Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RX7's inferiorty complex thread (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4633)

JDMLOL 10-07-2014 08:05 PM

I have the world's most expensive and slowest race car!!!!!

My gti was a fun car, but I dumped it for the mustang because I could smell trouble coming. Every vehicle that I or my family had driven up until that gti had literally been turn key and drive for well over 100k with nothing more than routine maintenance. Mainly ford and GM vehicles. At two years old and 60k my gti was idling rough cold and giving me a blinking cel. I had no idea what it was but I began reading horror stories of other people and their fairly low mileage volkswagens/audis shitting the bed for a lack of better words. Hell, I had a coworker with a nice gli snap the timing belt before the service interval. Like 60ish k? I didn't want to drop big money for that great German "engineering". It's all hype and over engineering just to make money after warranty. I still like volkswagens but would never own anything Euro again out of warranty except a volvo.

re-rx7 10-07-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 75330)
My gti was a fun car, but I dumped it for the mustang because I could smell trouble coming. Every vehicle that I or my family had driven up until that gti had literally been turn key and drive for well over 100k with nothing more than routine maintenance. Mainly ford and GM vehicles. At two years old and 60k my gti was idling rough cold and giving me a blinking cel. I had no idea what it was but I began reading horror stories of other people and their fairly low mileage volkswagens/audis shitting the bed for a lack of better words. Hell, I had a coworker with a nice gli snap the timing belt before the service interval. Like 60ish k? I didn't want to drop big money for that great German "engineering". It's all hype and over engineering just to make money after warranty. I still like volkswagens but would never own anything Euro again out of warranty except a volvo.

Most likely carbon buildup they had problems with for quite awhile up to 2010 I believe.

JDMLOL 10-07-2014 08:13 PM

I have the world's most expensive and slowest race car!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75331)
Most likely carbon buildup they had problems with for quite awhile up to 2010 I believe.

Mine was a 2010. That's what I suspected but didn't want to mess with it and keep throwing money at it. I had money to get the mustang so I traded that puppy in.

garner 10-07-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75327)
Jalopy? LOL My rx7 would own that fucking V. This new setup is gonna be even more wicked. Half Bridge. Funny story your V cost what 40k? LOL yea you're big time! LOL

Yupp because performance is totally what makes a car a jalopy or not :emotions33: Your rx7 is almost 30 years old and has nowhere near the convenience features of his V. So yes, it's a jalopy

Even my car is a jalopy compared to his V

re-rx7 10-07-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 75333)
Yupp because performance is totally what makes a car a jalopy or not :emotions33: Your rx7 is almost 30 years old and has nowhere near the convenience features of his V. So yes, it's a jalopy

Even my car is a jalopy compared to his V

Well fuck in that case my fiesta has AC, Recaros, Auto climate control, nav, moonroof? bwwahaa Got a little brown on your nose.:lewx4:

re-rx7 10-07-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 75332)
Mine was a 2010. That's what I suspected but didn't want to mess with it and keep throwing money at it. I had money to get the mustang so I traded that puppy in.

The S5 guys had it bad. That was a high perf model and they were having to dissassemble the motors at 50k for cleaning!

Grandpa 10-07-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75327)
Jalopy? LOL My rx7 would own that fucking V. This new setup is gonna be even more wicked. Half Bridge. Funny story your V cost what 40k? LOL yea you're big time! LOL

I'm sure your asshole appreciates the time off with all that shit coming out of your mouth but give it rest already. No one other than you for a moment could believe any part of that nonsense. Lmao

re-rx7 10-07-2014 09:48 PM

This fucking guy^ LOL

garner 10-07-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75334)
Well fuck in that case my fiesta has AC, Recaros, Auto climate control, nav, moonroof? bwwahaa Got a little brown on your nose.:lewx4:

But you don't have suede, cooled seats, memory seats, etc. Plus it's a fiesta. None of your cars compare to a v, simple as that. A fiesta with all those features is still lower class than a v, and therefore a jalopy :p

But I will say, my 5.0 is a jalopy compared to yours cause I only have power seat :(

re-rx7 10-07-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 75339)
But you don't have suede, cooled seats, memory seats, etc. Plus it's a fiesta. None of your cars compare to a v, simple as that. A fiesta with all those features is still lower class than a v, and therefore a jalopy :p

But I will say, my 5.0 is a jalopy compared to yours cause I only have power seat :(

suede and memory seats lol Your argument is seats......:Plugged:

All of my cars compared to a V? Hell the fiesta is way more advanced than some shit pushrod motor. LOL

re-rx7 10-07-2014 11:31 PM

someone has the butthurt.

garner 10-07-2014 11:54 PM

And your argument is that performance makes your car not a jalopy, aka the typical Honda guy argument. Performance doesn't determine whether or not a car is a jalopy, the condition and comfort features do

I'm so glad you've accepted that you're butthurt :)

re-rx7 10-07-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 75344)
And your argument is that performance makes your car not a jalopy, aka the typical Honda guy argument. Performance doesn't determine whether or not a car is a jalopy, the condition and comfort features do

I'm so glad you've accepted that you're butthurt :)

So the conditon and confort sets apart the jalopies? So damn My fiesta is way up there on the non jalopy list!! :chewie:

garner 10-08-2014 12:07 AM

But compared to the V, it's still a jalopy :)

