Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Air Fuel Ratio (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4874)

Lucky13 04-08-2015 06:51 PM

Air Fuel Ratio

Need you guys with 13-14 5.0 6 spd Coyotes to look at something for me.

Watch your AF and tell me what numbers you are seeing at wide open and then decelerating IN GEAR. It has to be a funky sensor computer thing or something I'm experiencing but curious what others see.

Look forward to hearing what you see, if anyone even reads these anymore besides the three of us left who still post.

*Ryan, you'll have to use your memory. ;-)

NAVAG 04-08-2015 10:57 PM

Interesting. I'll check mine out when I get back. I'm in Virginia until late Saturday.

NAVAG 04-08-2015 10:58 PM

Lol. I won't be able to check it until Sunday and I'll probably still reply first...

Lucky13 04-10-2015 02:47 PM

Update. I did some Googling and figured it out. It goes to 20:1 in gear decelerating because it's essentially reading raw air. I was confused by the fact that it exhaust pops like supposed to but reads super dangerously lean..... it's all good. Trying to learn about the car and tuning and all that stuff. Tuning is some black magic voodoo shit, fellas...

NAVAG 04-12-2015 06:49 PM

Verified. Mine does the same thing.

And now that I'm back, I'm loving the straight roads down here. I'ts nearly impossible to go fast in Va. I've been forced to go extra slow all week. And that Fusion that I rented had some big ass blind spots. Told my rib that next time we leave town I'm renting a mustang...

Lucky13 04-13-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVAG (Post 77414)
Verified. Mine does the same thing.

And now that I'm back, I'm loving the straight roads down here. I'ts nearly impossible to go fast in Va. I've been forced to go extra slow all week. And that Fusion that I rented had some big ass blind spots. Told my rib that next time we leave town I'm renting a mustang...

Seriously? I love it out there. From the Shenandoah valley all the way down into NC and TN! Tail of the Dragon and all that fun stuff!

NAVAG 04-14-2015 11:28 AM

I was stationed in Norfolk and Charleston in the early 90's. Been up and down 95 a few times in my day. I love the east coast, especially because I'm a History Nerd. Just for some reason I found it hard to drive this time. Took forever to get from a to b. Cops behind every turn, low speed limits because of all the hills, turns and trees. Weather was cold. When I lived up there I was used to it - Now that I've been in NE Texas for the last 20 years I kind of took for granted the wide open highways with more than two lanes, 75 mph limits and whole grid system that most cities are on...

Told my wife that we have to go back in the fall. The seeing the landscape with foliage alone would be worth the trip.

Lucky13 04-14-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVAG (Post 77433)
I was stationed in Norfolk and Charleston in the early 90's. Been up and down 95 a few times in my day. I love the east coast, especially because I'm a History Nerd. Just for some reason I found it hard to drive this time. Took forever to get from a to b. Cops behind every turn, low speed limits because of all the hills, turns and trees. Weather was cold. When I lived up there I was used to it - Now that I've been in NE Texas for the last 20 years I kind of took for granted the wide open highways with more than two lanes, 75 mph limits and whole grid system that most cities are on...

Told my wife that we have to go back in the fall. The seeing the landscape with foliage alone would be worth the trip.

I've been all over that area on a motorcycle, once in the fall. Pretty incredible.