Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NBA Fans (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1920)

Luke 06-06-2013 03:27 PM

NBA Fans

Are there any here? I know the Mavs are out but does anyone follow basketball? I've been a Spurs fan since I was a kid, now that Duncan and Pop are getting close to retirement the Finals are a big deal for me this year. Wish I was home for it, at this point I wouldn't hesitate to throw $1000 down to get a seat at the Finals.

DirtyD 06-06-2013 03:45 PM

The NBA is nothing more than actors dribbling balls. Flip, flop, flipiddy, flop.

it started going down hill in the 90s.

Don't get me wrong, there are still PLENTY of skillful players playing, but it just isn't what it was.

03MachMe 06-06-2013 03:54 PM

Not a big fan of basketball, and I hate the spurs. But I hate the heat and Le Queen more. So I hope the spurs win

Luke 06-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 33477)
The NBA is nothing more than actors dribbling balls. Flip, flop, flipiddy, flop.

it started going down hill in the 90s.

Don't get me wrong, there are still PLENTY of skillful players playing, but it just isn't what it was.

Ah it's not that bad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 33478)
Not a big fan of basketball, and I hate the spurs. But I hate the heat and Le Queen more. So I hope the spurs win

I don't care for how the Heat built their team, but since Boston started the trend a few years back and LA tried to do the same, I guess that's how it's going to be.

Bearded Banger 06-06-2013 04:19 PM

NBA Fans

Love me some BBall! College and NBA. Go Spurs. I hate the Heat. I may have acquired tickets to game 3 in SA. Waiting to finalize the deal. Eff Lebron and company.

Grandpa 06-06-2013 04:25 PM

I'm a Lakers fan since I'm from L.A originally. I try to follow the Mavs too but they make it hard to cheer for them sometimes with their screw ups.

Luke 06-06-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 33488)
Love me some BBall! College and NBA. Go Spurs. I hate the Heat. I may have acquired tickets to game 3 in SA. Waiting to finalize the deal. Eff Lebron and company.

I'm jealous, you have no idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33491)
I'm a Lakers fan since I'm from L.A originally. I try to follow the Mavs too but they make it hard to cheer for them sometimes with their screw ups.

I hate the Lakers! And I usually hate the bandwagon fans but since you're from there that's understandable. I'll join the Mavs bandwagon from time to time if the Spurs are out.

Grandpa 06-06-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 33495)
I'm jealous, you have no idea

I hate the Lakers! And I usually hate the bandwagon fans but since you're from there that's understandable. I'll join the Mavs bandwagon from time to time if the Spurs are out.

Being a L.A sports fan has had it ups and downs.

Up = Lakers, Angels and Kings

Down = Raiders and Rams (when they were both L.A teams of course)

A large percentage of Raiders fans are nothing but wannabe thugs. lol

Luke 06-06-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33496)
Being a L.A sports fan has had it ups and downs.

Up = Lakers, Angels and Kings

Down = Raiders and Rams (when they were both L.A teams of course)

A large percentage of Raiders fans are nothing but wannabe thugs. lol

The Angels are doing pretty terrible too, I'm pretty happy about that! Especially after they paid Pujols and Hamilton so much.

Grandpa 06-06-2013 04:57 PM

L.A is such a bad place for Hamilton to be with all the temptations too. I'll be surprised if he ever does anything there.

03MachMe 06-06-2013 05:31 PM

Re: NBA Fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 33487)
Ah it's not that bad!

I don't care for how the Heat built their team, but since Boston started the trend a few years back and LA tried to do the same, I guess that's how it's going to be.

I could care less about how they built the team it is more how LeBron announced it and the side show concert of an event that followed. The most egocentric thing I have ever seen

DirtyD 06-06-2013 05:36 PM

The Spurs will show them how a legacy is truly formed.

BLK2012GT 06-06-2013 05:36 PM

Got the heat in 5 or maybe the sweep.

Grandpa 06-06-2013 05:52 PM

The Heat are the Yankees of the NBA. They should win with the money spent on salaries in their roster, but don't always win because there is too many cheifs and not enough indians, so to speak. lol.

BLK2012GT 06-06-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33519)
The Heat are the Yankees of the NBA. They should win with the money spent on salaries in their roster, but don't always win because there is too many cheifs and not enough indians, so to speak. lol.

The difference is the heat has made the finals every year so far since the big three been together. The yankees don't make it every year. I'm not a heat fan but I do give them their props cause they have walked the walked.