Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What should I do? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2041)

Grandpa 06-22-2013 08:08 PM

What should I do?

Ok, help me out here guys. All my past Stangs been boosted. I've had this car a year now and the current power level of fun has kinda subsided.

So what would you suggest I do? Boss intake isn't an option because my plan down the road is a Roush blower.

I thought about maybe longtubes, but I already have the Lethal H pipe.

I suppose I could hit the track up more often and dial in my driving since that is OBVIOUSLY needed. lol.

I tinted all the lights on the car only to be told last night at the meet they were going to "melt my taillights" over time. Arrrggggh! :emotions122:

For those that don't know my current mods:
- lethal h
- sportline springs
- rivet wheels
- mgw shifter
- gt500 AB

What do you think?

03MachMe 06-22-2013 08:20 PM

What happened to paxton?

I am big on suspension now that I did the autox and would do a lot more of that if I was you. The autox is a blast and the stock power is more than enough power. If your wanting more power for drag then I would do LTs, intake and retune. Or just save it up for the roush

DirtyD 06-22-2013 08:38 PM

I think you should do all bolts on for now, that way the car will be ready for the blower and forged internals down the road. :D

Zeek 06-22-2013 08:40 PM

Go e85 so when you go blower your already on e85. Or just go get the vette. If could afford one is trade mine in.

jerseyjoe 06-22-2013 08:45 PM

Do you have a tune?

svt-eric 06-22-2013 08:56 PM

save your money and build a race car.

downtime! 06-22-2013 09:04 PM

I'm a fan of boost, obviously, but you don't necessarily need it to have fun with the car at the track. With lt's, off road x and muffler deletes, along with the JLT cai and a Gearheads tune, I made 435 at the wheels, and eventually got the car down 11.60's at 120 in that trim. It was fun to drive and made a great daily.

After the boost, the fun factor went through the roof, but the daily drive factor went through the floor. It's just easier to take the '05 now if I'm going to work, or pretty much anywhere for that matter.

If it's not going to be a daily, then boost it and have some fun. If it is, them maximize the n/a combo and still have some fun!

Selcouth 06-22-2013 09:07 PM

Start hanging out with guys that drive slow cars. :chewie:

What happened to selling it and getting a C6?

How about throwing on some nitrous for shits and giggles?

STROKD 06-22-2013 09:58 PM

LS3 C6 with cam and headers... Its not a Z but its also not a Mustang... Lol

BLK2012GT 06-22-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 36188)

SMH:snoopfacepalm:

BLK2012GT 06-22-2013 10:28 PM

What gears you have in the car? But probably get all the suspension stuff setup on your car before anything.

Selcouth 06-22-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

I honestly would probably still take a LS2 Vette over a new 5.0. Or should I not say that on a mustang board. LOL

BLK2012GT 06-22-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selcouth (Post 36209)
I honestly would probably still take a LS2 Vette over a new 5.0. Or should I not say that on a mustang board. LOL

Only if you want to get:025:

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 06-22-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

I have a 2013 that is all stock except for a procharger with 9psi that will put that vette back in the sand box :-p

Flame on

Selcouth 06-22-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 36210)
Only if you want to get:025:

Guess I need to ride in a new 5.0. I'm sure it's worlds better than my current one. LOL

STROKD 06-22-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Of course, but a LS3 is cheaper than buying a LS2 car and swapping the heads and intake manifold to make LS3 pwr...

STROKD 06-22-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 36212)
I have a 2013 that is all stock except for a procharger with 9psi that will put that vette back in the sand box :-p

Flame on

A stock 5.0 with a 9 lb blwr runs 10s over 130? Frickin bad ass, maybe I should get one.

Sure I'm comparing Vics car to your blown 5.0, but it had cut heads and injectors more than just exhaust and a cam... But it didn't have a blower. Lmao.

Always awesome Stang guys gotta chime in with boost to race a lightly modded Vette. BTW, my slow ass pof smoked more than 2 150 shot 5.0s, and it wasn't near as fast as Vics...

Flame continued

Dan12GT 06-22-2013 11:28 PM

Steve I don't know what to tell you. I don't even know if this is just another one of your troll posts. You talk like you are going to buy some bad ass vette and sell your car. I also think I can recall every post where you have said your are doing every form of supercharger, turbo, or whatever and keep your slowstang. I cant give you any suggestions...

STROKD 06-22-2013 11:31 PM

Clint, I have a fun idea. Since neither my car or Vics is around anymore, why not race a friend's LS3 vette that also has a 9 lb Procharger on it... Should be a good close race. That way we can actually see a race happen instead of bench race mythical scenarios.

If your customer is down, Ill make a couple phone calls.

BLK2012GT 06-22-2013 11:34 PM

Stroked do you even have a vette?

STROKD 06-22-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 36225)

My wife does. I sold both mine last year to focus on my race car. Too distracting buying go fast goodies left and right. True Street made the slower one run pretty damn great, woulda been a great run for your car motor to motor.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 06-22-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 36223)
Clint, I have a fun idea. Since neither my car or Vics is around anymore, why not race a friend's LS3 vette that also has a 9 lb Procharger on it... Should be a good close race. That way we can actually see a race happen instead of bench race mythical scenarios.

