Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Procharger on Coyote? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=438)

Grandpa 09-30-2012 04:18 PM

Procharger on Coyote?

With all the the superchargers mentioned on the site, I realized looking around that no one really mentions the Procharger anymore.

Does anyone have a Procharger, or know someone with one? Any reviews/video with them on our cars?

Just doing a lil research and I'm curious about all the options available.

PLASMAN 09-30-2012 04:38 PM

I've seen a couple on coyotes over at HPP running 9's. they are beasts

Midnight11 09-30-2012 04:40 PM

i know one guy who is running their system :D

Grandpa 09-30-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 6161)
i know one guy who is running their system :D

Spill it, punk.

Midnight11 09-30-2012 04:41 PM

ill let him tell you. this is why you need a fb lol

Grandpa 09-30-2012 04:59 PM

I'm just looking for more information on them on our cars specifically. A good friend of mine had a F1A on his 2V car which made 600rw on pump gas which is good power for a lame 2V motor. Before that he had a P1SC that ate itself at 450rw. lol.

I saw a video on YouTube saying that they didn't have to cut anything on the bumper for the intercooler with the Procharger kit. I wonder what the difference is between the Vortech cooler and the Procharger is.

I'm wondering how much the intercooler sitting in front of the radatior impedes airflow effecting under the hood air temps. Also, the air filter placement under the hood has me concerned, I'm wondering how it's getting cool air being back by the firewall?

Toby 09-30-2012 05:18 PM

I will be installing one here soon. They make really good power on these cars. As most know they act like a turbo in the sense they make really good mid - top end power. Procharger is my personal power adder of choice. Imo procharger is a much better option over vortech. I have seen more power out of procharger over vortech apple's to apple's. There is cutting of the bumper to install them. Also I have heard of no issues with heating even in stop and go Texas heat.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 6165)
I will be installing one here soon. They make really good power on these cars. As most know they act like a turbo in the sense they make really good mid - top end power. Procharger is my personal power adder of choice. Imo procharger is a much better option over vortech. I have seen more power out of procharger over vortech apple's to apple's.

What do you like more about the Procharger over the Vortech?

DirtyD 09-30-2012 05:22 PM

There are a few PC guys over on SVTP, aren't there?

whiteboy 09-30-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6164)
I'm just looking for more information on them on our cars specifically. A good friend of mine had a F1A on his 2V car which made 600rw on pump gas which is good power for a lame 2V motor. Before that he had a P1SC that ate itself at 450rw. lol.

I saw a video on YouTube saying that they didn't have to cut anything on the bumper for the intercooler with the Procharger kit. I wonder what the difference is between the Vortech cooler and the Procharger is.

I'm wondering how much the intercooler sitting in front of the radatior impedes airflow effecting under the hood air temps. Also, the air filter placement under the hood has me concerned, I'm wondering how it's getting cool air being back by the firewall?

I know of a shop thats doing the install of a Procharger next week stage 2 kit on a 5.0

I wish i could afford one.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteboy (Post 6168)
i know of a shop thats doing the install of a procharger next week stage 2 kit on a 5.0

i wish i could afford one.

lol!

Grandpa 09-30-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 6167)
There are a few PC guys over on SVTP, aren't there?

Yeah, but most people are into just bragging about peak dyno numbers and not really discussing the technical stuff about the kits(probably cuz they don't know anything). I'd like to see a local one for myself to check it out. TS is a Procharger dealer and realized I hadn't seen much on these cars with them.

I loved my Vortech, it never gave me a single problem in the years I had it. It was really a set it and forget it type setup that was a lot of fun.

Toby 09-30-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6166)
What do you like more about the Procharger over the Vortech?

On a street driven car, I prefer the a/a intercooler rather then the a/w. The ease of installationis much better then vortech. Out of the kits I have installed the procharger brackets are much stronger one piece design.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 6171)
On a street driven car, I prefer the a/a intercooler rather then the a/w. The ease of installationis much better then vortech. Out of the kits I have installed the procharger brackets are much stronger one piece design.

You don't find the placement of the intake on the Procharger a concern?

Phuck Phace 09-30-2012 07:03 PM

I know that TS is throwing a stage II kit with a D1 on a California Special in a few weeks.
True Story