Lmao just realized the thread name change

STROKD 10-08-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 75330)

Well said, but not to sound like a dick, I trade my dailies every 2-3 years. I take care of em, keep them nice, then off to a new one. I dont like maintenance either, so keeping them new keeps that worry off my mind. I lease usually and they hold their value so well, that the payment is cheaper than buying a Ford like the Focus or even Fiesta... since I dont keep em, Id rather have a nicer car for less money a month. Having a car for 100 k miles is 10 years of driving for me, and Ive only kept 2 cars in ny life over 10 years, and they are in my sig.

re-rx7 10-08-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75352)
Well said, but not to sound like a dick, I trade my dailies every 2-3 years. I take care of em, keep them nice, then off to a new one. I dont like maintenance either, so keeping them new keeps that worry off my mind. I lease usually and they hold their value so well, that the payment is cheaper than buying a Ford like the Focus or even Fiesta... since I dont keep em, Id rather have a nicer car for less money a month. Having a car for 100 k miles is 10 years of driving for me, and Ive only kept 2 cars in ny life over 10 years, and they are in my sig.

You are absolutely correct in leasing. You live in town and I don't blame you one bit. If I could lease I would but where I live I have to drive 30 miles on way to go somewhere. Lol

STROKD 10-08-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75354)
You are absolutely correct in leasing. You live in town and I don't blame you one bit. If I could lease I would but where I live I have to drive 30 miles on way to go somewhere. Lol

Might be cheaper to move if thats a permanent thing... unless u live with family free or something. Even a paid off house is sellable, use that and pay cash for a house closer to civilization. Never understood appeal of living in the sticks.

Grandpa 10-08-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75355)
Never understood appeal of living in the sticks.

It's quiet.

No traffic.

More privacy.

It's not crowded.

Less light pollution and can actually see the stars at night.

Burn outs on country roads with no one to bitch about it.

If you have enough property -

1) you can shoot guns

2) ride ATV's/dirt bikes

3) ride horses

I can't wait to move out onto some property in the sticks!

re-rx7 10-08-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75357)
It's quiet.

No traffic.

More privacy.

It's not crowded.

Less light pollution and can actually see the stars at night.

Burn outs on country roads with no one to bitch about it.

If you have enough property -

1) you can shoot guns

2) ride ATV's/dirt bikes

3) ride horses

I can't wait to move out onto some property in the sticks!

You could survive an Ebola outbreak lol

BERT 10-08-2014 03:03 PM

Here's what I've learned in this thread.

STROKD is buying a Huracan!!!!!!!!!

and RX7 is arguing about a Fiesta.................... a Fiesta.

Grandpa 10-08-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 75359)

Exactly. lol

STROKD 10-08-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 75359)
Here's what I've learned in this thread.

STROKD is buying a Huracan!!!!!!!!!

Bert, there is a high likelihood of that happening, even though you were joking. Just wont be for about 5-7 years.

BERT 10-08-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75361)
Bert, there is a high likelihood of that happening, even though you were joking. Just wont be for about 5-7 years.

That would be sweet

Grandpa 10-08-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75361)

Wut..

blownaltered 10-08-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75363)
Wut..

He better hope his dad doesn't read this

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/...psd99e5c77.jpg

Dominic Toretto 10-08-2014 09:49 PM

Now we're back to the glory days. So who's dad is stronger?

-Alex

STROKD 10-09-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 75364)

U r on the right track, but my parents arent that old...

re-rx7 10-10-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 75364)

I LOL'd :favorites37:

re-rx7 10-13-2014 04:11 PM

FYI for everyone. Trip to talimena coming up this sunday. Quite a few people going. JAred Holt and some of his friends from OKC and a few guys from dallas. Lets see how those vettes fair!

BERT 11-06-2014 12:31 PM

So did anybody in this thread ever race?

STROKD 11-06-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 75867)
So did anybody in this thread ever race?

Nope.

BERT 11-06-2014 01:24 PM

Yeah I think I knew the answer already

STROKD 11-06-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 75872)
Yeah I think I knew the answer already

Id like to run your z... :)

BERT 11-06-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75873)

I'll let you know the next time I'm supposed to be in town.

Grandpa 11-06-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75873)

On foot? Lol

BERT 11-06-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandpa (Post 75876)
on foot? Lol

lmao

BERT 11-06-2014 11:50 PM

Come to think of it, let's throw Donnie into the mix too and I can kill two verts with one stone :D

STROKD 11-06-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 75875)
I'll let you know the next time I'm supposed to be in town.

Ok sounds good, I need a day notice to charge the battery and get fresh gas. And I doubt Donnie will race, hes already mentioned he doesnt want to break his car. I dont want to break mine, bit I dont think Ill have to drive it 100 percent.

Grandpa 11-06-2014 11:59 PM

Niiiice.

BERT 11-07-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75885)
Ok sounds good, I need a day notice to charge the battery and get fresh gas. And I doubt Donnie will race, hes already mentioned he doesnt want to break his car. I dont want to break mine, bit I dont think Ill have to drive it 100 percent.

LMAO!! Drive it however you need to, but when you lose I don't want to hear about not driving 100%