If your customer is down, Ill make a couple phone calls.

Lol...... You claimed Cam, headers c-6 would be what Steve should do. I simple said a car with no mods and 9psi would do that vette dirty.....

So know you want to change your camed, header, vette to a procharger vette? What happen to Steve doing cam and headers on a C6 over just putting a simple blower on his car and being faster?

This was the discussion, not who wants to race

STROKD 06-22-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 36227)
Lol...... You claimed Cam, headers c-6 would be what Steve should do. I simple said a car with no mods and 9psi would do that vette dirty.....

So know you want to change your camed, header, vette to a procharger vette? What happen to Steve doing cam and headers on a C6 over just putting a simple blower on his car and being faster?

Oh, I see, you just wanted to compare a blown stang to a cammed ls3, yea, that sounds familiar.

If he sold his car, he could get a nice LS3 car for similar price. A setup Like Vics would smoke a blower on his car... Same price in both cars.

That was my discussion. I simply said since Vic's silver bullet isn't around to play with the blown stang u built, why not race a blown vette? It prob runs about the same as Vics ole car.

Btw I'm totally just screwing around with everyone in here including you, no ill feelings esp to my friends. :)

DirtyD 06-22-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 36220)
A stock 5.0 with a 9 lb blwr runs 10s over 130? Frickin bad ass, maybe I should get one.

Sure I'm comparing Vics car to your blown 5.0, but it had cut heads and injectors more than just exhaust and a cam... But it didn't have a blower. Lmao.

Always awesome Stang guys gotta chime in with boost to race a lightly modded Vette. BTW, my slow ass pof smoked more than 2 150 shot 5.0s, and it wasn't near as fast as Vics...

Flame continued

5PointSlow 06-22-2013 11:57 PM

Put the damn blower on steve! 8.5 psi and cornfed my car flys pretty damn good.

see sig! lol

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 06-23-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 36228)
Oh, I see, you just wanted to compare a blown stang to a cammed ls3, yea, that sounds familiar.

If he sold his car, he could get a nice LS3 car for similar price. A setup Like Vics would smoke a blower on his car... Same price in both cars.

That was my discussion. I simply said since Vic's silver bullet isn't around to play with the blown stang u built, why not race a blown vette? It prob runs about the same as Vics ole car.

Btw I'm totally just screwing around with everyone in here including you, no ill feelings esp to my friends. :)

For those that don't know Vic, this is a grand sport vette with $1000 set of injectors, after market fuel system, e-85 with a d1procharger making 800rwhp in a 3200lb car. This was a beast of a car!! With mods well over $60,000 car

You told Steve to get a c-6 with cam and headers.

I told Steve from day one to do a blower on his car and it would put a hurting on the c-6 you are telling him to get. For around $40,000 and still have his new car that he was the first one that got to fart in the seats.....lol (first one to fart in the seats is the main reason to buy a new car right) lol

No wear did I say a blowen 5.0 was the fastest thing on the streets.

Steve keeps his car and puts a blower on it would be cheaper, have a new car, and be faster than a camed, headers c-6

This was the discussion, so stay on topic.....lol

Still friends......lol

downtime! 06-23-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Mine does.

Doug1227 06-23-2013 01:22 AM

X 2... Hopefully! Lol!

BLK2012GT 06-23-2013 01:33 AM

Lmao at people saying how badass a car is but doesn't own one. Fucking tools!!!

Grandpa 06-23-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 36164)
What happened to paxton?

I am big on suspension now that I did the autox and would do a lot more of that if I was you. The autox is a blast and the stock power is more than enough power. If your wanting more power for drag then I would do LTs, intake and retune. Or just save it up for the roush

I thought about trying some auto x but apparently I have the wrong wheel setup for it and need a square set up which im not willing to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 36174)
Go e85 so when you go blower your already on e85. Or just go get the vette. If could afford one is trade mine in.

E85 and a retune is probably my best bet right now. I've been on the fence for awhile now about the Vette and while I'd love to have one, it just doesn't make financial sense to do it so I will stick with the Stang and just have to be patient with modding it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyjoe (Post 36177)
Do you have a tune?

Yes. It's a tune from TS. Runs nice and smooth, no problems at all. Even though I'm told my tune is "weak" since I keep losing to every 5.0 on the board, I think that has more to do with the loose nut behind the wheel. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt-eric (Post 36178)
save your money and build a race car.

I rather have prison sex than build a race car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 36179)
I'm a fan of boost, obviously, but you don't necessarily need it to have fun with the car at the track. With lt's, off road x and muffler deletes, along with the JLT cai and a Gearheads tune, I made 435 at the wheels, and eventually got the car down 11.60's at 120 in that trim. It was fun to drive and made a great daily.

After the boost, the fun factor went through the roof, but the daily drive factor went through the floor. It's just easier to take the '05 now if I'm going to work, or pretty much anywhere for that matter.

