Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Interior/Exterior (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Yellow Foglights (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2302)

re-rx7 07-25-2013 10:43 AM

I'm using 3k fogs and 4300k headlights. I've always used the 3k fogs in my cars. It stands out in the rain and shitty weather so peeps don't hit you.

DirtyD 07-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 41766)
I'm using 3k fogs and 4300k headlights. I've always used the 3k fogs in my cars. It stands out in the rain and shitty weather so peeps don't hit you.

Which is exactly what is supposed to happen.

JDMLOL 07-25-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 41763)
Also, when you say retrofitting, you mean just "plug 'n play". Retrofitting is cutting up a pair of headlights and putting a projector housing in place of the reflector bowl.

Not necessarily. Retrofitting can be adding anything that wasn't original equipment, but yes, I am talking about the "plug 'n play" style kits.

JDMLOL 07-25-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 41766)

This is now making me want to buy the v6 fogs and throw 3000k's in them.

Dominic Toretto 07-25-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 41763)

Also, when you say retrofitting, you mean just "plug 'n play". Retrofitting is cutting up a pair of headlights and putting a projector housing in place of the reflector bowl.

Yes sorry, I mean plug-n-play :).

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 07-25-2013 10:58 AM

I don't know the temperature for each color. Is 3000k yellow?

-Alex

JDMLOL 07-25-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 41773)
I don't know the temperature for each color. Is 3000k yellow?

-Alex

Yep. 3000k is yellow, 4300k is pure white (hint of yellow), 6000k is pure white (hint of blue), 8000K is blue, anything above 8000k is crap IMO because the bluer the light, the more the light scatters especially on an asphalt road or when it rains which makes 8000k+ dimmer than halogen. Stock headlamp color is typically 4300k. As Derek said before, some companies have trouble matching bulb color even when it's supposed to be the same color temp. Most of the aftermarket companies bulb colors vary from company to company even if they are both the same color temp (kelvin or just K).

DirtyD 07-25-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 41770)
This is now making me want to buy the v6 fogs and throw 3000k's in them.

That's my plan if I ever get off my lazy ass and hook up my fog lights. Maybe this weekend I will finally do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JDMLOL 07-25-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 41775)
That's my plan if I ever get off my lazy ass and hook up my fog lights. Maybe this weekend I will finally do that.

Yeah, I remember on another post you were talking about the legality issues of having four auxiliary lamps on. If I do it I want to somehow run the two sets of fogs independently while maintaining a factory looking switch or running a hidden switch somewhere so I can run them on dark country roads.

Dominic Toretto 07-25-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 41775)

Are you planning to delete the upper foglights?

-Alex

DirtyD 07-25-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 41777)
Yeah, I remember on another post you were talking about the legality issues of having four auxiliary lamps on. If I do it I want to somehow run the two sets of fogs independently while maintaining a factory looking switch or running a hidden switch somewhere so I can run them on dark country roads.

After thinking about it more, I don't want to have all 6 on at once. The main point of me doing that would be for the purpose of pictures only. Haha. Having yellow fogs will throw it off having the other 2 lights as blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 41778)
Are you planning to delete the upper foglights?

-Alex

Nope. Keeping those to run with my DRLs at all times.

Dominic Toretto 07-25-2013 11:27 AM

What type of bulb is the stock foglight for the for the GTCS? I can't tell by looking.

I'm on this site and can't tell which application I would choose.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=32

-Alex

JDMLOL 07-25-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 41780)
After thinking about it more, I don't want to have all 6 on at once. The main point of me doing that would be for the purpose of pictures only. Haha. Having yellow fogs will throw it off having the other 2 lights as blue.

Nope. Keeping those to run with my DRLs at all times.

So you plan to run a relay to the led fogs and wire them to the led strip drl in the headlamps and then run the v6 fogs to the fog switch?

JDMLOL 07-25-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 41782)
What type of bulb is the stock foglight for the for the GTCS? I can't tell by looking.

-Alex

Sylvania has a fitment guide just look up a 2012 GT/CS.

DirtyD 07-25-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 41782)

-Alex

Bulbs are H1 if I recall correctly. Or H11.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 41783)
So you plan to run a relay to the led fogs and wire them to the led strip drl in the headlamps and then run the v6 fogs to the fog switch?

Pretty much. But I will have everything related together so when I do turn on my lower fogs they grill fogs will shut off.