Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ticketed by Plano PD (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=994)

merlinmol 01-20-2013 11:43 PM

Ticketed by Plano PD

I was on my way home from a friends house in Wylie. Plano PD follows me for about 5 miles, then pulls me over and tickets me for making a wide right turn onto a street with no traffic at 9:30 at night. What a bunch of fucking bullshit.:mad:

Phuck Phace 01-20-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 16453)
I was on my way home from a friends house in Wylie. Plano PD follows me for about 5 miles, then pulls me over and tickets me for making a wide right turn onto a street with no traffic at 9:30 at night. What a bunch of fucking bullshit.:mad:

That's a dick move, thought they only did that to see if you were drunk.

Midnight11 01-20-2013 11:51 PM

in the stang or camaro?

03MachMe 01-20-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 16455)
That's a dick move, thought they only did that to see if you were drunk.

I use it a lot to see what's going on with a car. Only write the ticket if they really ask for one. But some guys just like writing tickets. Sorry about your luck.

BLK2012GT 01-21-2013 12:49 AM

What do you expect? Plano cops are dicks.

OG Fox 01-21-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 16453)

contest it. i was given the same ticket by dallas pd after they searched my truck a year ago. i was courteous and compliant and he still gave me a ticket. i took it to court and it was dropped. Do not let the police push you around. I understand there are good cops. but some cops can go fuck themselves.

Grandpa 01-21-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 16465)
What do you expect? Plano cops are dicks.

Henry, is that you?

BLK2012GT 01-21-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 16472)
Henry, is that you?

Lol

merlinmol 01-21-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 16456)
in the stang or camaro?

In the Mustang.

l3g1t 01-21-2013 03:35 AM

That's what they make 70k a year to do...

Sucks though maybe he was jealous?

Special K 01-21-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlinmol (Post 16478)
In the Mustang.

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone being pulled over for this before! I guess I know to avoid Plano since I usually pull into the middle lane or at the very least, the lane that does NOT have an oncoming car in it!!!

Sorry about the ticket.. hopefully you can contest. Sounds pretty BS.

Phuck Phace 01-21-2013 10:57 AM

http://www.lavazone.org/sites/defaul...he_police!.jpg

Except for Ryan, he's cool.

(This thread needs more N.W.A.)

Grandpa 01-21-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 16506)
http://www.lavazone.org/sites/defaul...he_police!.jpg

Except for Ryan, he's cool.

(This thread needs more N.W.A.)

The greatest hits album rules! :Big Laugh:

Grandpa 01-21-2013 11:13 AM

I've actually trained with a lot of police officers over the years. Surprisingly, a lot of them are quite cool when they aren't wearing their uniforms. When they aren't on the job, they are just like anyone else. There has been a few Garland officers who attend our school that are even cool guys and I didn't think that was possible with Garland who have a major reputation for being assholes! lol.

But there is always some guys who can't leave the persona at work and constantly walk around with a chip on their shoulders. I've actually come to understand why they are that way though. Cops are human like anyone else, they tend to get jaded the longer they are on the job. Could you imagine dealing with the lowlifes of society on a everyday basis? Being lied to all day long, insulted, death, drugs etc. I think that would wear on anyone over time.

I think the most common pain in the ass cops that we tend to deal with are the overzealous rookies who haven't been out there long who still believe in their cause and have something to prove to their co-workers. We've had a couple of rookies come through our doors and even the senior officers don't like dealing with them. lmao.

blownaltered 01-21-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special K (Post 16504)
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone being pulled over for this before! I guess I know to avoid Plano since I usually pull into the middle lane or at the very least, the lane that does NOT have an oncoming car in it!!!

Sorry about the ticket.. hopefully you can contest. Sounds pretty BS.

I've been pulled over for this in Plano years ago. Bullshitted with the cop for about 15 minutes and he let me go. He had me for 3 different thing and I drove away without a ticket. Sometimes your attitude gets you the ticket. I've talked my way out of more tickets than I have received.