiddies. They just do dumb shit and I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Midnight11 05-07-2013 12:15 PM

Def didn't start at the back

DirtyD 05-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 28904)
ORLY

There's a blip in there about using their parking, but not necessarily an approval.

I tend to shy away from these things when you have a ton of kiddies. They just do dumb shit and I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Okay. I remembered the container store being mentioned, but I only scanned trough it initially.

Either way, RKC is a cop magnet because PDs know what it attracts.

IHateThisSite 05-07-2013 04:15 PM

They are pushing it back to 9pm now ... And that's the start time... And that's just to damn late to start a meet on a Monday night ... And that guy is a huge cock sucker... "Exotic cars only" parking ... Aka parking for only his friends .. He was rude and arrogant as can be... Personally I think it will be my last RK meet ... Anyone up to meet up Mondays and chill count me in ... But not that fuckshow

STROKD 05-07-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite (Post 28919)
They are pushing it back to 9pm now ... And that's the start time... And that's just to damn late to start a meet on a Monday night ... And that guy is a huge cock sucker... "Exotic cars only" parking ... Aka parking for only his friends .. He was rude and arrogant as can be... Personally I think it will be my last RK meet ... Anyone up to meet up Mondays and chill count me in ... But not that fuckshow

I sorta agree with the exotic car only thing, but not when he lets a paintless truck with missing fenders and hood park there. lmao. The Viper/Lambo/GN/ and Grandsport were cool though, esp since 2 of them were friend's cars. lol

IHateThisSite 05-07-2013 04:47 PM

He lied about the parking too... He is just a shitty person in general ... And it's funny to me that he treats people like that ... Maybe that's why his meets are made up of groups like 5.0 that want to see each other more than other cars... And the ducktape mafia as I have named the shitty cars do not count as exotics ...

Phuck Phace 05-07-2013 04:47 PM

I may hit the next one.

merlinmol 05-07-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite (Post 28922)
He lied about the parking too... He is just a shitty person in general ... And it's funny to me that he treats people like that ... Maybe that's why his meets are made up of groups like 5.0 that want to see each other more than other cars... And the ducktape mafia as I have named the shitty cars do not count as exotics ...

You seem a tad stressed/frustrated dude. Dunno that its worth getting bent out of shape over. I went there for the cars, chat with peeps that I know, and chill. Jared didnt ruin any of that for me. The location and parking is his problem to deal with since he wants to organize and host the shows. If he doesnt get those problems worked out everyone will do what is natural and stop showing up. On a side note its nice that he at least tries to organize something for everyone, even if its not the most organized and we have to deal with the tools and kids that show up.

DirtyD 05-07-2013 05:02 PM

Brandon, just ask Steve about how he really feels about Jared. Haha

Grandpa 05-07-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 28926)

He is who is he is. No amount of bitching about it on the internet is going to change that, trust me on this. lol. So, you can go to his meets and just accept who he is and the nonsense that comes along with his meets OR..just not attend them and avoid it all together.

merlinmol 05-07-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 28927)
He is who is he is. No amount of bitching about it on the internet is going to change that, trust me on this. lol. So, you can go to his meets and just accept who he is and the nonsense that comes along with his meets OR..just not attend them and avoid it all together.

Well said... I almost thought Steve was there last night, til i got closer to the wheels and saw they werent his haha.

Grandpa 05-07-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 28928)
Well said... I almost thought Steve was there last night, til i got closer to the wheels and saw they werent his haha.

I have better things to do with my time than attend an RKC meet hanging out with the kiddies. Example, like next week I will jerk off with sandpaper then pour gasoline all over my cock to sooth it over.

That would be much less painful than attending that fiasco of a meet.

Phuck Phace 05-07-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 28930)
I have better things to do with my time than attend an RKC meet hanging out with the kiddies. Example, like next week I will jerk off with sandpaper then pour gasoline all over my cock to sooth it over.

That would be much less painful than attending that fiasco of a meet.

Don't forget to post pics.

Grandpa 05-07-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 28931)
Don't forget to post pics.

Well first you will have to clear your PM box that is full of dick pics from Gary. Don't make me go into your PM box for proof. ;)

Bearded Banger 05-07-2013 05:32 PM

Out for RKC meet next week. Getting sandpaper and checking out Steve's new meet.

Grandpa 05-07-2013 05:47 PM

I suddenly feel very....violated.

DirtyD 05-07-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 28936)
I suddenly feel very....violated.