If it's not going to be a daily, then boost it and have some fun. If it is, them maximize the n/a combo and still have some fun!

Hmm, maybe I need to rethink the longtubes. It's not my daily, I've got my truck for that. I really miss boost and I'm just being really impatient about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selcouth (Post 36180)
Start hanging out with guys that drive slow cars. :chewie:

What happened to selling it and getting a C6?

How about throwing on some nitrous for shits and giggles?

Probably a very smart idea. The problem with hanging out with a even slower group is that they have a curfew and have to be home by 9pm. :laughing1:

Quote:

Stop stirring the pot Matthew.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 36195)
What gears you have in the car? But probably get all the suspension stuff setup on your car before anything.

3.31's. I do need more suspension stuff, sway bars for sure. Not sure about the LCA's though with so many people having issues with the relocation brackets.

Quote:

I wouldn't advise it. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selcouth (Post 36213)
Guess I need to ride in a new 5.0. I'm sure it's worlds better than my current one. LOL

Come out to the Friday night meet again and I'd be glad to take you for a ride.

Quote:

Flame continued

Stop it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 36221)
Steve I don't know what to tell you. I don't even know if this is just another one of your troll posts. You talk like you are going to buy some bad ass vette and sell your car. I also think I can recall every post where you have said your are doing every form of supercharger, turbo, or whatever and keep your slowstang. I cant give you any suggestions...

Haha, I have car A.D.D. I need to go to the Henry Ford Clinic for treatment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 36225)

Up until recently, he actually had three of them at one time. One of them was a sick LS3 car that was pretty fast. But now he's got the his fox vert running again and slowly rebuilding Strokd again so he will be back in Stangs again. He's just a big Vette fan too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 36227)

He's trolling you to get everyone stirred up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PointSlow (Post 36230)
Put the damn blower on steve! 8.5 psi and cornfed my car flys pretty damn good.

see sig! lol

Yeah, you are right. I just need to be patient. It's going to be awhile though. :(

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

5PointSlow 06-23-2013 10:58 AM

Being patient is tough lol trust me I know. A blown 5.0 is a pretty nasty contender and I haven't met much on the street that will take my car down esp when I'm on the corn. I run the brembo/GT500 Lcas an roush uca. They're awesome in combination and zero NVH. I want to get the BMR relo brackets since that's the setup Shaun was running on his car and wa very successful with it.

03MachMe 06-23-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 36246)
I thought about trying some auto x but apparently I have the wrong wheel setup for it and need a square set up which im not willing to do.

You don't have to. It helps but it is fun to get out there and try it even if your not competitive, i wasn't and had a blast. Would be more fun to have a group of us go and that way we just compete with each other

Grandpa 06-23-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 36248)
You don't have to. It helps but it is fun to get out there and try it even if your not competitive, i wasn't and had a blast. Would be more fun to have a group of us go and that way we just compete with each other

I'd be willing to try it out for some fun with a group. :)

Phuck Phace 06-23-2013 09:49 PM

Get a C7.

STROKD 06-23-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com (Post 36232)
For those that don't know Vic, this is a grand sport vette with $1000 set of injectors, after market fuel system, e-85 with a d1procharger making 800rwhp in a 3200lb car. This was a beast of a car!! With mods well over $60,000 car

You told Steve to get a c-6 with cam and headers.

I told Steve from day one to do a blower on his car and it would put a hurting on the c-6 you are telling him to get. For around $40,000 and still have his new car that he was the first one that got to fart in the seats.....lol (first one to fart in the seats is the main reason to buy a new car right) lol

No wear did I say a blowen 5.0 was the fastest thing on the streets.

Steve keeps his car and puts a blower on it would be cheaper, have a new car, and be faster than a camed, headers c-6

This was the discussion, so stay on topic.....lol

Still friends......lol

Vics SILVER car had cut heads, headers, x pipe, stock cat back off a z06, g6x3.

To me thats a C6 with headers and a cam... sorta what I told him to get no? The cut heads cost what 150 bucks?...:jester:

I STILL do not think a blown 5.0 will run as fast as Vic's car did, on the street or the track. Is it normal for a cammed c6 to run as good as Vic's silver car, no, but it's been done more than once, so it's fairly easy to duplicate.

The blown c6 I was wanting you to run was NOT Vic's car... he wouldnt bother firing it up to run a 600 rw Mustang unless it was mine.

STROKD 06-23-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 36239)
Mine does.

your car is stock with boost, thats it? no mufflers, headers, e85 etc etc?

Im pretty sure that was the arguement, no?

STROKD 06-23-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 36241)
Lmao at people saying how badass a car is but doesn't own one. Fucking tools!!!

wanna race?:slap:

merlinmol 06-23-2013 10:18 PM

Steve, if you ever get outta the house I'll give you a ride to help you decide on what you want :Big Laugh:

Grandpa 06-23-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 36278)
Steve, if you ever get outta the house I'll give you a ride to help you decide on what you want :Big Laugh:

Im at the friday meet almost every week my friend. :)

Grandpa 06-23-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 36248)

You should come out, ryan. Would be good to see you. :)