Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Interior/Exterior (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Front plate delete (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1892)

jng2985 06-03-2013 10:39 PM

Do IT! and sell/trade me your wheels and MGW. I'll introduce to my ZR1 buddy and let you hear all the reasons no to buy.. Loves the car but non-stop bitching about the little things.

46Tbird 06-04-2013 12:34 PM

Good luck getting your C6Z. I would like to have one (non-Z), but the Mustang is my daily and a Corvette is just too small. And contrary to what the Bear Jew says, they're not built like Bentleys. Build quality between Corvettes and Mustangs is about the same IMO, which is pretty good, but c'mon...

Grandpa 06-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jng2985 (Post 32992)
Do IT! and sell/trade me your wheels and MGW. I'll introduce to my ZR1 buddy and let you hear all the reasons no to buy.. Loves the car but non-stop bitching about the little things.

Not parting it out. Sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 33088)
Good luck getting your C6Z. I would like to have one (non-Z), but the Mustang is my daily and a Corvette is just too small. And contrary to what the Bear Jew says, they're not built like Bentleys. Build quality between Corvettes and Mustangs is about the same IMO, which is pretty good, but c'mon...

It's not my daily, it's a toy that sits in the garage most of the time.

DirtyD 06-04-2013 01:20 PM

Why not just suck up the boredom and not mod it for awhile? I'd sell the Mach before the 5.0, honestly. You can still get great money for that car, and use that towards something for kid friendly, like a SRT8 Jeep GC, TBSS, or something like that.

Grandpa 06-04-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 33093)
Why not just suck up the boredom and not mod it for awhile? I'd sell the Mach before the 5.0, honestly. You can still get great money for that car, and use that towards something for kid friendly, like a SRT8 Jeep GC, TBSS, or something like that.

Why would I suck up the boredom? That seems kinda dumb to me rather than getting what I want. I thought I needed something kid friendly, but I really don't since I'm usually by myself when out in the car. When I have both the kids, I have my truck.

The Mach is the wife's car that I avoid driving unless I have to. I tried selling it once for her cuz she thought she wanted to. The buyer was coming from Louisana to get it, she cried for hours and changed her mind. So I had to tell the guy to turn around to go home. Needless to say he was a lil pissed. So when she wants to sell it, she will have to do that herself cuz I'm not doing that again! lol.

DirtyD 06-04-2013 01:50 PM

I forgot you already had your truck.

You can still have fun in the Mustang. What's not to say you will get tired of the Z? As car guys, we will always want to go faster, even after we just made our cars faster. It's a endless cycle. But I think there are still ways to keep the car and have fun with it. Maybe start doing autocross or something? Discover a whole different realm of driving the car. That should cure your boredom, I would think.

Midnight11 06-04-2013 02:00 PM

His mind is made up we all have been there lol

Phuck Phace 06-04-2013 02:05 PM

In Steves defense he is hitting that age where men feel like they need to have a vette. Good luck with that pops.

Midnight11 06-04-2013 02:06 PM

Bahahah that's true

DirtyD 06-04-2013 02:08 PM

Front plate delete

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 33104)
In Steves defense he is hitting that age where men feel like they need to have a vette. Good luck with that pops.

:lol:

Grandpa 06-04-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 33098)
I forgot you already had your truck.

You can still have fun in the Mustang. What's not to say you will get tired of the Z? As car guys, we will always want to go faster, even after we just made our cars faster. It's a endless cycle. But I think there are still ways to keep the car and have fun with it. Maybe start doing autocross or something? Discover a whole different realm of driving the car. That should cure your boredom, I would think.

You seem to forget I've been at this quite bit longer than you and have had over a dozen Stangs already. Nothing wrong with wanting to do something different after this long. If I get the unshakable desire to drive a Mustang again, we still have the Mach. I appreciate the advice though.

Grandpa 06-04-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 33104)

Hell yeah! Seems like a good reason to start my mid-life!

DirtyD 06-04-2013 02:38 PM

Front plate delete

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33110)
You seem to forget I've been at this quite bit longer than you and have had over a dozen Stangs already. Nothing wrong with wanting to do something different after this long. If I get the unshakable desire to drive a Mustang again, we still have the Mach. I appreciate the advice though.

Yeah, you have. That what makes it suck more because I'm sure there have been many different options already tried.

Sorry I was a little dickish in my posts. I re-read them and definitely should've worded things different. No intention of coming off how I did. :beer:

Can I at least have your ORH? :)

Grandpa 06-04-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 33113)
Yeah, you have. That what makes it suck more because I'm sure there have been many different options already tried.

Sorry I was a little dickish in my posts. I re-read them and definitely should've worded things different. No intention of coming off how I did. :beer:

Can I at least have your ORH? :)

No worries. I havent done it yet so anything can happen between now and then.

Selcouth 06-04-2013 07:33 PM

C6 Z0. That's one hell of an upgrade from a mustang. Although I have a sneaky suspicion you might op for a V instead.