You started it...and asked for it. Lol

STROKD 05-07-2013 06:38 PM

lol, whats funny is I didnt see any "kiddies" not sure if those are teenagers or what, but most the ricers I saw were pretty damn nice... Slammed TL on CCWs had some money in it, few bagged VWs on Bentley rims etc. Sure there were a couple drift style cars there, but it wasn't as bad as most the older meets. I think in general those cars are all falling apart now, and kids are upgrading to newer less shitty ones.:favorites13:

There was a grey 67/8 Coupe there that was f'in choice. Also saw a sick 94/95 yellow GT and a beautiful red Fox hatchback turbo car, and a bunch of other cars I cant remember. I think C6s and 5.0s were the most popular car of choice.

merlinmol, your car is fucken sweet, lots of compliments were thrown at it (esp the wheels) as I was standing in front of it most of the evening.

IHateThisSite 05-07-2013 06:46 PM

Out back it was a ton of miatas that had more ducktape and bondo than any real metal ... And the kids where leaning on my car a few times ... Touching and leaning on cars is poor taste ... But what pisses me off about it is how they approach the shit ... He complained not enough people bought food and he bitched about stuff at jimmy johns too .. Also how he ... You know what .. You are right ... Talking about it is pointless ... Someone come up with something better to do on Monday nights that does not cost a ton of money and is located in north Dallas...

Grandpa 05-07-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite (Post 28945)
Out back it was a ton of miatas that had more ducktape and bondo than any real metal ... And the kids where leaning on my car a few times ... Touching and leaning on cars is poor taste ... But what pisses me off about it is how they approach the shit ... He complained not enough people bought food and he bitched about stuff at jimmy johns too .. Also how he ... You know what .. You are right ... Talking about it is pointless ... Someone come up with something better to do on Monday nights that does not cost a ton of money and is located in north Dallas...

Well, not to defend Jared, but as someone who has organized meets for a long time, it's important for people to use the host of the meet. They need to get something in return for allowing the meet to take place in the first place. They aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. It's best to support the host, buy some food or a drink in order to keep meets going. Otherwise, they just continue to fail over and over like RKC meets do. And they don't necessarily fail because directly of Jared, but rather the majority demographic his site attracts to the meets which is young kids who really don't have a lot of disposable income. Therefor they don't spend money for food, drinks or sponsors.

That's why the Friday night meet was successful for so long, it wasn't attached to any one business or "sponsored by" and it wasn't promoted on RKC so the kids stayed away. Plus it has the best racing of any meet anywhere. :D

By default, Monday night is a horrible night to have a meet. Most working adults aren't going to go out late night during the work week. So that pretty much leaves the kiddos and the hardcore who are willing to go without sleep. lol.

moostang09 05-07-2013 07:19 PM

Is he still driving his "Monster Camaro"?

DirtyD 05-07-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moostang09 (Post 28947)

Yeah, but that's the show car now

Grandpa 05-07-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moostang09 (Post 28947)

The last I heard TrueStreet rebuilt his motor for him after the stocker finally gave up on life after many miles. Once he got it back he took it up to Minnesota to the Power Cruise with the intent of blowing the motor up on purpose after making a sponsor deal with Thompson in Nevada, Tx who builds badass LSx motors. TS helped Jared out with that rebuild because he couldn't afford a new motor. Once Thompson saw what Jared did with another sponsors motor, they retracted their offer.

Here is what he did with the rebuilt motor...

Grandpa 05-07-2013 07:35 PM

This was awhile ago, so it might be back on the road by now. That was just the last I heard about it.

moostang09 05-07-2013 07:54 PM

I am 99.99% that is not a licensed use of the logo. This guy appeals to the children and I'll let him continue to do so. Not my type of car meets but that's my .02!

DirtyD 05-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 28949)
The last I heard TrueStreet rebuilt his motor for him after the stocker finally gave up on life after many miles. Once he got it back he took it up to Minnesota to the Power Cruise with the intent of blowing the motor up on purpose after making a sponsor deal with Thompson in Nevada, Tx who builds badass LSx motors. TS helped Jared out with that rebuild because he couldn't afford a new motor. Once Thompson saw what Jared did with another sponsors motor, they retracted their offer.

Here is what he did with the rebuilt motor...

What. A. Little. Prick. You are going to basically give a smile and middle finger to a shop that stuck their hand out to you when you ask for help, and you do that to them? Bitch.

TS gets points in my book that their kind gesture.

Smurf50 05-07-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 28926)

Shit you can ask ME how I feel about him as well...I have some amazing stories about that tool :rotflmao: