Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Site Comments & Feedback (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Concerning the rules for posting in the For Sale section (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2426)

Nay 08-11-2013 12:30 PM

Concerning the rules for posting in the For Sale section

Was just wondering about the 50 post required for posting in the for sale section. My question is what type of post qualifies for the 50. The reason I asked is a new member's for sale ad was deleted due to his post count, totally understandable, the rules state 50 post required. So he went and posted comments on the site and got his total to 50, I saw his ad in the for sale section with a post count of 51 and later today his ad was deleted and the his post count was reset to zero. I haven't read anywhere in the rules that someone can't post comments on everything without being penalized. Granted he he got creative to get to his 50 but he did not break any rules here. So what gives, I totally understand the principle of the requirement, not wanting people to join and sell their stuff and then never contribute again, I get that and I know a bunch of you have been here from day 1 and here to help out others and show your pride in your ride. Just seems if someone does follow the posted rules but not the way the site admin likes it, then maybe a new rule should be discussed or applied but not penalize anyone prior to it. Just a point of view, would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks

JDMLOL 08-11-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nay (Post 44189)
Was just wondering about the 50 post required for posting in the for sale section. My question is what type of post qualifies for the 50. The reason I asked is a new member's for sale ad was deleted due to his post count, totally understandable, the rules state 50 post required. So he went and posted comments on the site and got his total to 50, I saw his ad in the for sale section with a post count of 51 and later today his ad was deleted and the his post count was reset to zero. I haven't read anywhere in the rules that someone can't post comments on everything without being penalized. Granted he he got creative to get to his 50 but he did not break any rules here. So what gives, I totally understand the principle of the requirement, not wanting people to join and sell their stuff and then never contribute again, I get that and I know a bunch of you have been here from day 1 and here to help out others and show your pride in your ride. Just seems if someone does follow the posted rules but not the way the site admin likes it, then maybe a new rule should be discussed or applied but not penalize anyone prior to it. Just a point of view, would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks

The number 50 was obviously a number that the admin thought would deter people from flooding the welcome board to meet the minimum just to use the classifieds section as craigslist.

Midnight11 08-11-2013 12:47 PM

If you want to be technical he didn't break any rules. I will step in and handle it

rriddle3 08-11-2013 12:55 PM

It's Nic's show, but on the site I admin, we have a rule against 'post whoring' just to increase one's count.

Nay 08-11-2013 12:56 PM

Pretty obvious this was never a problem before and John's intent was never to start a worm hole, he was just wanting to sell some mufflers. Met the guy yesterday, very nice guy who is into his mustang just like everyone else here.

Oxford14Stang 09-14-2013 07:45 PM

cool story bro :D